1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Which Mayoral Candidate Gives the Best Chance for a New Stadium?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Skuzzlebutt, May 31, 2012.

1. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    So I'm trying to prepare myself for voting next week and have no idea which mayoral candidate I support. I believe San Diego needs significant pension reform, infrastructure improvement and financial help. I also believe the difference between the candidates on these topics is not huge. There are differences, sure, and I'll continue to probe them before making a decision. However, the one item which this mayor will have the greatest impact on my day-to-day life is their stance on a new stadium.

None of them are saying they are going to roll over for the team and ensure it happens, nor should they in my opinion. However, I do want someone who knows this is a priority for the city and will work for a fair solution. Someone who knows the value, both financial and civic pride, of having an entity like the Chargers in San Diego.

So my question to you: Based on what you have seen/heard/experienced, which candidate for San Diego mayor gives the city the best chance to keep the Chargers?

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Based on what you are looking for I think Demaio is the candidate that best meets your need.

I don't think anyone has just gone out and said they'll build a stadium, each has a nuianced opinion

3. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    You are a citizen, they are candidates. Call their campaign office and ask a staffer.

4. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    ...and get a lie...

5. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Depends on how you frame your question. If you say that you're a voter concerned with consequences pertaining to the stadium issue, and that you want to know what the candidates stance is on building a football stadium in San Diego, you're a lot more likely to get an honest, well-framed answer than if you say that you're a Charger fan and want to know whether the candidate supports building a stadium.

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Ran across this piece today. Not much regarding the stadium but outlines other positions.

• Informative Informative x 1