1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Whats wrong with this poll map?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ThunderHorse17, Dec 25, 2010.

1. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    ESPN.com Poll Results by State

Get out there and VOTE River fans... I dont expect PR to even get to PM and TBs #s in their home playing state, but damn only 5% for PR from the state of CALI??

Nationwide its obvious that everyone is in love with watching Vick have the best season of his career. I just dont get it when PR has been keeping this team in game after game, why isnt that exciting enuff to draw attention?

Obviously the PR love still isnt even close to nationwide.

2. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Because there are actually non-biased sports fans. It is not a popularity contest or a vote for the local boy. Mike Vick deserves it.

3. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    I never said Vick didnt deserve the NATIONAL support for this years performance, Im asking why is only 5% of California PR homers to near 50% for Manning in Indiana, Brady in Mass and all boardering states, and Brees with like 60% of Lousianna.

I was just stunned when I took a look state to state of where the QBs play and only PR is still going semi noticed by the masses. Its ok also I could care less how long it takes for everyone else to get it about PR or even get over the *hes got a negative attitude* opinion.

4. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    1. It's Poll, not Pole (unless they're only counting votes by Polish immigrants).

2. PR is at 15% for Cali at the moment.

3. Really, who cares?

5. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    First off you have an East Coast VS West Coast bias, and that’s one we will NEVER win! Second off until the Chargers win SOMETHING, Rivers will never get any respect. Third off, Until you see Rivers doing ANY nationwide Commercials, he will never get any respect and that goes back to the second reason. Based on everyone else the Chargers are nothing more then a second rate team, the other fans put up with us, but they laugh at us. WE talk a lot, but have NOTHING to show for it. WINNING will cure that, but with an owner looking to sell the team he is not going to put another penny more than he has to, its going to be really hard to get anyone to rally around a QB that has never won anything, is judged as a trash talker on the field, and has yet to put on a ring. That comes from the front office and their Public Relations Dept; if they don’t market him correctly he is going nowhere.

6. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    WHY THE ABBREVIATIONS, who the FAWK are we talking about?!

7. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    I'd rather watch Vick play than Rivers (that is at least this year), yet I'd watch the Chargers over the Eagles any day. Honestly, how can you get more exciting than Vick this year?

8. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    I don't think anyone is saying Vick doesn't deserve it. But to not have Rivers is contention at least is total joke. I mean even you can agree to that.

9. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    Vick is having a great year. But its disgusting to discount River's great year as well. Dish out the love evenly or don't dish it out at all.

10. BOLT POWER

BOLT POWER Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13
    totally agree PR gets no respect, over the last three years he's as good or better than the NFL gods, Brady Manning etc.

11. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Just my slime ball of an opinion here.

I guess the Nation loves Ex-Cons in Vick more than they love Choir Boys in Rivers.

12. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Do people not deserve a second chance? How can you not love Vick after what's happened? Let it go, he killed dogs, God forbid.

13. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Again My Slime Ball of an opinion is this.

I wish that Vick would have never been able to play Football ever again because of him being an Ex-Con. Plus to me it is a privilege to Play Football and to me again Vick does not deserve to play due to him being a Felon.

The NFL is becoming the National Felons League.

This is my opinion from a Scum of the Earth as well. I think Rivers is MORE Deserving of the MVP than Vick because Rivers is the Choir Boy and not gotten into trouble with the Law.

As my POS opinion toward the MVP as well. It should be the total package of On the Field and Off the Field accomplishments which includes not getting in trouble with the Law that should Deserve the MVP.

I know am am the Biggest POS Scum of the Earth for my opinion and I will never apologize for being it.

14. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13
    Cali is a big state and no one north of OC gives a rats *** about the Chargers. Next question.

15. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Vick wins it because he plays on the East Coast

16. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Hey Turtle...
    [​IMG]

Vick is kicking all kinds of *** this year.

As much as I love Rivers and this team, I have a very hard time giving it to Rivers over Vick. MV has been so much fun to watch this year, the Giants game last week and the Redskins game earlier in the season were epic.

Haters gonna hate

17. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    I'm not hating on Vick. All am saying is that Rivers has been doing this the last 3 years and still doesn't get recognition for it. Its disgusting to see actually.

18. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Bah. Individual awards are lame.

There's only one award I give a **** about.

19. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I still hate that dog killer

20. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    H8er said it best It is mutha Fuggin East Coast Bias right there and it Pisses me off.

East Coast Mutha Fuggin Bias.

21. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Vick deserves it over Rivers. No biased involved. Look objectively.

22. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    it starts with the front office and the marketing Dept! But then again if we don’t win ANYTHING, do not expect anything back because there will be no respect from the Entirely east coast
    Sports
    Production
    Network.

I bet once they get up to LA Rivers goes nationwide in advertising

23. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    BULL S***

24. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    tr00f

25. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    He lives on the East Coast, and in Florida, the land of hanging chads, do you expect much?

26. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I know what my eyes see, not what ESPN or anyone else says. Vick is this years MVP.

Stop using the East Coast Bias excuse. Rivers isn't getting consideration because mostly our team is crappy and we aren't even confirmed for the playoffs. Before anyone uses the Chris Johnson/Titans excuse as well, dude ran for over 2000 yards and was pretty much the only reason Tenn won 8.

I'd love to see PR get it, and I do think he's deserving, but I'm not gonna cry about it and say NO FAIR like some of you.

27. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Rivers is ahead of Vick in how many different measurable categories as a Quarterback?

The only thing different is WINS!

Is it Rivers fault our Special Teams are horrible?

How many different receivers has Rivers had to throw to this season?