1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Where is trumpet man?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MountainDew, Sep 29, 2009.

1. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I bought some,today. I finally had it in the can! :icon_tease:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Damn - I thought what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!?!? :icon_tease:

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,351
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I talked to Trumpy about a week ago. He's doing fine, just busy, that's all. I'm sure he'll be around when the mood strikes him.

5. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    It does. But, I'm in San Diego. :yes:

6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    nothing happens in San Diego

• Like Like x 1
  7. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    the dude abides

• Like Like x 1
  8. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

This should get him in the mood...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
  10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    That was the winning picture !!!!!:icon_toast: :abq2:

Contrary to popular rumor of death, disease and financial abyss, kung foo fighting with the establishment and anything else you whack jobs can think of .... I am alive...

Bottom line: When the Chargers come clean and let the fans know whether they are staying or going, they are not going to get one more dime from this fans wallet.

For the first time in over 40 years, I watched the Home Opener - at HOME....and I had no problems doing it in my Rivers jersey running buttass naked throughout the house. :lol: There are a growing number of fans who are in the same boat and rightfully so (ok maybe not the naked part).

So consider this a stand. :flag:

I am not going to be one of those Cleveland Browns fans hanging around paying full boat for season tickets only to see this team give us the finger as the moving vans are tapping the horizon.

It appears the Chargers are doing the bare minimum to field a competitive team and bide their time as their exit clause dwindles exponentially.

A Joint Powers Authority needs to be established and which was also formed to get the Murph built, to get this stadium done.

Forget all the smoke and mirrors you are seeing. It is all bullsh ... well you get the picture and if not, may whatever diety you worship have mercy on your ignant soul.

So that is the story straight from the bowels of my mind....

Now for predictions and you ain't gonna like it. This team will go 7-9 .... go to the playoffs and exit real quick like.

The 3-4 defense will not work without a dominant nose tackle and as I had been saying for years - BEEF. Now we can not stop the run or run the ball and it will not get much better until a few more drafts. Any fan who is honest knows we need at a bare minimum two defensive tackles and two offensive linemen (Right Tackle and Center - add Right Guard if Vasquez is a china doll) and then we can be realistic about a run for the hardware.

So this too pisses me off and then cutting into the tailgaters times ???? ..... we will get our Chargers fix one way or another. Bank it.

Oh and don't pester me about not posting. I am busy. Real busy - the kind of busy that does not afford a lot of forum caca or the drama you all enjoy and mostly thrive on. :lol:

EatMyBoltage - I hope you saw the text I sent about the lease signed for the Oceanside airport for the next 50 years. This deal which EXPANDS the airport was inked last Nov. 2008 = no stadium to be built in the valley adjacent the O'side airport BUT Goat Hill in O'side does have promise. Forget about shutting down the airport in O'side because it is a regional asset to the city for the future as we discussed the other night. The Chargers or any entity for that matter will not tangle with the F.A.A. which governs the airspace around the airport is another major monkey wrench here.

OK kiddies I am off to do my thang and oh ... before I forget - BOLTS4LIFE is being vindicated by his Uncle Norv predictions. :icon_rofl:

Keep the faith !!!

Peace out :bolt:

11. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    :icon_eek: :eek: :icon_eek: Do My eyes deceive me the Legendary Trumpet Man has graced us with his presence.

Welcome back Trumpy!!!!!

Hopefully you will grace us with more incite on your comings and goings.

Have fun running butt a$$ Naked in your home during Game time. LOL!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I must admit that I was not sure how I would handle this season and it was not all that hard. :icon_toast:

I just got Verizon FIOS (fiber optic) installed which has the NFL Red Zone Channel for $49.00 for the season. I dropped Directv and the NFL Ticket for FIOS and the Red Zone channel. I found myself watching the Red Zone Channel on Directv on game days because it is that good. The Red Zone channel cuts over to any NFL game that is about to score. They even have split screen which is even better for mutiple games about to score.

The internet speeds I am getting now is sick. I am getting 26 megs down and 21 megs upload. The fiber optic is rock solid. The HD TV over fiber optic is better than Directv's HD signal. If you have any opportunity to get fiber optic - do it. You will not regret it. The DVR sucks a$$ for recording space but an HD Tivo can be substituted.

Later

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I handled your drunk duties at the HO 'gater. Sorry that we didn't get to party.

Rock on, you horn-blowing biotch. :icon_banana:

14. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,610
  15. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Trumpie, you sure it's not because your boy Hart lost his starting job to Gregory?

• Like Like x 1
  16. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

wow, I never knew that's how the marketing world worked.

17. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Damn, I wouldn't let such things out in a public forum. :icon_eek: :icon_tease:

18. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    That's a fantastic Freudian slip.

T man's insight will incite a fuggin' riot. :lol:

19. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    You caught my purposely placed verbage :lol: :icon_rofl: :lol:.

I sometimes have my moments of creativity. :lol:

We love Trumpy's inciting of his insights. :tup:

20. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Nope.

When the front 7 plays to form, the secondary will shine again. I do want to see more of Ellison. Hart needs a monster year otherwise ....... :icon_eek:

There was a great show a couple of weeks ago on the 1090 with Vencie Glenn busting down the Chargers defense. Something he pointed out was that the corners were not providing enough run support and our safeties should not be leading the team in tackles. This all points to the front 7. When the front 7 did their jobs, the secondary was setting records with the same basic personnel. Fans are too quick to judge. The same crap was said about Jammer and look what happened. For one of the first times in a long time, the Chargers are set in the secondary. The D-line is a mess and there is no depth to speak of ...... Merriman has become the teams biggest narccissist and a distraction. It is not pretty and will not get better for a while. That is the way I see it.

21. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +375
    If the end result is just a little chunk of sarcasm, then I do not mind to reserve comment.

22. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

fair enough, but come on, it was pretty funny. no???

:tup:

23. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +375
    Who cares? I'll spare you all the structure of comedy takes. Suffice it to say to write a play on words like "in the can" is pretty simple. I also recognize that that form of humor will have a grand following in an internet forum, because the nature of the engagement here will have people writing that kind of stuff all the time. Humans like to see a bit (or a lot) of themselves in media, culture and politics.

Even simpler than that is to write comedy where the punch line is taken at somebody else's expense... (or pain per say). There is something basically funny about other people suffering. ie: Wilma hits Fred over the head with a frying pan... (Jackass).

Bottom line... I am not interested in wise cracking insults back and forth with any of you in here. B4L has that genre more than adequately covered and does not need any help from me.

24. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Shall we just can this discussion? :icon_tease:

25. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

can you at least agree that maybe AB was targeting that audience from the beginning?

ahh, fug it. I'm done with this topic. I thought it was funny, you didn't.

GO BOLTS :bolt:

26. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :yes::yes::yes:

27. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +375
    Not financially viable... but I did already express that opinion.

28. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +375
    I thought you said you were more into bottles.

29. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    your prose sound a lot like a former post who shall remain anonymous

:icon_huh:

:icon_eek:

:icon_shrug:

:lol:

30. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +375
    Shamrock was at least a worthy adversary.