1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What's the DielMan? Who Controls this Locker Room?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by nickelbolt, Oct 5, 2007.

1. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I'm going to preface this with the following info: I heard an interview with Darren Woodson (former Pro Bowl Safety with Dallas) who said that during their championship runs with Aikman, Irvin, Emmitt, and the many other stars on that team, that THE O-LINEMAN CONTROLLED THE LOCKER ROOM. He said that if you look at the Pats and Colts, it may be the stars who get all the media hype, but it's the O-Lineman who control those locker rooms and keep guys in line. With the Niners several years ago, it was Derrick Deese who kept guys in line. Even when T.O. went ballistic on Garcia, Deese stood up to him and told him to STFU.

So this got me thinking...

Kris Dielman chose to return to the Chargers this year. He was wined and dined by the Seahawks only to realize that his heart was with the San Diego Chargers. I'm wondering when this guy is going to take control of his linemates, slap the crap out of them and reiterate to them why he came back to this team. It's time for the O-lineman to show everyone what they're really made of.

So which group do you think controls the Chargers locker room?

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'm not sure that we have a particular unit that is controlling the locker room, but rather a collection of players. My guess would be guys like LT, Jamal, Merriman, LoNeal, Dielman, Rivers, and Oben.

Maybe this is part of the problem right now - no one is taking the bull by the horns & leading. :icon_shrug:

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    WE NEED SINGLETARRY!!!!!

4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    There are plenty of other threads to discuss coaches... this is an issue of player leadership... which this team is sorely lacking.

5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886

Rivers for offense, Merriman for defense. Gents it's time to step into your roles and take Charge' ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!. :bolt:

6. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    why the two most consistent pro bowlers...scifers and kaeding :flag:

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Well, that would explain a lot. :lol: These linemen have displayed the physicality of a kicker. Maybe we just refer to them in the following manner: Louise Castillo, Jamolly Williams, Shania Olivea, Michelle Goff, Nikki Hardwick, Kristy Dielman, Marcy Mcneill.

No offense to the ladies in the forum, of course. But these guys have played like a buncha' skirts. :yes:

8. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Hey dude from this morning at that "other" place:

Chargers 41

Donkos 14

:icon_rofl:

9. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :icon_rofl: No ****. Some people are just oblivious.

Not me. Not you. But "some" people. :icon_rofl:

Looking forward to some good riding that day. The trails up here are so nice right now. I'll be in a state of utter mountain biking bliss when the *** kicking is taking place. My TiVo will tell the tale later on. Life's too short to watch these schmucks while the sun is shining!!

10. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Hey am I hopeful? Always but I'm bracing for the worst. I lost my mind last sunday and I'm pretty sick of it. We'll see. :bolt:

11. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    So did I. But then I realized, what I watched was reality and I'm not gonna get emotional about it anymore. Unless the other team completely folds up and goes away... this team is in big, big trouble each and every week. I can't be hopeful when a bunch of badasses suddenly feel sorry for themselves because they lost their "emotional leader" or whatever other excuse they're gonna come up with. I'm not falling for their crap. Maybe midseason, if they're .500, I'll go back to having hope.

And I'll tell ya'... I really do believe what Darren Woodson was saying. It all starts with the O-line. Even if they give up some sacks, miss blocks, etc. As long as they're winning the battle more times than they lose, this team will rally and eventually put together the big plays.

12. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    hey man

this is the easiest bet i ever had to make

peace

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Donkeys -1? Yeah... I'd say that's pretty easy.

14. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Dude, there's always room for another Norv sucks thread.

15. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    You're right. Where is B4L anyway? I was sure he would have infiltrated this thread by now with a new spin on that very topic! :lol:

16. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    One hundred is just never enough...

17. o-line protagonist

o-line protagonist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :lol:

:tdown:

Get a clue.

18. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Oh no!!!!!!!!! all is lost, I better call my shrink and get the good shyte to see me through.:bolt: :icon_rofl: :icon_tease:

• Like Like x 1
  19. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Sing their praises if you like. But the tape doesn't lie. Not only do I have a clue, but I have hard evidence.

20. o-line protagonist

Ratings:
    +10
    Lets say that you have pulled your best Magnum P.I. and you have all the hard evidence you could muster. Good for You.
    I still see no reason to start name calling the team. I would be curious to see you do that to their face.

The problems that are causing the poor performance of the Bolts this year lie far beneath the surface of your hard evidence. Dig deeper.

21. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Why are you curious ?

It does not take some super hero to go up to a player and tell them they suck to their face.

22. o-line protagonist

Ratings:
    +10
    Never said it did take a super hero, nor did I imply so.
    But it sure doesn't help the situation. If you two can do it better, try out for the team next year and see what happens. With that said, I would pay good money to see you walk up to Dielman and tell him he sucks to his face...sober.

For all the good you do as a Bolt fan Trumpy, it is perplexing why you choose to ruin it with comments like this.

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The only one ruining it is you by your comments which imply fans are chicken to make a comment to a player and then you add they have to be sober.

For all the good you do, why incite fans to root the way you want them to?

If the fans want to criticize a team, they have earned that right and to stifle it is bullshiit so check yourself before you cast aspersions into the wind.

24. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Further Mr. O-Line protagonist -

I would not tell Dielman he sucked to his face.

I would tell Olivea he sucked whether I had a case of beer or a cup of coffee and it would not make a damn bit of difference.

25. o-line protagonist

Ratings:
    +10
    At no time did I imply anyone was a chicken.
    At no time did I tell you or anyone else how to "root" for the team.
    At no time did I, or will I in the furture, try and "stifle" anything.

I said that name calling and negative comments towards the O-line and/or the rest of the team/coaching staff does no good.
    I join you in your frustration of the events leading up to our current plight this season. I assure you, I do.

All I am saying is that the problems that exist on this team cannot be solved by name calling and player bashing.

26. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    It's Rolf.

The dude was out on the field kicking with a colostomy bad "**** bag" tied to his waste (pun intended "waist").

Why did you call him out ? :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

Rolf got/is involved in shady insurance **** after his football career and many do not know about it - yet. :icon_eek:

27. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    On the opposite end of the spectrum, blowing sunshine up their asses does nothing as well.

So where does that leave a forum? :icon_shrug:

We are back to where "you" want posters to NOT say anything derogatory or what could be deemed negative against anyone on the team.

Guess what ?

Wake up.

If a player or coach SUCKS FUC-KING ASSS, then the fans have every right to voice their displeasure and if that means hurling insults and throwing the TV out the window - hey - so be it.

No one enjoys being told how to root for their team or guilted into posting one way or another.