1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

When Enough is Enough.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Dec 5, 2010.

1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    This is getting ridiculous. We're losing to the raiders again. SOmehow the best offense and defense are getting their *** kicked. This season is becoming a repeat of 08 except we wont make it at 8-8. WHen are people gonna finally give norv the DISrespect he deserves? NOrv Turner is the kinda guy you hire as a Demotivational Speaker. THis guy is taking the most talented team in football and getting them not to perform. WHen are all of his apologists gonna get there head out of his *** and admit its time for norv to go.

We need a coach that isn't ok with losing. A coach that hasn't been castrated. A coach that isn't norv. Norv MUST GO!!! Rivera might be ok. If not CHucky, Cowher, Parcells, Anyone decent please. We need someone who can win and get these prima donna players playing like they should.

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    I'm hoping Gruden can come over the booth. Norv is absolute joke. A.J can kick rocks too.

3. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    I agree 100,000,000%

4. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    AJ is great at finding undrafted gems. Keep him as GM, just take away his coach hiring ability and force him to work with a coach that doesn't have a vagina!

5. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    I wish we could get Gruden that would be perfect

6. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13
    Screw it, I'm done for the season after this egg laying. Hell, L.A. deserves this bunch, I'll help pack the moving vans.

7. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I feel bad that when we hired Norv and everyone thought WT the giant F

is finally setting in

But hey, I'm just a bandwagon, casual fan who doesn't know shiit.

:D

8. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Oakland 4-0 in divison play plus sweeping the chargers wtf...

9. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +90
    If a team with such high ranked Defence and offence is getting beaten this easy...it HAS to be the coaching thats at fault!

It is a simple case of not getting this team prepared to play and motivated to win! I have no doubts about Norvs Playcalling ability (well a little maybe) or his ability to position coach (on offence) but he is obviously lacking in one really important area of coaching that is letting the team down.

IMO it is his motivation and his inability to hold players accountable when needed.

AJ is also a slow cancer on this team that is preventing the Chargers from getting the right coach in here.

Just my opinion and I'm sticking to it

10. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +375
    +1

Totally agree.

11. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings:
    +4
    Rivera's defense had 12 man on the field 2x in a row an NFL record for failure JFYI. This is his shoulders completely and the HC's Norv. 1x 12 man on the field in a whole season is still a bad season in my opinion. No team I ever played on and i played 8 years unbeaten even got 1 single penalty for this, when i was on the field. Our kickoff team did though. I would count the players my self when i was QB/RB/WR or Safety/LB.

This is a huge system failure. The coaches and players are all responsible for this lack of leadership skill. Not only did we fail 2x in a row , but it was when they were going slow and milking the clock with a lead.

Our team was frozen! Great coaches/players don't freeze up, they stay calm and think and fix problems quickly.

12. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

Ratings:
    +4
    If u owned the Chargers and came to me and wanted my in site:

I'd say this to you.... Name 1 SB team where their WR's/Rb's didn't block passionately every play? Now name 1 single play this year that our WR's/RB's had done so with full commitment with their bodies on the line till the play ended? Don't you have film on these players when they were in college to know if they were solid blockers and wr's? How many great TD's were because of a real wR blocking?

Ok, now fire the whole staff and let me get a real one together modern style with better everything.

13. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +90
    I'm interested to hear your plan for a new coaching staff 1 Cool Guy.

14. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

Ratings:
    +4
    My plan would be to do as I've said 2 years ago tactically. Mixed in with player input. Meaning i would have an advanced tactics goal of idea's that would end up dominated by the players abilities from game to game. I would enforce rules that the players would have to follow, specifically WR/RB would have to be capable of blocking or be traded. Even #85 Gates does not block well enough for me. He would be required to put his whole body into every play or sit. This is the most flagerent problem our Offense has. Our D is almost all scheme problems the players are doing well with what there told to do which needs to change. These tall Wr we have are good for stats but they cannot out run ppl to the EZ pro ball is about speed and toughness, blocking Wr are more valuable for SB's. Especially with the new rules. A WR has to come down with the ball to be complete. 1 COOL CHARGERS ball, is about speed and toughness & having the absolute best tactics by far. Even a 1 time person watches any team I'm part of could tell we were way ahead of our competition tactically.

Players would be accountable for formations and # players on the field and such as i have posted about before.

I'd hire 1 person just to watch film and let me know which players are not giving 100% blocking till the whistle blows and if they need training on how to do better.

I'd only hire very bright people to run my schemes. I'd be ok with hiring ppl who don't even know football but are very pro at what they do with tactical sports/events.

1 person job would be to give me a stat sheet on what each team weakness were.

1 person to do research and development top secret of football techniques that would make us better than our comp.

and so on....And yea I'd be the final word on all this hopefully. Let me interview the coaches personally. I could tell in seconds if they know how to win sB's in the future.

15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Make a resume and send it to the chargers.

Posting here is not going to make you a hof coach/gm

16. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    :icon_wtf:

17. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +375
    Have you ever coached a NFL team before? No? Then STFU! Besides I think he was asking who you wanted as new coach. Gurden, Cowher, Harugbauh, Marty?

18. Eric

Eric BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Not a huge fan of Norv but to me it seemed the Chargers lack of size killed them again. Smith needs to find bigger bodies on O-Line and Defense.

• Like Like x 1
  19. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +375
    When as Smith ever done that? Smith needs to go and take he's buddy Norv with him.

20. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

Ratings:
    +4
    Harugbauh or Oregon's HC either would be huge improvement.

21. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    What is a 13x world chimp anyway?

22. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Pssst...

ATTENTION: ALL NORV / AJ LOVERS AND HATERS

Guess what the new owner is going to do.

Stop the hate.

All of these people will be gone. All of them....hopefully AJ stays but when I mean everyone, I mean everyone. Even the janitors....window cleaners, gardeners etc etc....

Relax...within 25 days or so, everyone will be happy or sad or suicidal.

Merry Christmas

23. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    From Bill Williamson's ESPN blog:

Things got so bad in San Diego on Sunday that late in the game, when only jubilant Raiders fan remained in the stadium, San Diego’s cheerleading squad was loudly booed during its final number of a forgettable day for the home team.

You guys booed the cheerleaders? Really? Come on now.

24. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    The way today went, they probably fumbled their pom poms.

25. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +375
    Reasons like this is why were called a Soft fanbase.:mad:

26. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    That's a bunch of bull. EVERY NFL team's fans empty out during a disgusting blow out (the possible exception being GB).

27. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    McNeill 6-7 336
    Dielman 6-4 320
    Hardwick 6-4 305
    Vasquez 6-5 335
    Clary 6-6 320

I don't think size is the problem.

28. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    It's over when the visiting team has more fans in the stands than the home team.

29. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13
    The problem STARTS with the GM and HC.

The first's failures in the draft have left us with insufficient talent. His stubborn anti-free agency philosophy hasn't helped, nor has his tough guy act. The second is good for one motivating speech a season. Maybe. He's an offensive coordinator, no more, never has been. Rivers has been propping up this team with his heart and skill, and yesterday he was 'off' and no one else could step up.

Do you really think the AEG boys will accept this act? Time for Norv to dust off his OC resume and give up the HC ghost, and for Smitty to buy that Hawaiian retirement property.

What an utterly disgusting season.

30. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Could be 13x world chump.