1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Whats the story on McNeil?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Sep 13, 2008.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    He was cleared to practice before the game last week? Why is he not playing this week?

I heard something about bulging discs near his spine, which concerns me because his spinal disease (spinal stenosis) is the reason he fell so far in the draft, teams were afraid he had a short shelf life.

Is he the next IR candidate for us? If its a spinal injury I'm surprised he's not on IR already to make room for another backup tackle.

2. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    I heard it was because chronic hemroids:icon_shrug:

3. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    Someone kneed him in the head in the early days of training camp. Caused a bulging disc. Unrelated to his spinal condition. Standard diagnosis is about 6 weeks of rest. They expect him to practice this week and play against the Jets.

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I thought bulging discs were pretty damn serious?

5. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    I read that he was dealing with a separate back issue at the beginning of camp and that the knee to the forehead happened 2-3 weeks ago. He has said he is ready to play but with a injury that close to the spine it's up to the doctors to clear him to play. He should play next week against the Jets.

Of course I could be full of ****.