1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Which NFL teams are for sale?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdbound, Jun 25, 2009.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    I was reading this piece on Farve and the Vikings;

Favre Signing Says Vikings Are For Sale

Who besides the Rams, Dolphins, and Vikings are for sale?

Jaguars maybe? Bills?

It sure would be nice to add a couple of teams to L.A. while leaving the Bay area teams where they are, and the Chargers staying in SD.

Who else?

• Like Like x 2
  2. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    I have kind of a warped feeling about naming right. I know what's been done is done, but moving forward I think the names of the teams should stay in the city. If a franchise moves to a new market, it should change there name. If another franchise starts up or moves into a city that once had a franchise than it should take the old name. It's stupid that we have the Houston Texans... especially since the Oilers aren't even being used. And what was once the Oilers are now called the Titans (another stupid name). Same goes for Baltimore...

So if they bring a team to LA from Buffalo or where ever they should rename it, or bring back a formerly LA team. That way some day if the Buffalo market is ever back they can bring back the buffalo bills.

OF course, I'd be happy to see the Rams return to LA.

but I am sure I am a lone on this.

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I'd like to see that, as long as the Chargers also remain in San Diego.
    Though it would make me also question this about a new stadium... if building a new stadium only secures a team for 15 years, it's not worth it.

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Who the hell is this guy? Detroit is the laughing stock. :icon_huh:

and how can he throw out a statement like "seven teams are looking to sell" without any sources?

Forbes??? Gimmie a break

:tdown:

but the blog responses are kinda funny

:bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Yeah but the Lions will be in in Detroit for a long time.
    Though I don't think the Vikings needed to sign Farv to get some credibility.

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    But what about the Chargers? if they move to LA :no: could they claim the Chargers name since there was a franchise named the LA Chargers? or would they have to give up the name? :icon_shrug:

7. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    Dolphins are not for sale. Gloria Estefan just bought a minority interest in the team. The team was just bought back in Jan by Stephen Ross from Wayne Huizenga.

The Rams are for sale and are a perfect fit to move back to LA and play in the new stadium that Roski wants to build. NFC West.

Vikings could be a possible LA move, but that would be an odd conf location. If St Louis wants a team badly enough, they could have the Vikings if no one in Minny want to buy them.

Jags I have heard of being on the block, but not the Bills.

I wonder how many owners lost their asses on wall street.

8. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    Actually, the Baltimore Ravens name and colors are all derived from Edgar Allen Poe's poem, "The Raven". Even the color purple is taken from a line in the poem that mentions "purple curtains". And, their three Raven mascots are called, "Edgar", "Allen" and "Poe". And finally, Edgar Allen Poe lived in Baltimore for a while. So, they really hit a homer with their name and how it ties to the city and to the famous poem.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    YELLING!!!