1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Where does Cromartie land, and what will we get for him?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by scratchnz, Jan 26, 2010.

1. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    Alot of people (of which I am one of them) is hoping the Cromartie will be traded.

Which teams will be in for him and what do you think (picks and players) we could we get in return that would be good value to the Chargers?

2. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    Trade him to Detroit for who fing cares. He is a soft player who refuses to hit and or tackle. Good riddance to his a**.

3. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Anything we get is better than him!!!!!:yes:

4. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Package him with our #28 pick and move up several spaces in the first round of the draft to pick up a solid D or O lineman.

5. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I would be thrilled with a high 2nd round pick for him. But I can't say I'd be unhappy with any deal which meant I wouldn't have to see him in bolts next year.

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    get a third and ship him to buffalo or someplace nice

7. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Id say we would be lucky to get a 3rd for that *****, but teams usually are willing to overpay for a "good" fast CB, i mean deangello hall got the redskins a HIGH 2nd rounder (raiders pick, so it was basically a 1st rounder). If Hall is worth a 2nd, i guess Cromartie should be able to get us a similar pick. I think we will end up getting a 3rd for him, but am hoping AJ can find a way to get more

8. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    While it wouldnt be my first choice, but i could see a Cromartie for Marshawn Lynch happen if buffalo was actually interested in him

9. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    I would think a high 3rd or low 2nd would be about right.

The guy is an NFL starter, and has freakish measurables. (Despite his fear of contact)

I wouldn't trade him for less than that.

10. cool arrow

cool arrow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    At this point, I would trade him for a roll of duck tape. quack, quack.

:lol:

11. Trent Edwards

Trent Edwards BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7

The last thing we need is another corner.

12. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    sorry, I really don't know (and don't care) about the bills, I meant is as a punishment since Buffalo was such lovely weather :icon_tease:

13. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Really? I was thinkin' we'd be lucky to trade him for a ham sandwich and a half a bottle of beer. :icon_shrug:

14. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    actually, considering that hes a pro bowl alternate... hes still regarded as one of the top defensive backs in the league to many people so we might be able to get rid of him for something pretty good.

15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I imagine someone will want him for his ball hawking ability even if he can't tackle. We might not get more then a third rounder (though I have hopes maybe we get a second) but that's still not 'a ham sandwich and beer'. He's got talent and ability still and some team might want a flyer on that

16. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    trade him and lights out for a top 1st round spot and pick cj spiller!

17. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    Spiller is amazing, and i would love to have him in SD, but he doesnt fit norvs offense

18. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    Man i really wish Lynch wasnt such a headcase, cause i think lynch would be a very good fit for this offense because of how hard he runs and his ability to catch the ball

19. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    im a fan of lunch. well, im a fan of lunch too but lynch is also very good

20. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    That's what happened to JJ, when we sent him to the black hole that was Green Bay at that time. He all but disappeared. Cromartie and Phillips might be packed to Detroit or Buffalo for a very nice pick and another, lower one.

21. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    I for one would NOT like to see us trade Cromartie. Regardless of his lack of tackling he is a good CB in the NFL. I personally think Antoine Cason has shown me nothing when he is in, to think he is anything better than Cromartie, and there are just to many other things we need in the draft to have to worry about taking a DB.

• Like Like x 1
  22. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    IF cro won't tackle he's a detrement to the defense. Every player has to own his space and not allow the opposing teams offense to progress through their space. If cro can't or wont' tackle he's a detrement to the defense.

Cro's got alot of speed and can cover. Hopefully some team will need that and give us something somewhat good for him. Maybe even a trade of players. One good thing is teams do need good cover cb's. Which is about all that cro can do. So maybe some team will bite.:yes:

23. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Vince Young and David Gerard were also Pro Bowl Alternates, I'm not sure if that is the best gauge to value

24. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Why is it that anyone good these days seems to be a head case.... VJ, Legarrette blount, brandom marshall, Cromartie etc...