1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What Would Make My Year???

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by gobigblue, Nov 18, 2007.

1. gobigblue

gobigblue BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Man it would be great if I woke up late Monday morning to the news that Cottrell was fired while Rivera was promoted to DC. Rivera's aggressive style of defense IMHO would jump start this uninspired defensive unit and inspires the offense to pick it up a notch.

Man, if only.....

2. KNSD

KNSD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Sweeping the Raiders.... I have low standards.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    AJ gets in front of the media, publicly apologizes for bringing his stooges in and asks for forgiveness from the Charger fans. He then fires Turner and Cottrell

Cam Cameron is fired by the Dolphins, returns to OC, Ron Rivera is hired as the DC and Rex Ryan is hired as HC after telling the Ravens to shove it saying "I did my damn job, Billick should do his!".

4. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    This place would go into final meltdown if we don't sweep the Raiders.

5. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    Rivera wasn't especially aggressive when he coached in Chicago. That was the fans biggest gripe about him there. I'd still rather have him as DC though. If we're going to run a passive defense, at least let somebody who can tell their *** from a hole in the wall run it.

6. sdnc

sdnc BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    If winning a Championship were as important to the Spanos as contributing to the Republican party(see newsmeat.com) Charger fans WOULD have something to cheer about.Don Coryell,Bobby Ross,Marty Schottenheimer all were fired by the Spanos. My year would be made if the Spanos sold the team to someone who REALLY did care about the fans and bring this great city a Loumbardi trophy!

7. HWNJEDI

HWNJEDI BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Actually, being a Raider fan myself, winning in Oakland over San Diego would be great but the joy would be fleeting at the most. With our 2-8 record and your 5-5 record we'll both be watching the Superbowl. Haven't you guys had enough of that? I sure hate it.

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Seeing Marty & Norv hang from the highest tree. :icon_twisted:

9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    All MODS on all sites are fired. :yes:

10. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Winning the lotto would make for a pretty good year.

11. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    :yes:

12. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    If we don't sweep the Raiders, it will usher in the return of the dark ages.

13. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    OH NO!!! MARTY IS AMONGST US!!!

quick start bashing! :lol:

14. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    ahha i could live with that, it seemed like 1st half of vikings game and 1st half colts game Rivera was coaching the D moving people around all over the place and blitzing, then 2nd half Ted takes back over lol, and Ted was coaching all game yesterday cause not once did i see anything more then a basic 3-4 lol

15. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    The Spanos' sell the team.

16. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    can I say

".... and they move to Las Vegas."

without getting killed? :icon_mrgreen:

17. skawash

skawash BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    A season ending injury on Tom Brady.
    Not a career ender cuz I would look like a jerk,
    for wishing something like that.

18. henryqjr2001

henryqjr2001 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Going 9-7 and beating the Pats in their backyard...Payback is a Biacth.. is'nt Boston fans!!

Go Bolts:abq2:

19. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Winning the SB. Although even if they some how do it this season it would technically be next year.

Striking rich, buying the Bolts, building a stadium in San Diego and firing Cottrell and Norv and bring in a real coaching staff. Would obviously be #1 but that isn't very likely.

20. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Man, I'll second that one. I usually don't wish injuries on people but a torn ACL on Brady boy would make me happy. :yes:

21. HWNJEDI

HWNJEDI BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Going 9-7 for you guys is very possible. I hope at least that your team makes it to the Wild Card or a Playoff berth instead of those damn Denver Donkeys. And to see the Patriots get their *** handed to them in their own house would be glorious for me as a Raider fan if you know what I mean!

But on a side note, I must apologize if there were any vicious tirades or unbecoming NFL talk from my username. I just checked my "User CP" on this site and I have a few negative comments on my username. My idiot nephew (who borrows my computer to do his homework occasionally) apparently messed around and jumped on this site and talked crap a while ago. How he got my password and stuff, I don't know. I'm all about having a good time ribbing each other on team play and final scores and the usual smack talk back and forth. He has been dealt with so again, I apologize.

• Like Like x 1
  22. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I'd much rather beat the Patriots in the playoffs than Brady suffering an injury. It'd be a lot more fulfilling, and there's no bad karma in it.