1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Which Mayoral Candidate Gives the Best Chance for a New Stadium?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Skuzzlebutt, May 31, 2012.

1. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    So I'm trying to prepare myself for voting next week and have no idea which mayoral candidate I support. I believe San Diego needs significant pension reform, infrastructure improvement and financial help. I also believe the difference between the candidates on these topics is not huge. There are differences, sure, and I'll continue to probe them before making a decision. However, the one item which this mayor will have the greatest impact on my day-to-day life is their stance on a new stadium.

None of them are saying they are going to roll over for the team and ensure it happens, nor should they in my opinion. However, I do want someone who knows this is a priority for the city and will work for a fair solution. Someone who knows the value, both financial and civic pride, of having an entity like the Chargers in San Diego.

So my question to you: Based on what you have seen/heard/experienced, which candidate for San Diego mayor gives the city the best chance to keep the Chargers?

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Carpe Diem et omni Mundio Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +3,055
    Based on what you are looking for I think Demaio is the candidate that best meets your need.

I don't think anyone has just gone out and said they'll build a stadium, each has a nuianced opinion

3. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    You are a citizen, they are candidates. Call their campaign office and ask a staffer.

4. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    ...and get a lie...

5. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Depends on how you frame your question. If you say that you're a voter concerned with consequences pertaining to the stadium issue, and that you want to know what the candidates stance is on building a football stadium in San Diego, you're a lot more likely to get an honest, well-framed answer than if you say that you're a Charger fan and want to know whether the candidate supports building a stadium.

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Ran across this piece today. Not much regarding the stadium but outlines other positions.

• Informative Informative x 1