1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What would it take to save Norv's job?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fouts, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +348
    For you?

Just curious, let's say the bolts again make a run to 9-7, and Chokeland $hits the bed. Is winning the division enough, or does he need wild card round win, divisional round appearance? Or win to get to the AFC championship? SB appearance? or win?

Curious where everyone is at with old Norval, or if you have thrown in the towel. I'd include AJ, but I have a feeling he is here to stay.

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    If we somehow made the playoffs he'd keep his job. That's what Dean said. No playoffs = YOU'RE FIRED so it's pretty safe to assume, giving the ridiculous amount of injuries the team has this year, if we made the playoffs he'd retain his job.

It would be a MASSIVE mistake though. The fans are fed up. Nothing short of a MIRACLE Super Bowl win this postseason would excuse the sheer amount of stupidity we have witnessed this season from our coaching staff.

None of this is going to happen though and he'll be fired Jan 2.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378
    Nothing.

4. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +377
    2 SB wins 2 years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Nothin' short of an AFC Championship.

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I'll go with making de AFCCG. I don't know about the rest of you but I want to enjoy the whole season (from game 1 thru the playoffs) not watch crap football for 8 weeks then see them get in the playoffs only to go one and done

7. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Make playoffs and get to Super Bowl.
    That goes for AJ as well as Norv.

No one measures up to the way Green Bay has picked up players in the draft the last few years, and the Saints aren't too shabby either both in terms of player acquisition and coaching.

8. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    A letter from the nurse? ;)

9. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,151
    "He got a real pretty mouth, ain't he?"

10. AlphaB°lt

AlphaB°lt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Only way Norv saves his job:
    -IF he wakes up from this horrid Nightmare season, and it's actually Week 1 of 2011.
    -IF Chokeland manages to lose the rest of the games this year and the Bolts win out.

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    A lot of incriminating pics & a large caliber gun. :roflmao:

Or just as likely the same ownership. :rolleyes:

12. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    We could win the SB and I would still fire Norv

• Like Like x 1
  13. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    There not making the playoffs either way.. We'd have to run the table @Jax, vs. Buffalo, vs. Baltimore, @Detroit, and @Oakland..

But I'm not optimistic look at the opponents we beat.. Vikings (2-9), KC (4-7), Miami (3-8), and Broncos (6-5), one team with a winning record.. that's sad.. 15-29 combined record..

Oakland will lose to @Miami, @Green Bay, vs. Detroit, .. which is a 3 game losing streak.. so the game @KC and vs. SD are big games.. we need them to go 8-8 with us beating them AT OAKLAND.. which is not likely

Denver will lose to New England and @Buffalo.. unless Chicago turns it around then that could be a loss.. so they will probably go 9-7.. We'd be in a tie breaker with Denver, head to head is 1-1 but they have the better Division record which will most likely be 4-2 unless they lose to KC..

so all in all.. Norv will be fired.. unless somehow this team wins the Super Bowl :roflmao: he will still be fired..

14. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Not THIS one!! :tdown:

15. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    It would take Jesus Christ himself coming down from on high and saying "Thou must keepest Norv Turner- thee crappiest head coach on My Father's green earth" in order to save Norv's job.