1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Which Rookie has the best chance to Start for the Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    OUt of all of our picks, and EDFA's who in your opinion has the best chance to start? Offense, Defence, Special Teams, it matters not.

Is it
    Cragi Davis? First round draft choiuce, WR out of LSU:
    Eric Weddle, Second round choice, SS out of the U of U:
    Anthony Waters, 3rd round choice, LB out of Clemson?
    Scott Chandler, 4th round choice, TE out of Iowa
    Legedu Naanee, 5th round choice, WR from Boise State
    Brandon Siller, Seventh round choice out of Florida, LB
    Or is there some sleeper amungst the ranks of the UDFA's who peaks your interest?

2. humbolt

humbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    This is going to kill me, but I agree. Because Weddle was drafted to replace the weakest starter on defense last year, Kiel. Because Weddle was drafted for his ball-hawking skills, which our secondary lacks. If he can start or even get some significant playing time early in the season and he is the player we all hope he is, Weddle can help improve the Chargers very quickly.

3. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Be nice. We are all Charger fans here, the fact that you both see the same thing in the player should be seen as a good thing.

But of course I thought this about Weddle in the first place, so do you ever come up with an original take?:icon_evil:

:lol:

4. humbolt

humbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    You don't have to worry about eldwin offending me. I confess I put him through extreme trauma last season and he will probably spend the rest of his life trying to pay me back.

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I am not worried in the least. When one sees the opportunity to pad, one must pad!:icon_rofl:

6. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    I will have to disagree with Conc and go with Weddle. I like Waters too big fella but I'm not a Wilhelm hater like you so I can't see Waters beating him out just yet.

7. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    I still think he might end up outside. :yes:

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    How is it you are disagreeing with me if your are going with Weddle?:icon_huh:

9. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    :oops:

10. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    That makes me feel better about the validity of my theory. :yes:

11. humbolt

humbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Is Legedu going to be a WR, H-back, special teamer only, or what?

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :icon_rofl:

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Applewhite I think has an excellent chance of making the roster as a special teamer, or at the very least a practice squader.

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    He is labled right now as WR/FB. They plan on giving him looks in the TE position in camp. I am not sure he can make the roster as a TE when we have Grifeth, Chandler, Manumaleuna, and Gates already.

15. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820

Yes, yes, and yes.

16. knowsthebolt

knowsthebolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    Craig Davis on a technicality. The Chargers come out in a 3 wide set and Davis is one of the 3.

17. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    I like what I hear about Applewhite but he will be a project. I think he has a chance for the practice squad this year but that's it.

While I like Marques Harris' hustle and attitude I'm not thrilled about him being the first off the bench. Carlos Polk is did better than I expected last season but he should only see the field on ST's.

I think Dobbins is a stud backup at ILB and if Siler plays to his ability that give us four studs inside. We can have Polk on the roster backing up both ILB and OLB and have Waters on the outside as a primary backup, getting 10 snaps a game.

Sounds like a winner to me. :tup:

btw- I love Wilhelm too.

18. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I think this is the first year in a long long time where I can honestly say (which implies all the other times I lied) I do not expect anyone of these dudes to start at any point in the season unless a rash of injuries happen.

The WR kid has his groin ailing and I am not done seething over that pus-sy Steven Alexander or Timmy "one lung" Dwight. He better learn to nut up.

Weedle needs to learn the NFL and the 3-4 which is no cake walk so his time will be limited to **** duty.

Neenee-na-knew-na-knew ...... This freak probably has the best shot of wow'ing everybody so far because of the talent up front the others have to compete with to get their ***** in the door. Gates and Manu pucker rectums and adding another beast as a multi-duty weapon....**** howdy. :tup:

I have to see how they perform with the pads on and hitting because by just looking at them run drills, well, it does not give you enough to say "yea" or "nay" unless they really suckass.

19. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    I *KNEW* Trumpy and I would find *SOMETHING* to agree on this week (besides beer and carne asada). :lol:

The exisiting roster is simply too solid. Injury is the only way I can see any of these kids assuming a starting roll.

20. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    The only position I see that could be taken is Cooper's, by Water's. Outside chance that Weddle can make the move into the starting position left open by Kiel, and I think he'd be an improvement. All the rest are going to sit back and learn by watching some of the best there are in the league.:bolt:

21. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    Really going out on a limb there Derwin. :lol:

22. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    I really think that LT has the inside track on Turner for the starting RB position.