1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Which NFL players are feeling pressure in '08?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Shamrock, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Which NFL players are feeling pressure in '08? - Sporting News (Florio)

I agree with having Buss, Leinart and to some extent, Alex Smith on this list.

Rodgers is following a legend, and that very rarely goes well for a QB. The Packers do have a lot of good young talent, so that will help take some pressure off Rodgers shoulders.

McNabb? He's about done. I think he's just a QB showing age, on a team that probably won't contend.

I don't think Derek Anderon is feeling pressure. He came from nowhere basically, and has already surpassed many expectations. The heat should really be on the Browns organization, for the hard decision on their future QB that needs to be made soon.

Jared Allen? Why? All he has to do is stay off the booze. He's going to have a great year, with those two big fat DT's taking up blockers and leaving him solo against some very average OT's on his schedule.

2. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    Dan, I'm shocked.... you didn't put Kassim on that list....:icon_rofl:

ps. I'd bet it bugs the **** outta you that I still use his 'tar, huh... :lol:

3. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    It wasn't my list ....

Why would Osgood be on that list? He's gonna get cut before the season. :yes:

:lol:

Oh ... the avatar doesn't bother me at all. I know you're fairly sane. It's not like you're the leader of the Taliban Wing of the Aztec Fanboy Mafia or anything .... :icon_rofl:

4. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    Derek Anderson is a spot-on call. That is my bust team for 2008.

No corners to speak of in a division with Roethlisberger and Palmer.

Kellen Winslow is unhappy and his knee is acting up again.

Love Jamal Lewis, but he's at the end of the road, typically, for an NFL power back.

Brady Quinn is the homestate hero and the fans will be calling for him if Anderson starts 2008 the way he finished 2007.

That team is built for the South or West. Like I have said in some defense of these bad weather QB's, notably Eli Manning on this board, there is a reason these guys' ratings go down after Veterans Day! Braylon Edwards is a stud, but he's pretty much useless on Lake Erie in December.

This team looks like 8-8, with a blowup by either Shaun Rogers or Winslow.

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Alex Rodgers is my pick for the "succeed or get punked by the fans" award. He's been Brett's understudy for what? 3 years now? :icon_huh:

It may not be fair, but he's gonna be looked at to step up & be da man.

6. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Seems to me, Rivers is going to be under a lot of pressure this year. Third year starting, awesome roster and the new offense has had the kinks ironed out. Time to produce a ring. Locally, LT is gonna feel some pressure, if some of the comments from around here are any indication. So will Eric Parker.