1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Where does LTsign?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by wrbanwal, Feb 22, 2010.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Houston - Only the Bolts & Colts had worse running attacks

NE - Because they like signing our guys

and my wild card

Minny - Brett, AP, and LT. Why not

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,415
  3. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    Pittsburgh or Minnesota or New England.

Sad day for us Charger fans.

4. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Pitt is unloading F. Willie Parker so that is an interesting thought. Also NO may part ways with R. Bush. Maybe a Drew and LT reunion?

5. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I know Drew wanted him last year - wouldn't be surprised if ended up there, Houston or any contender really... or even if he goes unsigned :icon_shrug:

This is going to be a werid offseason with all the CBA stuff I think.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Layne

Layne Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +32
    Saints

7. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Patriots: so he can "stick it to the Chargers"
    Broncos: he might figure if scrubs can run for 1200 yds there he can run for way more
    Saints: so he can reunite with his buddy
    Texans: to go back home

I think Brees can convince the saints FO to bring him in at any cost

8. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Perhaps LT goes to NO, and Bush comes home to SD...
    Hey, it could happen. Right now, anything could happen.

Pointy :icon_twisted:

9. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    I hope he ends up playing for Houston. That way our D can hold him to 1.5 yards per carry. Also would be cool to see him go up against Merriman.

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I'm having to guess the texans. Just cause his real home is in texas. And the texans need a rb. And ladanians whole thing now is to just pad his stats.

Or new orleans to be with drew. But he won't get the carries there he'd get if joined the texans.

11. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    New Orleans would make sense if they shed Bush. He is capable of the same plays and is a hell of a lot more consistent and Drew likes him. I'd like to see him back home in Texas, though.

12. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    LT better not sign with Oakland or New England. Anyone else is fine.

13. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get picked up until mid season. Sad thing is that he'll end up playing the same way somewhere else with less pay and a smaller role. He should have just offered to take a pay cut and lesser role to remain here where he has his best chance to win a championship.

14. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    From a management POV, it's probably best he moved on....huge salary.

Patriots have a good record of remaking older Charger players, and he gets all the playing time he wants...a Super Bowl potential team with a fine coach and a great QB. Salary might not be what he wants, but playing time would be there.

I just heard the news he had been released...not really unexpected, but a surprise nevertheles.

15. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    Saints, Cowgirls or Texans.

16. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Please for the love of science not New England!

17. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    he can play withh seau...:icon_rofl:

how old is junior now? Like 50?

18. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Report: Texans not interested in L.T.

Report: Texans not interested in L.T.

Posted by Mike Florio on February 23, 2010 7:00 AM ET
    With plenty of initial speculation regarding the future of running back LaDainian Tomlinson focusing on the team in his home state that doesn't already have three high-end tailbacks, John McClain of the Houston Chronicle explains that the Texans won't want L.T.

Though McClain never says that the Texans have made a specific decision as to Tomlinson, it should be a foregone conclusion based on McClain's broad statements regarding the team's intentions.

He says that, while the Texans need a running back, "they want young and hungry, not a back looking for one last contract."

McClain also points out that owner Bob McNair recently said the Texans look at free agents "who are on their way up." (It might be a lesson they learned after signing Ahman Green a few years ago.)

So McClain predicts that the Texans will be looking to the draft for a running back, with a possible plan of picking one in round two.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/23/report-texans-not-interested-in-lt/

19. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    New Orleans. They are the 2 things that LT is looking for, a SB contender and a team that can run the ball effectively. Add in that he could play with his best friend and that they will need a RB since Reggie Bush will get released since he is scheduled to make $8-9 mil plus Pierre Thomas cannot stay healthy.

I think it is either NO, NE, or Indi (Long shot)

He is not going to Houston as he ha said he will only go to a competitor, and he won't go to Dallas since they have 3 quality RB's already and LT wouldn't get the opportunities that he is looking for

20. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    Reggie isn't going anywhere...

Mike Bell is a different thing. If LT is willing to take Vet Minimum, count the Saints at the top of the list.

We like Charger (AJ) rejects :yes:

21. BrecksOnlyBoltzFan

BrecksOnlyBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    I know its a shot in the dark. I can see him signing with the Redskins

22. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    That is an intriguing thought. We all know how big of an ego Mike Shanahan has. He always took pride in taking any RB and making them successful in his system. I bet he is drooling to try it with an "over the hill" RB.

23. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Reggie is scheduled to make $8mil next year. The only way he stays is if he re-negotiates for less. I don't think there is any way NO pays him $8mil next year

24. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Why would he go to a team that has no shot at winning a SB when that is what he said his #1 goal is? He wants to go somewhere that he can be productive AND have a shot at a ring. That eliminates Washington, Houston, Denver, and about 25-28 other teams.

I think his list will be very short, NO, NE, Indi (long shot), Philly, GB, and Pitt (I may have missed one, and a couple of those are long shots)

25. Boltzlover

Boltzlover BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    The Raiders? :lol: I hope he retires, but I guess he will want to try another year. :icon_shrug:

26. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    Reggie isn't going anywhere...

27. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    We will see. He better be willing to take a pay cut because there is no way they will pay him $8mil to be a guy who carries the ball 5 times a game (That is what he averaged last year, 70 carries/14 games played).

Reggie is in the same boat as Sproles. There is no way the Chargers will resign him making $7.2 mil, and there is no way the Saints retain Bush at $8mil (and $11.8 in 2011)

28. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    I haven't watched enough chargers since i am in india and its hard enough trying to follow the saints. so can't comment on sproles...

Reggie Bush @ NO:

1.The opposing defense focuses on Reggie and that creates other match up problems. If one just looks at the stats (I don't blame you if u dont follow the saints carefully) then Reggie's true impact on the game can never be fully appreciated.
    2. Also, Reggie was being saved by Payton for the later games as he was dinged up and recovering from last year (injuries are the biggest concern with Reg)
    3. He is a great receiver and one has to look at those stats too and PR/KR.

While $8m is too much. I don't think Reggie is going to go anywhere. Just too important for the Saints. I hope Jammal Brown (UFA) is signed up to a long term contract too.

Mike Bell could leave/be cut and LT would definitely be on...
    http://twitter.com/drewbrees :tup:

29. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Does LT go for the chance at a ring or the paycheck

:icon_shrug:

I say he grabs the cash

30. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Paycheck will have ZERO to do with where he goes. Opportunity and shot at a ring will be the only thing that matter. Just listen to all the radio interviews he has done. Money was only what he used to get out of San Diego. He wasn't happy here. He was tired of running it up the middle 10-15 times a game into an offensive line that couldn't open a hole if the SB depended on it. JUst because he wouldn't take less money here, doesn't mean he won't take less money somewhere else. If you weren't happy with your job, and had a choice of taking less money in your current job that you hate, or take the same money somewhere that you will be happy, you would go somewhere that makes you happy as well. That is all he is doing

• Like Like x 1