1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Where are all the Padre fans?

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by tboltzcali, May 11, 2007.

1. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Cust just hit a thre-run walkoff HR to win the game. :abq2: :abq1:

Bradley tied it before that with a two-run two-out shot that was DEEP. :abq2:

Have a nice flight Cleveland. :lol:

• Like Like x 2
  2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Jes saw it on BBTN...nice :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    OR

Depressed = embarrassed

4. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976

With our anemic offense right now, I would accept one homerun for every error. Better yet, I would accept a hit with every error!

This offense is pathetic. I have seen High School Players play better!

5. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Yeah, well, that's jes cuz you've seen more hi skool games than any man alive, prolly!! :icon_tease:

6. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Thats prolly closer to the truth :icon_eek: :yes:

7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    We saw just yesterday how one error can change a game.

Take away one error from yesterday's game and the Padres sweep the Cardinals.

I won't deny the Padres need offensive help, but they should fix it without sacraficing even decent defense. (Which Cust would be less than decent. Think Ryan Klesko in the outfield.)

8. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    still early on

9. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107
    Padres need to trade for either Andruw or Tori...grab Ichiro and we would be set.

10. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Easier said than done.

11. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848
    good luck with that:yes: :yes:

12. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Cust didn't hit a HR last night.

Cut his ***. :icon_tease:

13. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Yeah, WTF?? :icon_shrug: :icon_eek: :icon_rofl:

14. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +107
    I think Andruw and/or Ichiro are FA next season. We might be able to rent them for this year.

15. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Leo,with the lineup the Padres had on opening day, I knew we were in trouble. So I did not get my hopes that high up.

You cant be dejected, if you dont get your hopes up.

What I do not understand is that when the Padres were trying to get Petco built, they claimed they were a small market Team and needed their own Stadium to help out, and if they got that stadium the payroll would go up.

It has been how many years now, when are we going to see that jump?

The $$$$$ the Padres are making is not showing on the field!

16. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171

They are free agents along with Torii Hunter and one other centerfielder I can't remember. The market is going to go even more insane next year. :icon_eek:

17. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Can we say thank you Yankees

18. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +107
    I agree with this. We have absolutely no offense. I think Cameron is going to be traded this year. We just dont have the run production for our pitchers. Last nite was a good example. Wells pitches his *** off and we score one run off a balk. 2 lousy hits. Again, our clutch hitting is terrible. Not sure why the dodgers are in first place but this is just another weak division year. The money that was promised if we got a new stadium hasnt surfaced to attract some key players.

19. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    At least you didn't flush the season before the pitchers and catchers reported, as our "esteemed Mod" did.

20. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +107
    Were talking about the Padres. They have mediocure talent on the field. If you can honestly be excited with this team, then there is something im missing. Our hitting is horrendous. Cameron has 42 K's thus far. Our production at catcher is non existant. The only thing holding up well is our pitching but if we dont get any run support, im looking like a genius. Unless we trade for some offense, you might be the only one left crossing your fingers just for a wild card shot. I mean, being a fan is cool and all, but how can you be excited for this team? Kouz hasnt shown much. Not sure why they dont stick with Branyan at third. It gives them a better chance. They just dont want to be wrong with the move they made. The padres are a mess and dont see anything more than 2nd or 3rd place finish. But I am planning to attend a game in the near future. Good place to drink some beers and catch some Zzzzz's.

21. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    It's called being a fan, something you can't seem to fathom...all you can do is b1tch and whine...like a little girl.

Save your $$$,,,you can whine and b1tch and drink beer at home.

22. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    No, you're looking like a bigger jerk now, than when you first started whining.

23. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Payroll did go up. It was in the 40 mil range before PetCo opened. It's around 60 mil now.

They're still a mid market team (really a small market team that can spend like a mid market team as long as attendance stays up.)

They're also putting a lot more money into their farm system and scouting...which is necessary for a small-to-mid market team.

The problem isn't in how much they're spending, the problem is (for the most part) who they're spending it on.

It's going to take a few years to get it in real line. Kevin Towers was a horrible drafter and Sandy/Fuson didn't start fixing his mess till a few years ago.

on a sidebar: This right here is part of what I was talking about in our previous debate about whether or not we should even discuss baseball.

24. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +107
    First off, being a fan, you have the RIGHT to pick apart this team. As a fan, you have the RIGHT to *****!

Your right, I can drink beer at home, but Id rather contribute more to the team to help them with sales.

Your just a sour dude. Hope to meet up with you during the upcoming charger season, we can talk more about this then and maybe I can show you how much of a lil girl i am.

25. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Bring it

26. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    And around the league, hasnt payroll gone up about the same amount on every team?

27. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848
    :yes: :yes:

28. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Yeah? so?

I hope you didn't expect them to start spending like crazy just because they have PetCo now.

The point is, they're spending the amount of money (roughly) they need to spend, they just need to spend it on better players.

I won't argue that they could probably spend a little more because I haven't seen their books and I don't know exactly how much they really can afford to spend, but I know the size of market San Diego is in regards to sports, and I know that the vast majority of their income comes from TV deals and not fans going to the stadium, so I know that the amount that they could possibly afford to raise payroll isn't anything significant that would prevent some fans from saying "I thought we were supposed to be able to spend more money after gettin PetCo?"

29. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +107
    KT said they do have money to pick up some players but I dont see it. Kouz may be the answer, but not this year. Id rather rent a player if thats going to bring us a trophy.

30. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +107
    I got the first case of beer...any thing in particular?