1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Which Charger Player Will Really Shine This Season?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    I couldn't help but think about who might have a stellar year this season, and maybe predict who it could be. Who do you think will be our MVP or who is going to be the most improved Bolts player this season? Just curious. Pick a player, or pick a couple of them.

Pointy

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Liuget, Flowers, and Allen. I think these will be our three most productive players excluding Philip Rivers of course who imo could put up 40+ Td's this year.

3. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
  4. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    Mathews- it's a contract year for him.
    Teo- he's had a year to learn the system.

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    Liuget - At times he's the best player on the field. He flashed it in 2012, now it's time for him to stay healthy.

Ingram - I think people are going to be surprised, I liked what I saw in the pre-season even if he was unable to bring Wilson and Kaep down, he consistently flushed the pocket. Getting QBs on the move will be the key to our secondary not getting picked apart.

Mathews - By week 4 it will be clear once again why you don't want Donald Brown carrying the load next year, and it's more to do with Mathews than with Brown.

Green - A better blocker than Gates, and a most importantly he might be the best deep threat we have. Teams will be working us short-mid range all year expecting Allen, Gates, Woodhead, Royal to be the primary targets (and indeed sometimes I think they're a crutch) I expect Green to get a TON of 1 on 1 coverage.

6. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,026
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say Kedall Reyes?! Did I win anything?

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Charlie_Hustle

Charlie_Hustle BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +48
    RM24

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    Tough question. PR is the first and most obvious choice. If he picks up his game, Teo should have quite an impact and might be regarded as the most improved player. Same with Ladarius on the other side of the ball.

10. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Melvin Ingram, for 2 reasons:

1. Correlation may not be causation, but when he returned from injury last season, he was making plays in the backfield and the entire defensive unit hit its stride.

2. Fans tend to notice improvement more than anything else, and what the team has lacked over the past several seasons is an outside pass rush. Ingram can supply this better than Freeney or Attaochu at their respective career stages.

Shining to me is making a noticeable impact on the game that is not a foregone expectation. For example, we expect Rivers to be a beast. KA13 is supposed to be our top receiver--he would need to have a Megatron year to really blow us away. Players like T'eo and Reyes have not shown me too much to expect them to have huge improvement over 2013; Ingram has been bitten by the injury bug and has flashed ability for quite some time.

This award can go to Attaochu if he plays at a high level as a rookie, ditto Verrett.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Bigkdb

Bigkdb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +74
    Melvin Ingram and Keenan Allen...LD too

12. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Freeney

13. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I'll settle for overall growth where guys are maturing into their believed potential in order for this machine to run smoothly. Te'O is definitely the guy I'd pick to step up, even a dim glow would help me to feel better about his play. Some guy's are going to step up and shine, Ingram would be fun to watch if he gets it rolling this season, Butler is another guy that really has to show something more than just flashes in between injury. This list can just keep growing and if the player's follow suit should make for a great year.