1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What The NFL Needs

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Looking back at how MLB handled their first horrible scandal in 1919 by hiring a Federal Judge as their first commissioner, the NFL needs to wake up. Kennesaw Mountain Landis went on to permanently suspend eight White Sox players for their part in throwing the series. The Cheaters constant violations of league rules resulted in what? I hardly think that the paltry fines levied as well as losing only one late round pick fits the crime. Let's hope that if Walsh's evidence points out that the Cheaters have lied to Goodell and further tainted the NFL's reputation, that this pansy commish wakes up and puts the hammer down.

I also really don't understand why Goodell didn't take the more favorable of the two first round picks. The argument I've read on here is that they traded for this pick with the niners...so you can't take that one. Why the hell not? They were entitled by league rules to #31 by virtue of their finish. They were entitled by league rules to #7 by virtue of the niners finish. Who cares if it was due to a trade. Take whichever pick does the most damage. These bastards should lose a lot more as far as I'm concerned if they're found further guilty! Stupid, smug SOBs :tdown:

2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    At this moment, I agree that the more needs to be done. At minimal, I think both of their #1 draft picks should be stripped. I hope it isn't over yet.

3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I don't think you can compare the two. And the fact is, everybody tapes the other team, no?? :icon_shrug:

They do however deserve anything and everything they get!!!

:tup:

4. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    No not everyone does it. No coach admitted to it. A few coaches said they never did and a few former coaches went out to say they never did it as well.

Some media says everyone does it. However "everyone" does steroids too however that doesn't mean its right.

Patriots were the most well known for it. Another team that was known for it, Denver Broncos under Shannhan.

Teams with a rep for cheating and crooked tactics usually deserve it.

5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I just had a major argument with the woman about this very thing!!

The oil companies, the mortgage companies, etc... etc...

:tdown::tdown::tdown:

6. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    What the NFL Needs? Not this fuking clown as the commissioner. He went from the "Hard ***" who was going to clean up the image of the NFL to "The Puppet" with Kraft's puppet stick up his ***.

Report: Specter wants Goodell to publicly release letters sent to Walsh

:icon_wtf:
    :icon_wtf:

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Goodell plays hardball with individual players who make trouble, but does the soft sell backpedal away from Kraft & his precious Putriots.

Screw his smarmy phucquing azz. I hope Specter pins them all to the wall for the whole world to see. :icon_evil:

8. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I listen to sports radio here quite a bit. The patsies really do not care about the pick that was taken away. All the radio guys know they made out pretty sweet. Plus from the sounds of it, the Kraft's may have paid Bilicheats fine for him 'under the table', IMO.:tdown:

It's only common sense that the favorable of the 2 picks was taken. That is just idiotic.

9. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    They're not going to take draft picks because the NFL isn't going to benefit financially from crippling their top draw franchise.

The Pats get the best ratings and probably draw the biggest advertising dollars. Take two draft picks and New Englanders and pissed at the NFL, and the Pats are handicapped.

No profit = no dice.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    He got a big contract extension rumored to be in the 6-8Mil/year. I doubt that he noticed the fine.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3023193

11. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The NFL wants this to go away without having to explain away the underhanded tactics of a lot of teams, who would, in all fairness be subject to the same penalties. How bad would that be for draft day ratings and NFL PR?