1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

When Does The Burner start taking snaps away from LoNeal?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Alpenbolt, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    He is big as a fullback. I want to see at least a few series with MT and LT in the same backfield. I think this would give any defense real fits and create a lot hestiation on that side of the ball.

If LoNeal insists on his snaps line him up wide for Davis, cause Davis sure ain't doing anything. :lol:

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    He doesn't. Loneal is a Juggernaut who blows up blockers and defenders. MT is big, but not of a full back, nor do I think he would want that drop in carries and production.

Just my opinion, you will notice I do not get paid by the Chargers to coach... Those idiots don't know what they are missin!:icon_evil:

3. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Turner doesn't need a fullback in front of him and can plow his way through pretty small holes and I am sure can adequately block for LT when 21 is called. We need his hard hitting at the beginning of the game to soften the defense more.

We need more options than LoNeal provides at the beginning of the game when the defensive legs are fresh. Bring LoNeal in later when they are good and softened up.

You got to keep the defense guessing. Is Turner going to piledrive his way up the gut, is LT going off tackle or taking a pass in the flat, and oh by the way make sure you double team Gates.

Rule 1. Get your best players on the field.

(Actually that is rule 2. Rule 1 is give the damn ball to LT.)

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I think everyone and their mothers is begging for some split back formations.

5. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Pretty Pretty please can we have some!:yes:

6. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Is split back the right way to go in terms of true options? Is LT really going to block?

I like Turner lined in the fullback slot just where LoNeal is now. Will keep the ILBs inside. And much more of a real pass carrying threat than LoNeal when he goes in motion.

7. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Soon I hope :bolt:

8. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    how bout 3 backs in the backfield? loneal, LT and burner in all at once, how you gunna stop that? put some serious size out there, legedu, davis, loneal, lt, burner, rivers, clary, mcneil, goff, dielman, and hardwick. theres my offensive eleven. can you say BULLDOZER? thats what you got with those big ol MF's out there at the same time

9. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    How bout Manumaleuna at TE, McNiell, Goff, Hardwick, Dielman, Clary at O-Line, Rivers QB, LoNeal, Burner, and LT in da backfield, and Gates at WR? THATS a hell of a squad. They'd put 10 in the box and their best corner one-on-one with Gates.

Or how bout LT at QB? Then VJax at WR2, who can catch and block! Oh the possibilities.

None of this would happen though. And Burner Turner is not a blocking back at all. If anything, LT used to be a FB back in TCU. He could make the switch more reasonably I believe. But I wouldn't want to see that.

10. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    oh crap, i forgot gates and manu. DANGIT! thats who i meant to put in, i was wondering why the squad seemed kinda small still.

REVISED

MANU, MCNEIL, GOFF, HARDWICK, DIELMAN, CLARY, GATES, LT, LONEAL, BURNER, RIVERS. mwahahaha that would suck for the teeny tiny corners out there

oh yeah and i found out that terrell davis works out at the same place i do and some guy from the 9ers

11. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    Are you kidding? And take away the threat of Lo Neal gaining a yard on those short passes?

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Just for a completely different look -

Na'anee at QB, with LoNeal, LT, & MT in the backfield, run the option.

13. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Yep we should run the option and the single wing formation. Gawd knows those would work against the fast pursuit defenses of the NFL.

:icon_rofl:

14. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    You have to wonder...how much more of a threat would that be with turner on the receiving end?

15. SuperCharger85

SuperCharger85 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Spread out the defense!!! Turner as a lone tailback with LT in the slot on one side and Gates split wide on the other. There's got to be a mismatch somewhere, LT or VJ(other slot) one on one with a LB, Gates single covered, or no one in the middle of the field to defend the run.

16. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Remember that dude at the UT, who said that play is brilliant?

He said people who disagreed with him know nothing about football.

:icon_rofl:

17. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Hey TK, thats why we are here, and well the UT is over there ------->

18. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    I would love to go back to that old school 3 back set. Power on power, now put 9 guys in the box.

19. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Hows about Rivers at wide out.

If we can max protect the QB for about 10 seconds we can throw a 5 yard deep out pattern to him...:yes: