1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

When Denver loses TOMORROW we will STILL be in 1st place

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by in_a_days, Nov 18, 2007.

1. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I am not high on the play of our Chargers. :no:

But we are incredibly fortunate in that our division sucks this year for the first time in recent memory. I really believe 8-8 is going to win this division. If we continue to play this way we we'll be lucky to win the three we need to get us there. But if we can just get our **** together and get hot at the right time anything can happen. Don't give up bolts fans! :bolt:

2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    When Denver loses tonight we will STILL be in 1st place

:lol: my bad.... editing as quickly as possible

3. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    When Denver loses TOMORROW night we will STILL be in 1st place

thank l

4. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    The problem with most posters (myself included) is we know this team SHOULD be playing in the AFC champioship or Bowl and the way we're playing now that ain't going to happen :no:

5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    I don't know if this is a good thing or not :icon_shrug:

I mean, let's say the Chargers finish 9-7, win the division and lose in the playoffs (first or second round) then what? will Norv and Cotrell be brought back? if that happens will this team be in a better situation next year?

Sometimes (not during games) I wish they finish 7-9 to make sure the coaching staff is rehauled

• Like Like x 1
  6. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Whoopee. Lose out and make certain that Norv is done. The Pats have this thing locked up this year already anyways.

It's time to start thinking about next year. If that includes Turner and Cotrell, it's time to start thinking about '09.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402

That may be a good thing but we will still be a one and done affair in the payoffs so its no big deal. Id rather not make it so Norv and Ted get fired. I dont want to sit thru another season wit them at the helm while our team is mediocre again.

So, is rather not make teh playoffs and have them fired.

8. Boltzzz

Boltzzz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

Yeah thats what I have been saying all year long, we can still win our division, blah blah blah blah blah, after today I say big Fu**ing deal about winning our division, so what, we get in by default? Then what, we get our *** kicked in the playoffs? WOW, what a season huh, after going 14-2 last season and having virtually the same team back, is that a victory? Hell no it aint. I will support our team and still have hope but after what I saw today, there is not much hope for this team this year, in my opinion

• Like Like x 1
  9. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Well I will say that if this team can pick it up, and play the rest of the season as well as they did the second, third, and forth quarters then they should be more like 10-6...the rest of our schedule does not have any really good complete teams.
    That said, unless we see a change, at this rate, the Chargers are just going to be cannon fodder for any playoff team. Even if they win this crappy division, without some consistant, above average play from both sides of the ball, they are probably not as good as the wild card teams...I can see us one and done.

10. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Even if they squeek into the playoffs I think AJ will declare the Norv experiment over. I think he will sack up, say he made a mistake, and fix it. I would also have a tough time watching this train wreck with Norv at the helm.

I only have one real quest for the season now. To see the Pats lose one game. Preferably the Super Bowl to Green Bay. I had never been a huge Favre fan and had completely written off, but you got the love the guy. What he is doing is pretty amazing.

11. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I don't even care about being in first place anymore...I am thinking about next season...this season is going nowhere fast...I wish I would wake up tomorrow (before 10 because apparently Clinton Hart needs much more beauty sleep than I do) and Norv would be gone...let's cut our losses now...even if by some fluke, some bizarre twist of fate...we did make it to the Super Bowl...we don't even deserve to win...maybe next year will be our year...I have hope...but I'm a realist. And when we win, I want it to be because we earned it...with our pride intact.

12. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    :icon_rofl:

Hart couldn't handle FS, so they put McCree in there as the deep middle zone coverage, and he blew chunks as well. Pathetic.

Send them both a new mattress along with their tickets out of town.

13. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    And take Norv's comatose predictable butt with them...

14. LTX

LTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Norv's playcalling was pretty good for the most part. Lousy execution by our OL, and a few crap plays by Rivers (especially out of the pocket).

The most predictable playcalling was by Cottrell on defense. Third and long (five yards or more) was the same soft zone with a 4-3 look and no blitz EVERY Freakin' TIME .....

16. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Overall Norv is terrible. And the team has lost confidence in him. If LTs looks could kill Norv would be dead after last week...Teddy can pack his bags too...I don't feel very tolerate...:icon_eek: For sub-par coaches anyway...the fans and the players deserve better...

17. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    From LT and Merriman's post game comments, it sounds like there is gonna be an *** kicking soon. Someone had better stand up and become a leader - and WILL this team to victory.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    We should have won this game, but at least we lost to a tough, hard-nosed Jacksonville squad, not the mediocre Vikes.

I'm too sick of the whole situation to even bash Norv & Teddy any more. They both suck, plain & simple.

Personally, I hope the team jumps their sorry azzes in a big way. :icon_evil:

And Hart & McCree need to sit their butts on the bench & watch Weddle & whoever play safety.

• Like Like x 1
  19. sacko20

sacko20 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0

The West is Sub-par this year to say the least.

20. DaronEdwards

DaronEdwards BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Word up on all fronts.

And that's one hell of a signature too, pal...:tup:

• Like Like x 1
  21. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    You survived the forum's hazing rituals :lol:

Now you are really welcome. :lol:

22. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Man what a bunch of negative self-pitying crap.

All you people that are sure we should just mail it in this year... why bother even playing next year? NE will still have Brady and Moss so why don't we get real and start thinking about 2012, the next time anyone except that Pats have a chance to win the big game. :tdown:

C'mon people, this is the NFL and anything can and does happen. Who thought Tennessee was going to win 6 straight last year? Seriously you guys need to take your prozac and get back with the f'ing program. I'm a Norv hater, but I will NEVER give up.

• Like Like x 1
  23. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    Tenn. has a much better coaching staff then we do. What pizzes people off is the fact we have REAL talent spread throughout this team and Norv effectively sucked us down the hole :yes:

24. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Steve Gregory :icon_eek:

25. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    IAD I can appreciate the optimism and if I tried to tell you I want this team to tank I'd be lying. That said I think we're in big trouble and from what it sounds like Norv is rapidly losing this team. AJ and Norv need to make an example out of somebody and cut the bad apple(s) immediately.

Other than that Go Titans!! :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  26. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    When Denver loses tonight I will win $100!! :icon_party:

27. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    :icon_toast:

I like winning football money more than just about anything.

28. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I totally agree that we're in deep $hit, but as a fan and well, human being in general, I find that mentality is just so important to happiness and success. There's nothing wrong with being acutely aware of how close we are to being out of it... I just hate to see people give up. As long as we have any statistically chance of winning a superbowl I am going to continue to hope for it. :yes:

Go nickel, the entire board is rooting for you. :tup:

29. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Have any of you ever been so dissapointed and depressed, that you didn't want to post? My gay-Brady av is still up because he hasn't lost yet, and I feel like my week is over, until we can have a shot at beating the Ravens.

Anyhow- I'm too upset to post, damnit! I never thought this would happen. I hope this can be clinically diagnosed!