1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What's up with Seth Wickersham?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdrocks, Sep 3, 2007.

1. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Did anyone read the article on LT, AJ and the Chargers in ESPN magazine? Lt's on the cover by the way. I'm thinking it's going to be a positive article on the Chargers and their chances this year. Seth seems to always pick the Chargers to win each week so I'm guessing he likes the Bolts. Instead of being a positive article it seemed like the whole intent of the article was to bash AJ Smith. It even implies that LT is unhappy with AJ and the management. He talks about Brees, Marty, and Gate's hold out and seems like he is portraying AJ as an egomaniac that cares only about his ego and not of the team.

Those are all dead issues. Rivers led us to a 14-2 record, Gates was signed to a long term deal at the Chargers price instead of holding out until mid season, and Marty was given one more year to try with the Chargers but he turned into a puss and sabotaged the coaching staff and I believe he wanted to get fired. Did you know Dean was the one that told Marty not to hire his bro? But Marty wanted to proceed anyway so Dean fired him.

Even the picture they used of AJ has him looking like a real *******.

Some quotes from the article
    " It agonizes him (LT), to be here (starting over) again" AJ wanted continuity so the team wouldn't have to start over again but Marty was the one that was trying to start over with a whole new coaching staff.

In LT's rookie year AJ approached LT and said "I want you to know something. Trust me on this. I promise you, your career will not end in vain." Then the article goes on to imply that AJ broke LT's trust by letting Brees go and then Marty.

The article uses stats to show how great Marty was and how bad Norv is.

There's too much BS in this article. All AJ did was give the Chargers the most talented team in the league, he let Brees go becuase he was coming off an injury and we had Rivers. How can anyone justify 10 million guaranteed for Brees under those circumstances. If we would have caved in to Brees' demands we would not have been able to sign Dielman and Phillips this offseason.

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Interesting how in NFL Network's Inside Training Camp episode that featured the Chargers they had an interview with L.T. conducted by Marshall Faulk and one other dude who I can't remember right now.

LT was glowing favorably about Norv's offense and how he interacts with the players.

3. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    ESPN in general has really gone downhill the last few years.

4. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    That where you should have stopped.

People refer to bad news papers a fish wrap or something you would wipe your *** with.

ESPN The Mag is so far down the editorial ladder that I wouldn't let my dog wipe his *** with it. That is, if I had a dog.

5. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    ESPN The Magazine would have far more value if they just turned into a sports cheerleader picture rag, with one team's cheerleaders the main focus each week.

28 NFL team cheerleaders + 24 NBA cheerleaders = 52 weeks.

:yes:

6. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    No kidding. I used to get that pile of crap when I had the Insider. I canceled Insider because there was no way I could have insider and not have that trash show up in my mailbox. Do not enter house, drop directly into recycling bin.

That thing had ZERO sports info and resembled a B grade version of People Mag for Sports.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    SOME of the writers (like Buster Olney) are first rate at what they do but yeah alot of them aren't. This article was nothing more hten a BS article on how AJ's really a stubborn dictator who fired a harmless winning football coach and is ruining a great RB.

I wonder who AJ pissed off at ESPN to earn this

8. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    A Lombardi would cure all of our problems getting respect

ps. ESPN SUCKS

SEE THE FU THREAD

:lol:

9. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    ESPN has gone downhill, no doubt. For me the ultimate sign of their fall from being an actual sports network was their obsessive fixation on Terrell Owens, a fixation that continues to this day. I still respect several of the individual guys at ESPN, but as a network they suck at NFL analysis.

10. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Yup, NFL Network is where you get the good stuff now.

Last year's revelation by Adam Schefter that Oakland was going to release Art Shell from head coaching duties, reported before the season was even done, was classic. He pizzed off Oakland so much that they issued a response only 15 minutes after his report on Total Access. The statement chastized Schefter but they never denied his statements. :lol:

Turns out he was right, :yes:

11. O'reilly

O'reilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +454
    There is only one stat that counts for anything with Marty that that is ZERO CHAMPIONSHIPS in over 20 years...

:tdown:

Norv has a chance here to win the big one...if he doesn't, he's gone too...:yes:

• Like Like x 1
  12. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Marty used to work at ESPN, so I'm sure he still has people there sympathetic to his cause.

It's funny. Just today the UT published an article that said Deano fired Marty because he grew annoyed by Marty's demands to hire his brother.

• Like Like x 1
  13. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Yeah, I read that too. If it is correct, it was Dean Spanos that made the final decision to fire Marty.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Well, I'd use it in the bottom of my parrot cage. That is, if I had a parrot.

15. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    Nah, you would fuk up the parrot. All it would say is "B****in Crib" or "B****in Ride".

16. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    ...And he had the ability to wipe his ***...:abq2: