1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What's up with Turner?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ETicket, Aug 26, 2007.

1. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    I can't believe there's no update on his condition as of yet. And that no one's discussing it. :icon_huh: All I've seen is "ankle sprain", but with no indication of the severity. It was a disheartening sight to see him on that cart.

Has anyone heard or read anything?

2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I read high ankle sprain and that he told Norv it's going to be alright. Other than that, nada.

I just hope he's ready to go vs the Bears.

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    High ankle sprain.

Burner said it was feeling a little better.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    they'll probably just rest him thursday - let pinnock and sproles carry the load

5. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    OK - I just got this as part of an injury update email from The Footballs Guys:

A few injury updates from last night for you.

-- SD - RB Turner Injures Ankle

Chargers backup RB Michael Turner left the game on a cart with what's being called a high ankle sprain. The severity is still to be determined but we all know a high ankle sprain is bad news. Obviously, LaDainian Tomlinson is the man in San Diego but when you spend the #1 pick on Tomlinson, it's smart to grab his backup later.

Some reports have Turner's injury as not very serious but others are fearing he could miss some significant time. Right this second, I'd have to say that Darren Sproles is probably the guy that would back up Tomlinson. Hopefully, you LT guys won't need either Turner or Sproles but insurance is never a bad idea.

6. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Sounds like a good plan to me Ant! :icon_toast:

7. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I think I would have been shocked to see if Turner played at all on Thursday regardless of the injury.

8. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Always the conspiracy theorist ..