1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Whats wrong with Merriman?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BossChief, Oct 29, 2009.

?

whats the biggest reason other than roids?

1. no Olshansky

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. wounded knee

25 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. scheme not calling for him to blitz enough

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. he misses Marty

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BossChief

BossChief BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Why no sacks?

2. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    You said other than Roids - I think the primary answer is in your question

3. BossChief

BossChief BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    It wouldnt be much of a poll if I added the roids now would it?

I wouldnt be surprised if we give him a shot if he let go by you guys, major knee injuries like his take two full calendar years to heal properly and I dont think he trusts it 100% yet. I bet he starts looking like his old self toward the end of the year and by the end of next year will be at full strength again.

4. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    definitely the knee (and subsequent groin strain) you can see him getting better week by week - if he were dogging it i'd be mad but the guy is hustling he's just not 100% mind/body right now and is still working his way back.

5. BossChief

BossChief BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    I wonder what they do with him at the end of the year.

He is in a contract year, no?

6. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Kind of - he will likely be franchise tagged at least for next year - unless they can get a good return on him I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign a new deal once the CBA stuff is worked out either... this is assuming he can return to similar form as he was pre-injury.

7. BossChief

BossChief BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    was there any buzz around the trade deadline about him being moved? If not, I bet you are right.

8. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    The knee is not 100%. He used to have a very quick first step but that has been lacking. He did seem quicker in the last game, so I hope to see him improving as the weeks go on.

9. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    What's wrong with a Chiefs fan still here talking **** the week after his team gets thumped? Should I start a poll? Haha, only kidding. But it's obvious that Merriman's knee is still not right, though he does seem to be improving. But the funniest choice by far in the poll was "no Igor." Trust me, that is not the problem.

10. BossChief

BossChief BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Those things to tend to happen against KC...

11. BossChief

BossChief BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    I havent been talking ****. I am here to talk football, nice to meet ya.

Whenever the Chiefs dont make the playoffs, I root for the AFC west teams that in it, so there have been games I rooted for SD.

I thought the he misses Marty was kinda funny, was Marty even there when he was drafted?

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I gotta believe it's the knee. Not only does it need to keep healing in order to handle the stress that a defensive player puts on it, but he's also got to learn to trust that it will indeed hold up.

13. Haterproof2020

Haterproof2020 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    I dont think nothings wrong, we gotta stay patient. I watch each game a couple times to see whats going on with certain players and watching Merriman he is still very stout and aggresvie but just doesnt have that blazing speed back YET!!. Against KC he made a couple classic lights out run stops, hawking LJ from the other side of the field and making a nice hit, and he was around the quarterback a few times. Knee injuries are no joke and we gotta be patient with that but he has been solid the last couple of games. He will break out soon, and if Rivera keeps sending extra heat then he will get there.

• Like Like x 1
  14. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    I think we'll see something from his this weekend. I don't think it's his knee as much as it is timing and rhythm. It's not the same as riding a bike, you have to get used to the flow and after taking over a year off, that'll throw your **** wayyyy off.

15. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Wow, you really don't know much about the Chargers. That would be like me asking if Marty was coach of the Chiefs when Larry Johnson was drafted. Of course Marty was here when Merriman was drafted.

As far as talking ****, didn't you come in with a prediction of a Chiefs win? That may not be the most brazen **** talk ever, but considering your team has one win against a really bad team, it still seems ballsy.

16. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
  17. BossChief

BossChief BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    I just couldnt remember how long it was since he was fired.

I predicted a 3 point win man.

Your team only had two wins, so please dont talk down to me. Many media pundits picked KC too because of recent collapses by SD and nobody knew what the effect of not having Jamal Williams would have.

If we have a chance at winning but its unlikely, I will say Chiefs by 3 all day man, I have pride even though my team sucks.

That isnt talking ****.

18. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    He will have a BIGGER year in 2010 after being FULLY healed. Hopefully it's in San Diego.