1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What the Heck Happened To.....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RM24, Dec 18, 2007.

1. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Malcolm Floyd? I saw his picture on a Milk Carton today at the Market. This guy has just disappeared. Is there any room for this guy or is he hurt? Did the acquisition of Chambers shelve him? Or the emergence of Buster or Naanee? What the heck happened to him? Totally went MIA.

2. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    Norv is resting him for the playoffs.

3. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Yea, that's it. :icon_rofl:

Seriously though, he's still on the squad. I actually like Floyd but he's on the bench for whatever reason.

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I think he said that he liked Marty about the third game of the season. He has been religated to gatoraid boy.

5. twilight15

twilight15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    I just thought he ran over Norv's dog but Norv's expression wouldn't have changed anyway

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    VERY GOOD QUESTION!!!!

I was expecting to see A LOT of him this season but I completely forgot that he was even on our roster!!! :(

8. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    He was struggling a lot in practice early in the season, so guys like Davis and Nanee got ahead of him. By the time he had it corrected, we picked up Chambers, so he didn't have much of a chance to get back into the starting lineup. He's the #5 WR, and the Chargers never run the 5 WR set, so he never gets any playing time.

A few weeks ago Acee said that Floyd had probably caught his last pass for the Chargers. Acee said that Turner and all the guys really like him, though, so if they can they will try to keep him, but we're pretty stacked at WR right now, so unfortunately it probably isn't likely.

9. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    That's probably it maestro. I think he just got caught in a numbers game with Chambers, Davis and Naanee. I do think this could be it for MF. He's got some serious skills though. But he always get's hurt. I thought this was going to be his breakout year. But man, Chambers is just awesome. That guy can teach the rest of these youngins how to actually CATCH the football. VJ seems to be benefiting from single coverage and hopefully acquiring the catching skills CC has. Maybe VJ will learn how to tap that damn foot when he's at the back of the endzone......:icon_sad:

10. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    He's actually might be listed as 5th receiver but he's pushed back to 6th because of Osgood.

Chambers, VJ, Davis, Naanee, & Osgood.

That leaves no room for him during games, no way we'll go into a game with 6 active wide receivers. Sucks for him but that's the way the NFL goes.

11. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Dammit. Now he's going to go somewhere else and light it up. :icon_evil:

12. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +504
    Yeah..... I'm v disappointed for Malcom. I hope he goes on to become a reliable number 2 WR in the league. It is a great pity that it looks like he will not get the opportunity in San Diego. I'd like to see them let him line up next year and compete with the incumbents.

13. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    If he doesn't solve the injury bug, there is no way he'll be a #2 receiver. Besides, he is good down near the goal line but I'm not sure he is the greatest of route runners which would make it that much harder for him..

14. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Wow, maybe Norv and the boys should bust that out!

15. BoltzRule

Ratings:
    +155

If they would do it Gates would most likely be one of the "WRs", maybe even LT.

16. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    We'll save that play just for the Patriots!!!!:yes:

17. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    I'm sure we'll see what Floyd is really capable of next year when he's playing for Miami.

18. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Isnt like Floyd will cost a lot to keep. Only if he wants to move on will they not be able to keep him. Can't imagine he will be in big demand. Cam should get fired since Parcells is signed on so he cant sign him.

19. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    D Flo and MT are probably gone after the season. That leaves two ST slots. If they groom Kassim as a safety, since they have nothing to lose and quite possible a seriously good tackler to gain by trying it, there would be a slot on the coverage and return teams. Naanee might also be shifted to H back or Tight End. Otherwise, there might be some trade interest. Hate to lose someone with his skills.

20. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    Yeah but he's not going to want to stay on a team where he gets no playing time. He'll find somewhere that is willing to start him. There are plenty of teams out there who need decent WRs, the Chargers just aren't one of them anymore.

21. BoltzRule

Ratings:
    +155
    yea he's going to want a shot to play, why stay when you know you'll be the #5 receiver?

I'm sure he could be a #3 or something on some bad WR group, then he could get the playing time to at least try and prove himself.

I think we'll probably grab some udfa's to replace him, maybe a project wr. That's how we got Floyd in the first place, Osgood too.

22. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    We were in a 4 wide formation (w/ VJ, CC, BD, and AG as the WR's) and motioned LT out to be the 5th reciever near the goalline on our second drive last week. So we do go 5 wide every now and then.

23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Yeah we do.

I am not sure why fans are wondering why we do not use it because we do use a 5 WR set. I wet myself everytime I see it.

24. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,418
    Odds of Floyd signing with Miami next year: 2/1

25. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    :yes:

Package him up to get some more draft picks.

26. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
    This only happens if Cameron is still in Miami and I would give 2/1 odds that he is gone now that Parcells is running the show.

27. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,418
    Miami's been taking our castoffs since long before Cameron went there.

I'd lower the odds to 3 to 1 if Cameron's gone, however.

28. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
    This is true, they have .. But with Parcell's coming in, I am guessing there will be a big change in the way they do business. Miami has been trying to build with free agency because of their piss poor drafts over the past decade. I expect they will try and build through the draft, much like he did with Giants, Patriots, Jets, and of course the Cowboys.

29. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I think he's going to go somewhere else and kick ***. I like the guy. Everytime I have gone to camp, the guy catches everything they throw at him, and makes some really great catches. I guess the coaches must be seeing things I don't.

30. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Exactly, I would expect a completely new approach to the way Miami does business. Signing fringe NFL talent is not the path to success.