1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Which team do you don't want to see win?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by JohnnyX, Jan 15, 2012.

1. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Out of the four remaining

49ers, Giants, Patriots, Ravens

Who is it?

Giants for me seeing Eli get another ring would really suck big time.

2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    If the Giants beat San Fran next week, the Giants will win the Superbowl. Doesn't matter who they face. The Giants just seem to be the complete team, playing well on offense & defense.

As to who I don't want to see win...Pats, I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Oh yeah I know that as much as I dislike them I know they're a great team. No question they come out of NFC now. 9ers are way less of a opponent then the Packers. I can see them losing to the Pats or Ravesns.

4. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Hate the 49ers because of SB 29. Hate the Giants because of Eli. Hate the Pats because of 06-07. I like Ray Lewis because he is from the "U". I just don't like the Ravens as a team... Maybe it is Flacco?
    With that all being said... I feel for Alex Smith and would like to see them win it.
    I don't hate the Giants, just Eli. I like Coughlin.
    If I were betting then I would say the Pats are going to win it all.
    It would be cool to see a Ravens/49ers brothers SB though...
    So to answer your question....
    1) Pats not win
    2) Giants not win
    3) Ravens not win.... they had Trent Dilfer win a SB....
    4) I guess I am pulling for the 49ers.... maybe enough time and turnover since SB29?

• Like Like x 1
  5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I don't hate Eli anymore.:unsure:

The way I see it, Archie Manning was 100% right about this god damn franchise. We are the embodiment of mediocrity, and apparently ownership as well as a large portion of fans are perfectly fine with that.

....or possibly just too naive to realize it.

6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    I want to see a Ravens/9ers Super Bowl.

1) Harbaugh bowl would be kinda cool (even if it would get overhyped as the media likes to do)

2) It would guarantee the ability of adding another QB to my list of good-but-not-great QBs with a ring that I can use to shut up the ring counters in QB debates.

• Like Like x 2
  7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    I don't give a **** how right he was or was not, I never hope for it to be proven so. (or further proven so)

Furthermore, he may have been right that San Diego was/is a ****** franchise to go to, that doesn't make it inherently ok to manipulate the draft. So San Diego sucks for a place to go to. Suck it up and make it better.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    All my hopes rest on a Harbaugh/Harbaugh Super Bowl.

• Like Like x 2
  9. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378
    Don't have a dog in this fight, so really have no bias one way or the other, no hate for any of these teams, more disappointment in my own than anything.

Pats and Niners to fight out the SB for mine, but getting past the Gnats wont be easy and 2 tough lead in games could take the edge off them by the SB.

Pats win it all and Brady vies with Montana as the games best ever QB among the masses.

10. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    I hope they all lose.
    I think it will be the Giants vs. Patriots.
    Dufus vs. G.Q.
    G.Q. wins.
    Come on draft...

11. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Since home teams have DOMINATED so far... Im goin SF over fkin NE.

12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,378
    Pack fans might disagree with that L'il Gherkin !!! ;)

13. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    I skipped that game. Had to help a friend. BUT no surprise NY came out just as on fire as they did rolling into the postseason. THO thank god it wasnt Dallas, that would be just as hard to watch as Den and how they got to slip into the playoffs.

14. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,378
    Strangly enough, so did the Packer's ! :whistling:

• Like Like x 1
  15. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Its too bad tho I really wanted HOU to be that GreenBay team this year. Owell Gnats wont win another ring, tho they very well can get there. I am deffinatly still goin strong udog and that has to be SF not only for Alex Smith the QB nobody wanted to wait for, but they are the team *among the 4 current post season teams* with the longest SB apearance drought. SO yea GO SF!!

F! NewEngland F! NYG F! Baltimore. Not much more to say. F SF too, but damn at least they have a story to their SB crowning. Frank Gore is quickly becoming the next LT in that he is going so long for so hard to finish wout even that chance at a ring.

OOO just realized its east vs west for the NFC card. WEST SIDE BABY!!

16. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    giants no question, hell, I'll even cheer for Brady to beat them in the super bowl

• Like Like x 1
  17. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    The Patriots. A**hole fans and I've always Belicheck's team. Go 'niners. Go Ravens. Go Harbaughs! Wish you were here....

• Like Like x 2
  18. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    I want the Harbowl!!

• Like Like x 3
  19. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    I'm in 9er country and I've caught 9er fever. Don't bet against Harbaugh...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    I think Las Vegas will make the Giants and Patriots the favorites, so I'm betting against Vegas odds.

Let's see the Harbowl.

21. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    It would be hard to see Eli get a second ring, but Pats transplants here are annoying.

22. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I just want to see a competitive game, I don't care who goes now since it can't be the Bolt's. I happen to lean AFC though because of my support for the original AFL.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Don't care anymore, going to Disneyland on Super Bowl Sunday w/ my fam instead.

24. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +136
    I'm rootin for the SUPER HARBOWL!!!!!!!!

25. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Purely selfish reasons, I'm pulling for the Ravens to win it - granted, I think they may be the least likely candidate at this point though unless Ray Rice has the game of his life next week.

I can live with Flacco getting a ring because, let's face it, it's no more significant than Trent Dilfer getting one - the guy wouldn't be getting there off his great merits but rather off his defense and running game. And it would further add more ammo to the "rings don't matter as much as people want them to" argument when ranking QB's (which helps Rivers' case). Also, I get the feeling that with one more ring we might see an exodus on that Ravens team (that we're going to have to play again next year) of guys who finally got their ring (or second ring) and opt to hang them up. Ray Lewis will likely play until his body won't let him - the guy just loves the sport too much and he knows he's got an analyst position waiting for him the day he retires. Ed Reed's body is already starting to give on him so I wouldn't be shocked to see him opt for somewhat premature retirement if he gets a ring. Birk will retire if he gets a ring. Ricky Williams might well retire if he get a ring. And free agent guys like Grubbs, Redding, Zbikowski, etc. have less motivation to stick around if they've already won one. And, God-willing, the Ravens winning it might boost Pagano's resume in Deano's eyes for if/when this team of ours ultimately comes up short of the intended goal next season and we're shopping for a new HC.

If the Niners win it all, I'm fine with it - for similar reasons pertaining to Alex Smith as Flacco - and because it also makes Raider fans suffer by having to be branded the inferior team in the Bay by their media outlets. But I think having to listen to matilack's inevitable chest-thumping gives me enough motivation to hope they crash and burn this weekend in monumental fashion.

Another interesting factoid, if the Patriots do win the Super Bowl that win would notch Brady another record for most playoff wins by a QB - passing Joe Montana. If that happened at the expense of the Niners it would definitely make for interesting press. Look, I still hate all Boston including the Pats, but there are certain elements that I can at least respect based upon their ability even if I don't like the guys. I respect Brady and Belichick. So as much as it would pain me to see Boston win another championship, I could at least swallow Brady earning another ring easier than I could Eli getting another one.

26. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    What are the choices again?

27. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Can't stand Belicheat and Brady.
    Still steamed at the 49ers since they creamed us in the SB. Also not an NFC fan.
    Eli Manning is a still a pissant IMHO. 'Nuff said.
    That leaves Baltimore, whom I couldn't care less about.

Whew, talk about not having a dog in this fight........of course, all weekend I've been watching these teams pouring it on and thinking "Why the hell can't the Chargers do that? Why can't we be physically and mentally tough, even if we have to use a little assholery to win? Why aren't WE focused and disciplined enough to go all the way?"

And then I remember who our head coach is. The nice guy. The fellow all the players like, the one who never looks mean or pissed off. Yep, that guy. Somehow, the mental images of our team under his leadership don't quite jibe with the footage from the playoff games, in which tackling was aggressive, linemen protected their QBs like iron ramparts, and running backs stiff-armed defenders, batting them away like a mere annoyance on their way into the end zone. We don't do any of that, consistently or otherwise, and THAT is why we're perennial also-rans. Just sayin'.

28. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    113Div playoffs Not So Kitten Norv.jpg 113Div playoffs Not So Kitten Norv2.jpg

I dont like the guy, but he isnt all rainbows and sunshine.

• Like Like x 1
  29. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    I hope the Ravens win, have had a soft spot for them for a good few years.

30. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    49ers. I felt that Jim Harbaugh was/is the new genius HC. I don't know why we never went after him as a HC.:(