1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What was wrong with the PA last weekend?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MadMike, Jan 17, 2007.

1. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +502
    The PA was all messed up. You couldnt hear POD, the announcer, or anything all game. Anybody know what the issue was?

2. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Too loud?

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,880
    in view you couldn't hear a damned thing

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,057
    The sub woofer sounded as if it had a voice coil going out on it. That crackling sound

Then again it did sound like some speakers I used to own after I blew them out with a 500 watt power surge.

5. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +502
    I'm on field and couldnt hear a damn thing either, its like it was all bass and no treble.

6. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,057
    But the bass had a crackle sound to it.

My son blows sub woofers in his car all the time, and according to him, that crackle sound happens when the voice coil starts to stretch, and when that happens, your sub woofer is going.

7. starrman

starrman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    The PA system was not as loud as it normally is. Upon furhter review, the speaker setup was different that the entire season. The speakers were smaller and situated much closer to the field level row one about 3 feet away instead of a usual looking 10-12 feet.:tdown:

I hvae absolutely no idea why but it sure made the sound suck and certainly was not as loud. Perhaps one of those brain dead city workers is a Pats fan.............:icon_shrug:

Just another example of an outdated stadium and did you see the problems with the play clock???? I was not sure if was problams with the clock or operator error. :icon_huh:

8. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,057
    One year they had speakers up and down the field, the Broncos complained to the NFL about the noise, The Chargers had to turn it down, and ended up pulling the speakers off the field.

9. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112

The Broncos ***** about everything .. that isn't suprising.

10. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Man I was in plaza under the overhang and I never heard any PA and never heard any chanting just heard constant loudness. Too bad Chargers can't measure the decibels because I would think that would have set a Charger record.