1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What's Wrong with LT

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltssbbound, Oct 29, 2006.

1. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    The old LT would have had 200 yards rushing today. LT easily left 50 yards rushing on the field today by not hitting the hole hard and running out of bounds. And don't even get me started on his pass receiving. On one reception LT fell down without being touched. I guess he was afraid of getting hit. And when the hell is LT going to start sticking his nose in on pass protection? It's not like he's been excelling in that area. If he were, he would have shut down Polamalu repeatedly on the blitz a few weeks back.

If you have read to this point and don't realize I'm being sarcastic, you don't know me very well.

LT is still the most dangerous player in the league, and he showed that today.

For all those idiots who have questioned LT's ability, his heart, his competitiveness, (Leisure, MTL, et. al.) all I can say is congratulations on being the forum dunces. Oh, and MTL, great handicapping guru that you are, how did you lose all that money betting that the Bolts wouldn't cover the spread? I thought you said it was a lock?. Perhaps you should rethink that gambling website. I mean, who's going to pay for your opinion when it gets out that you were the guy who thought Turner was a better fit in SD than LT? :lol:

LT is the best football player ever to wear a SD Chargers uniform. And I feel sorry for those of you who are so pathetically full of yourself that you can't see it.

2. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    werd to sarcasm. LT was money in the bank today. every1 knew he was comin, but they couldnt do shi*. but seriously, the only thing wrong i saw with LT was that he couldnt outrun atogwe on that long gainer he had. sure hes a safety, but that was reminiscent of last year against the giants when that safety (demps?) caught LT to save the td. i think in a fair race, LT could take both those dudes. the man was just tired.

peaz to cleveland

3. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9

4. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889

6. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Leisure, really, just shut the f*ck up. LT was dominant today. He showed why he's the best player in the game. You want to nitpick his performance, fine. It just proves what a dope you are.

7. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    :yes:

8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    I can't believe he didn't score on that 58 yard run. What a douche.

9. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FireReich #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +853
    Me too. I thought he was gone. But looks like LT doesn't have that super speed 2nd gear anymore. Oh well, still a dominating performance by the leagues best RB.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Maybe he needs to spend some time hanging out with Shawne. Turbo speed, activate!

I'm just saying.

:lol:

11. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Hey Jdog, why don't you stick to posting creepy avatars. I'm perfectly relaxed. Sorry if you can't handle the unbridled truth. I'll try to sugar coat it next time so I don't offend you. Or perhaps you could just grow a pair. :icon_shrug:

12. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Don't EVEN start dissing on the sweet *** Maiden avatar.

:mad:

13. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,516
    I wasn't dissing the avatar so much as dissing the dog for his only worthwile contribution--creepy avatars.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    LT is slow and the dude is over rated. :yes:

15. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9

16. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    now lt is a douche? come on say it!:icon_evil:

17. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889

18. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    To me the true douchebags are the ones who think that because LT's the best back in the game it means his skills haven't detriorated in the slightest, he's perfect in every way, and that not only is he the quickest back in the league, but he's the fastest, the strongest, and probably has the nicest smile too. He's a Charger, and he's GODLY, so anyone who says anything other than "LT is GOD" is an idiot.

Yeah, okay. The people saying LT has lost a step have a point, and I think you all saw it plain as day today. In '03 there's no WAY LT gets run down from behind by a safety. He was GONE and then all of a sudden he wasn't.

Notice I did NOT say LT sucks, or that we should start Turner, or that LT's skills are no longer elite. But saying he's lost a step or that he doesn't have the same burst he once had does not mean "OMG his career is over, he's no longer the LT of old!"

LT is still a great player, but no he is not great all the time and in every situation, and the team does sometimes seem to overstimate his greatness and rely on him too heavily. He is still capable of having games like today. I've never heard a single Charger fan say otherwise. But he's also capable of being pretty much neutralized for long stretches of time.

Oh but I forgot, when LT goes two or three quarters averaging 2 YPC, that's always totally, 100% on the o-line. Guess the o-line's reeking incompetence was a bit less unbearable than normal today, allowing God to break loose for 200+.

19. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +610
    boltssbbound : a while back, in another forum, Mtl said that to get people's attention he was going to start posting stupid stuff all the time, so to me dude has absulutly NO credibility whatsover he's just a little boy screaming "look at me!"

P.S. LT is still the best RB in the league, but we have to realize that his skill will deminish over time, maybe some are starting to. After all is said and done, he'll be a HOF and in the discussion for GOAT

20. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,727
    I just saw a highlight of the run, and if LT doesn't turn to look for the safety chasing him, he's gone.

The turn killed him.

21. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Look at it again bro. The safety angled in on LT from behind. He closed the gap surprisingly quick. And this was a safety, not a corner. A cornerback I could understand, but not a safety who clocked 4.62 in the combines.

22. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +610
    what are you implying, should we trade him? is he washed up? :icon_eek: :icon_mrgreen:

23. LinksterAC

LinksterAC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Extremely unlikely that any of his abilities have deteriorated. At 27, even for an NFL runningback, he should be at his peak. The LT I've watched this season looks more agile than ever, and while his acceleration and burst are unparalleled, after 40 yards there are MANY in the NFL who will run him down.

Remember, his 40 time benefits from the fact that he reaches his top speed faster than anyone in the NFL. His top speed, however, while very good, is not elite. He will get chased down. We've seen that his whole career.

And he probably would have taken that run to the house if he didn't turn around and try to engage the safety. I'm still perplexed by that decision.

24. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,516
    I think it's kind of pointless to argue whether or not LT's skills have diminished. He's still the best back in the game today, and I've yet to hear anyone who actually breaks down game tape say that LT is not as good as he once was.

I do know this. LT is stronger, better conditioned and a much smarter player than he was earlier in his career. He's said as much. I also know that, as an established star in the league, LT wears the bullseye on his back in every game. Everyone is gunning to stop him, and he still scores more TDs than anyone else, and, when given some room to operate, he's still the most dangerous open field runner in the game. It amazes me how some take his greatness for granted. He makes moves at top speed that other backs can't even dream about making. He's not going to outrun a secondary players who has the angle on him, but he never was able to do that.

25. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    It was a safety who clocked 4.62 at the combines.

That's the thing that bugs me. It wasn't a safety with marginal NFL speed who ran him down. Oh, no, it must have been a cornerback! And when LT has a bad game it wasn't because he was dallying too much at the LoS and making poor decisions. It was because the O-LINE sucks. You say we take LT's greatness for granted. How so? Are we supposed to erect a statue of LT somewhere in Mission Valley and gather to prostrate ourselves before it? Is LT off-limits for ANY sort of criticism?

Sorry, but I'm not real big on hero worship, and when people are SO jacked up on LT's greatness they tend to point the finger at everyone and everything else when LT is not being great. And THAT bugs me, because no one takes LT for granted. He's a terrific player, but he's not the entire team. But a lot of people elevate him WAY too high on a pedestal, and then get bent out-of-shape when others actually have the gall to mention it when he's not playing well, like it's somehow sacreligious to point out that LT is human.

26. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Combine schmombine. The guy had the angle. Go back and review the play.

I never said that LT wasn't beyond reproach. THe guy misreads plays, he picks the wrong hole, he's indecisive at times, but so is every other player ever to play the position.

You want to say LT had an off game that's one thing. But I think it's ludicrous to say that, at 27, his skills are diminishing. There's just no proof of that, and not a single person in the know has ever uttered anything like that, because they know that it's ludicrous. LT is still the best back in the game and one of the best of all time.

Daryl Johnston, someone who knows a bit about great running backs, could do nothing but praise LT today. He was simply amazed by LT's acceleration, vision, pass receiving, pass blocking and drive to be the best.

In LT's 91 career games, how many of those games have we lost because LT had an off game? There's a reason that LT's so revered. He's the best player in football, and if you took a poll of NFL players and coaches, my bet would be that the majority of them would agree with my assessment, and very few would agree with your assertion that LT has "lost a step."

It's simply a matter of not appreciating what you have in LT. It's like a guy who marries the hottest chick in town and after five years he thinks she's lost her looks, while everyone else in town still drools over her. It's human nature to take what you have for granted.