1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

When Will D. Edwards Be Traded To Saints?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Saints Fan in Austin, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Allright !

We have two castration experts on the forum. Cool !!!

2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    :frightened:

• Like Like x 1
  3. vachargerfan

vachargerfan New Member

Ratings:
    +134
    Unfortunitly he will be here next season. Look on the bright side, only 1 more year of supposed "ProBowl" play from the ankle biter

• Like Like x 1
  4. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    I think he goes sometime during training camp. Maybe after another team suffers an injury.

5. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    I agree with Concudan on this one. Edwards is way better than you guys are making him sound. Urlacher gets a lot of tackles, with your guys' logic that means he sucks, nonsense. Edwards should be traded however because his value will be obsolete come the end of the season. I was also one of the only supporters of Seau's trade, and I beat the trade war-drum for Brees before the start of this past season. My motto, if there is value there take it. The Chargers are an unbelievably talented team and on the verge of a 5 year playoff run which will certainly grab a Super Bowl ring, we don't need Edwards, but we could definitely afford cashing in on his trade value. Good stuff all!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,232
    I will say this, if Edwards continues to bash the team and cause problems, send his arse packin.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Boltbaby

Boltbaby BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
    Well, I wouldn't say I'm an Expert...but I did get the job done! :icon_lol:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402

I agree....seems some players are already sick of his whining.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings:
    +108
    ....and some fans too! :icon_wink:

10. vachargerfan

vachargerfan New Member

Ratings:
    +134

The problem with Edawards is all he does is tackle people after the LOS. Someone on the UT board posted that he had 1 tackle behind the line last year. Him plugging the inside of the line should have more then 1 stop behind the line

11. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    I agree that he's not a run stopper, more of a big play stopper, but he gets the job done when someone else didn't so he's alright in my book....I'm still all for trading him, sorry Donnie!!!:no:

12. vachargerfan

vachargerfan New Member

Ratings:
    +134

I think he just has people run right at him now. There was a couple of times last season where it looked like he was avioding contact. I think it is either time to trade him, or give another person a shot at his spot.

13. Saints Fan in Austin

Saints Fan in Austin BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Okay.....tell me why? We as Saints fans were under the impression that he was loved in S.D. And, we would love if you blessed us with this information on our boards!

14. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,232
    You cant argue however that he does make the tackles. Being top five in the NFL is something you need to think hard on before sneering at and sending him off. You may indeed regret such a situation if there is a drop off and the gains by the oposition get longer before they are stopped.

15. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    1st off-He was loved by many in San Diego for a time, consider what QB's we've had to deal with in the past ten years...Flutie was embraced for God's sake and he had a win percentage of like 30% when he played for us,:icon_rofl: .

2nd-Brees had an amazing season when we went 12-4 and IMO, and many other people's opinions, he played above his ability or at the peak of his ability and was surrounded by arguably the best team in the NFL...an elite QB would of won a super bowl with this squad and he has only once taken us to the playoffs once in his career...that is my opinion.

3rd-Brees was offered a contract by the Chargers and he turned it down for big money, who could blame him? Well I could because he was always the guy that swore team 1st and that he wanted to finish his career in S.D., the truth is he was deathly afraid that he would not come back fully with his shoulder rehab and he would of had to in order to receive the big contract from the Chargers. The Saints (foolishly IMO) gave Brees' an elite QB's contract which may have been a mistake even if he was fully healthy...you'll see when he plays for you some of the negatives not advertised on SportsCenter. Weak arm, little big play ability, hasn't won a really really big game in his career...we'll see soon if the Saints were smarter than the Chargers, but I seriously seriously doubt it!

Good luck N.O., you're gonna need it...:tup:

16. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I saw one of theses in my girl friends purse should I worry................:icon_huh:

Go Bolts

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sully

Sully BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    The original Saints poster was correct...the rumor has been Donte Stallworth for Edwards and a conditional draft pick.

18. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    If it's AJ giving up the conditional pick, then no way.

AJ would want the conditional pick from the Saints + Donte in exchange for Edwards.

19. Sully

Sully BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Are you kidding??? Oh yeah, he'd want a 1st round pick & a billion dollars. Problem is what we want and what he's worth are two completely different things.

With the one major problem with all the Chargers receivers being speed, this would be the deep threat they've been lacking in Donte Stallworth. Stallworth was the 13th overall pick in the draft for a reason & at only 25 yrs of age and with his elite speed this would be a steal.

Donnie was shopped last year and no deal was likable to A.J.'s taste, but A.J. seems determined to unload Donnie Edwards this year, somehow and someway. If the Chargers are lucky enough to get someone as young and talented for the declining 33 year old and a draft pick, we should take it, running and laughing all the way.

This looks closer to A.J.'s wishful compensation for Edwards than resembling what we'll end up with in return.

20. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    No thanks.

Give up a 3rd and Donnie is all yours.

21. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    Stallworth for Edwards and 4th round pick I'd be stoked with, a conditional is totally cool with me!~

22. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,650
    Where the heck would he fit in the depth chart and who goes?
    Dwight Smith would be a better choice to be honest and a 3rd rounder; we could use another good cover safety

23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    He can compete with Raushaun Woods...may the best man win.

24. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,650
    No way he'd accept that nor would that be the best place to use him
    The point is we are stocked until at least KM decides and we figure out whether Jackson is a good player

25. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    If he can beat Rashaun Wood I am not suggesting he play as a 4th wideout.

I am suggesting if he is better talent than what we have, then Rashaun can go bye bye.

Next, if Stallworth can prove he is better than KM, Parker or VJ, then we are better off with deeper talent at WR.

KMac is running on fumes in his career. I see this as a good thing for the team with a younger Stallworth in the mix as maybe a number one in a year or two ?

26. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    whoaaaaaa there, he'd be our best WR IMO, Keenan is veeeeery close to retirement, Parker is not a #1 option and neither is Jackson so far.

I would gladly take Dwight Smith though, so I agree there.

Either would be awesome!

27. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The concept of a number one WR is too cliche.

Why not have multiple number ones ? Spead the whore around ala Bolts of old.

28. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings:
    +108
    While Donte was a top pick some years back, he's been a complete dissapointment. His head isn't always in the game, and for someone with blazing speed, he doesn't always get open. Part of it is his route running and part of it I have no idea.....guy seems to be destined as a bust. Sucks because I followed him for two years for fantasy and he'd have 0 yards one game and explode for a bunch the next. :icon_shrug:

29. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    His freaking QB's sucksass.....that might be a problem que no ?

• Like Like x 1