1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Where are all the Charger fan groups across the nation?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SD Charger Fans in Austin, Oct 16, 2011.

1. SD Charger Fans in Austin

SD Charger Fans in Austin BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    In Austin we get out and show our support for one of the greatest team in the NFL at a bar owned by another relocated San Diego soul. Our group currently has over 100 San Diego Charger Fans in Austin. We typically have 25+ fans show up to our watch parties at our local Charger bar, Weirdos.

The official watering hole for the San Diego Charger Fans in Austin is Weirdos. A family friendly environment with Charger specials, and lots of Charger fans that make for a great Sunday.

If you are ever in the Austin Area come join us!
    Where do you Bolt Up?

2. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Well I got to tell you, there are definitely a few of us who get together here in San Diego! We meet up at this place called The Murph! Seriously though, in San Diego almost every local watering hole is home to a group of rowdy Charger fans. I also know of a bar off the strip in Vegas which is owned by a transplanted Charger fan and it gets a big loyal Chargers crowd.

3. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I have been trying to find a Chargers bar in Denver, but have been unsuccessful

4. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I've never been to a Charger bar outside of San Diego. I've lived in many cities as well. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough.

5. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    I'm in the Bay Area :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. mainstayjames

mainstayjames BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    I just moved back to south Florida (Ft. Lauderdale area) and haven't been able to find any Chargers bars. Usually when I go out I'm the only one wearing a San Diego jersey and cheering the bolts on.

I was unsuccessful in finding one in Charlotte, NC, while I lived there for the last 2 years, or one up in northern Virginia the 3 years I spent up there...

Maybe one of these days I'll move back to southern California where I belong. :)

7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,423
    I doubt I'll find any Chargers bars here in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Bunch of Cowboys fans here, with some Saints fans mixed in.

I usually go to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch games. One of the waiters there is a Chargers fan and there's another Chargers fan that comes in on occasion. But we're pretty sparse in this city, lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,737
    In Las Vegas, it's Michael's Pub just off Flamingo Road. Vegas Rick is the owner, hard core Chargers fan and great friend. He even makes it down to visit us at our tailgate spot here at the Q. On my road trip to Seyattle last season, I found a Chargers bar in Frontiertown, about 2 blocks from the stadium. It is called the Fuel Bar, has a giant blue pig sitting in front of it, and the owner of the bar is a Chargers fan. Good times there, they took care of our group before the game.

9. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    I'm in Dublin..... Ireland. No 'Chargers bars' round these parts but we do have a group of EuroBolts who watch the games live via Gamepass online. We are in touch regularly and during the games by text and social media. We've set up a facebook group 'San Diego Chargers Irish fans' (you don't need to be Irish to join of course!!). I also know of a group of fans in Portland, OR. They get together in a bar called Claudias (http://www.claudiaspub.com/).

• Like Like x 2
  10. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    M4 in the parking lot

11. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    I Bolt Up at whichever hotel I am currently living in. I am currently back in Albuquerque NM for work. I watch the games online, unless it happens to be on TV (which is rare for the areas I work in). No idea if there is a Charger bar around here.

12. BlackHoleBoltMan

BlackHoleBoltMan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Me too, in the East Bay - I've heard of a chargers' bar in the City but I end up going Sunday ticket - you?

• Like Like x 1
  13. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    I have my own exclusive club with only two members in Northamptonshire and it consists of me and my dad lol

• Like Like x 2
  14. Joey

Joey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Well me and my dad are part of the Oxfordshire club. I've heard it's better than the Northamptonshire club ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Yeah guys, no Chargers pubs down in Royal Berkshire either...

16. SD Charger Fans in Austin

Ratings:
    +15
    I feel your pain. I moved to Texas in 2008 from SD, and as Charger fan I was watching the games in a back corner on the smallest TV at sports bars. That tends to happen when you are a Charger fan deep in Cowboys country. I started this group in 2010, and we had about 4 fans a game last season. We grew alot this season,averaging 30 fans aweek, and I met a bar owner who was another displaced San Diego soul. We now have good atmosphere with lost of fans, game on multiple TVs and sound.

17. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    well we are sure you represent us well!!

did you ever think about putting some pictures up of your group on this website?

18. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Can't wait to visit Michael's Pub :) I'll be in Vegas for the Chicago game and will definitely be watching the game from there!

19. SD Charger Fans in Austin

Ratings:
    +15
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    This a picture from Week 1 of this season.

20. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Now that is a F'ed up looking bunch! :laugh: I hope to join you all soon.

• Like Like x 1
  21. SD Charger Fans in Austin

Ratings:
    +15
    I too have lived in a few major cities, and never found a Charger bar. I lucked out meeting a bar owner from SD in Austin.

22. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Thanks for sharing it, it looks like a great bunch of people.

23. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    I too live in Texas, but I'm up in Denton attending school. I've found one other diehard Charger fan on Campus, and he and I go to Buffalo Wild Wings every week to watch the game.Recently we ran into one other fan who started coming to games this season.
    We also went to the preseason game against the Cowboys.

24. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Xclnt, is that pic of you in New England?.

25. Joey

Joey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    No, Seattle last season!

26. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Lived in Austin for years and had no idea about this place. Of course I had Sunday Ticket so watched games from home. My company is based in Austin ( the American part at least) and if I get back there I will have to check this place out.

27. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +943
    Out here in Boston.. Not much just alot of bandwagon Pats fans!! I know of about 5 Chargers fans but we don't get together at all..

I usually watch the games by myself or with fans among whom we are playing..

Theres a mix here in New England though, We have Cowboy fans, Bills fans, Jets and Giants fans, Steelers and Raiders fans.. theres a few others here and there as well..

28. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    Greetings from NorCal.
    Here we have the common 3 layers of fans in order of quantity (not quality).
    1. The local-team fans (Niners and Raiders)
    2. The bandwagon non-local team fans (Cowboys...since there are a lot of hicks in this area, Steelers...likely transplants from the death of the Steel industry in Pittsburgh, and Packers...Aaron Rodgers is from here Chico CA kind of surprised that the town hasn't built a statue of him yet, in downtown square.
    3. Charger fans! Consists of me...as far as I know.
    Places I go to watch Charger games: (Scotty's Boat Landing, The Graduate, The End Zone (went to school with the owner who is a Steelers fan), and when we play the Packers this season: Quackers..down the street from where Rodgers' played his high-school ball (of course his jersey is signed and framed for all to gaze and worship).Or I just stay home and catch it on a stream. Can't wait for Bills-Chargers! that one I'll be at the Q for!!:)

29. SD Charger Fans in Austin

Ratings:
    +15
    I just started the group up las year. We really just got rolling this year with solid weekly turn-outs. There was nothing when I moved here. A few chains offered to host us, but we really lucked out finding a San Diego Charger bar owner. If you make it back to Austin come join us.

30. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    Spent 12 years watching my Chargers on Sundays at a world famous Hollywood dive bar called Barney's Beanery. These days I live in the San Fransisco bay area (Mountain View). I watch the games on the internet or I go to the local pub. I still get down to SD to watch at least one game a year at the Murph.