1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Which NFC team will meet the Bolts in Super Bowl XLIV?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Workplay, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    The teams are set now; Saints, Vikings, Eagles, Cowboys, Cards, and Packers.

So assuming that the Chargers will beat the Colts, which NFC team will come out of that cluttered group?

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
  3. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    whoever the phuck they are, they're irrelevant. the way we're playing it doesn't matter, if we stay focused, it won't matter.

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    My bet...is Green Bay.

I've had GB and SD in the Super Bowl since July. I think they're under the radar, their offense has just as many weapons as New Orleans and Minnessota, but their defense is also better than both. All their success revolves around one major weakness though, the O-line, which has steadily improved as the season has gone on.

5. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Don't count out Arizona.

They're my next bet if New Orleans chokes.

6. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    I'd like to see Arizona lose four straight Super Bowls :icon_rofl:

7. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    I'm going with the Saints. I think Brees and company are great. They can beat any team on the list.

8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I think the Chargers have to get there first. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. There is football to be played yet...

• Like Like x 1
  9. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Plus 1, burn that bridge when we get there, not the right time for this thread.

10. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    The Chargers aren't going to be distracted because some fans discuss on the internet who's going to win the NFC.

I'd be pissed if I heard the players and/or coaches asking "who are we going to face in the Super Bowl?!" but we're just fans.

As much as we like to think otherwise, we have no bearing on the outcome of games with our internet discussions. (We have an effect with crowd noise, of course. :thumbup: )

What if we changed the thread title to "Who do you think will win the NFC?" to satisfy all the superstitious folk?

11. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I don't know who will make it out of the NFC. But I am predicted that neither Minny nor NO makes it. I think it's going to be a team nobody expects like the Eagles or Cowboys or some ****....

12. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings:
    +24
    and assume that the Colts go into the AFC championship as well

13. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    That would be more appropriate. And superstition is not the reason this thread and its origin date are stupid.

14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Then what is?

Are fans looking ahead going to cause the Chargers to lose?

If not (and it won't) then what's the problem?

As long as the fans bring the crowd noise in home games it doesn't matter what we say or do on the internet in all reality.

The only reason fans care about other fans "looking ahead" is because of the mindset we like to garner that we're part of the team and we all know that we don't want the players looking ahead.

But step back into reality for a second. We're not on the team. Us looking ahead isn't going to harm anything.

15. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I'm not sold on the Colts. I think they have been let off the hook several times this year and they are not as dominating as 14-1 would suggest. I think they are ripe to be beaten at home, and if we take care of our business the AFC Championship game could be played in San Diego.

16. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Yes.

Buck Blincoe or Beer Guy will share these posts with the Patriots front office. Then the Patriots will drum up a whole shitload of "nobody respects us" and "us against the world" stuff like they do with every perceived slight ever (see Brady's tirade over Marty's benign comments a few years ago).

• Like Like x 1
  17. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    Plus 2

18. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Plus 3.

I thought we were being quite respectful this year especially inside Charger Park. I know for a fact the 'next game is the only one that matters' mentality exists there, it did not before this year.

We take care of our business it does not matter who makes it into the Superbowl from the NFC. We can start worrying about them late January. Seriously.

You can however pontificate all you want about the NFC and dream all you want about the Chargers winning it all (we all are guilty of that no doubt) but flying under the radar is serving us great this year. Rivers is having at least a good a year as Peyton and yet was not being talked about as MVP until about 2 weeks ago. Doesn't matter, the guy is a V well paid Charger for years, he has already got all the respect he deserves in $ terms. I would imagine all he cares about it the ring too. What good is MVP when u have as good a chance as he does this year?.

:tup:

19. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Right.

This is the exact mindset the team needs to have.

A fan having a different mindset and looking ahead to the Super Bowl doesn't make one bit of difference.

20. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    This.

21. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    So, anyways, I think the Chargers will face the Saints in the Super Bowl. :yes:

22. BoltWash

BoltWash BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Minus-1

POSITIVE VIBES BABY, BOLTS ARE HEADED TO THE SUPERBOWL.
    There is NOTHING ANYBODY CAN DO ABOUT IT

Any of those teams would be good, gonna be some great playoff matchups

23. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    I don't believe the Saints have what it takes. For me it's the Eagles or Pack.

24. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    The Packers won't get past Arizona.

I can see the Eagles in the dance.

25. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    Would you be of the same opinion if we were 8-7 right now along with 5 other teams vying for the final playoff spots?

Of course you shouldn't be! So you're ok with this thread due to our record and recent play, in reality, you're the one playing airy tale, at least until feb. That's the point. Have your fun I suppose, but superstition has nothing to do w it as I already stated.

26. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Yes I would be because even in that situation words on an internet message board made by fans who aren't playing in the game would still have no effect on the outcome of the game.

Recent play has nothing to do with it, common sense does.

Our (fans) mindset is not going to effect the play on the field of the players because we're not on the field playing.

The only reason why I don't want the players over looking their next opponent is because that could cause them to not play with the proper intensity and focus.

We're not on the field so our looking ahead has no bearing on the potential outcome.

That fact doesn't change whether we're 0-15, 8-7 and hoping for a miracle, or 15-0 going into week 17.

You still haven't answered the question.

If it's not superstition then what is it?

Explain to me how us fans (re: not the players) looking ahead is going to cause the Chargers to lose.

After you fail to find sound reasoning for that explain to me what problem is being created by fans looking ahead.

If you want to be superstitious, then fine, just admit that that's what it is because it is just that.

27. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    In the interest of sparing this thread another paragraph of you saying the same thing its stupidity.

Go find a "who are the dolphins going to play in the super bowl" thread on the phins board, or any other team trying to get in. If they are there, they are stupid too.

28. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Way to dodge the points.

I'm merely asking you to explain to me how us looking ahead is going to affect the play on the field.

If you can explain that to me then I'll by all means quit.

You won't find a thread like this on the Dolphins' board, but that has more to do with their odds of getting that far and less to do with how that thread would affect the play on the field and possible results of games.

29. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    Did I ever once say we were going to pla different or lose because of this thread? How old are you?

Regardless the answer...grow up, your posts are embarrassing me and I'm not even the one writing it.

30. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I'm merely trying to figure out why you think it's a problem for fans to look ahead to the Super Bowl.

You said it's not superstition and now you're saying it's not because it could cause them to lose...ok, so what is it?

You're the one degrading a thread starter for starting a topic discussion and I'm the one that needs to grow up? ok.

And I'm sorry sound logic embarrasses you.