1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

WHO COMPLAINS WHEN THEIR TEAM IS ON A 10 GAME WIN STREAK???

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by 14fouts, Dec 26, 2009.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I did give credit for the great win on Friday night. All I did is pointed out ONE area that needs improvement and all the "Go Teams" and We're #1s" went ballistic!! :yes:

2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

This is all the posters on this thread who think we have nothing to fix... all dressed up and ready to support the home team!!!

[​IMG]

3. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
    I was told I could be the 'G':unsure:

Bro believe me we all want our 50 years of wandering in the football wilderness to end. I think most of us have been through enough bad seasons with this team that we're just enjoying how good this one has been:yes:

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Look. This is not baseball or basketball. You lose in these playoffs, you're season is over. So if we want a Super Bowl... we better fix this problem. We won't be facing the Titans in the playoffs.
    If pointing out that problem is complaining... that fine. Sure beats being a "Go Team" or "We're #1." Those people think we already won the Super Bowl.

Prevent is playing soft. No DC says "get out there and play soft." It's all about the play calling and giving up 10-15 yards a snap is soft.

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Yeah but we've had plenty of great seasons through out this decade. Now we need a Super Bowl.

6. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,683
    Funny.. now instead of hoping the team loses out he's bagging on fans who have faith in and support them? :lol:

The logic of the "few who really want a superbowl" never ceases to amaze!

• Like Like x 1
  7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I know it doesn't, but it's quite simple...
    If sacrificing this season was necessary for a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl... I'm all for it!!! ei: don't want a rerun of last season.
    But that didn't happen and we have a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl. Though there is an area that needs improvement. So I pointed out that area.

So easy, a caveman could understand it!!! :lol:

8. BoltWash

BoltWash BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    I am happy we have a 1st round bye, and I am happy with the way the season turned out. I am going to enjoy it, because you cant expect 12 wins every year. However, talking about what we could do better is productive in most cases. If Bolts4Life sees some things we could change, or things that would give us a better chance to win in the Playoffs, then this is the place to talk about it! I for one agree that the defense to end the half in the Titans game was too soft and it seems like it has happened a lot during the season.

9. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,683
    Fixed it for ya ;)

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Well now it's spelled out in an even easier way for all you "Go Teams" and "We're #1s" to understand.

So easy, a caveman would understand it!!!

11. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    You don't know the difference and that's ok. To get in a championship game a team must win a certain amount of qualifying games. It doesn't matter how you win them just as long as you do. To say it doesn't matter is pure BS and you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Look... a WR coach doesn't tell anyone to drop catches. A DC doesn't tell anyone to play soft. Though you're trying to convince me that they do say that.

Even prevent defense takes being aggressive but we didn't do that.

13. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,683
    Too bad that's not what you're doing. :lol:

If all you were doing was pointing out an area of concern in an effort to discuss it, that would be one thing. But you look for any excuse to complain about this team at every opportunity. Then, if anyone disagrees in any way and provides their own opinion you start throwing around the "i'm one of the few who want a superbowl" argument.

You can spin it whatever way you like and steal whatever Geico ad campaign strikes your fancy, it won't make it true ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    You don't know the difference, so I know you don't know what playing off would be either.

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Ughhhhh. This all began when I pointed out the prevent defense at the end of the first half. That IS all I was doing.

Then all the "Go Teams/We're #1s" got upset.

BTW... I didn't steal any ad. A caveman fetish started in this forum the day we hired Norv and you know this. So I am attempting to speak that language.

16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Then explain this difference between playing soft and prevent.

17. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Go Chargers! Were #1! :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  18. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    BOLTS4LIFE will complain about "The Lombardi Trophy isn't shiny enough!" when we win it all.....:icon_evil:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,683
    Read the thread - http://www.bolttalk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20950

Everyone was having a discussion about it but YOU had to make it a fight and continued to antagonize people, even those who agreed with you :lol:

Even when it was pointed out that we were rushing 7 and 8 guys (which is aggressive and not playing soft) and that Ron was mixing up plays and coverage you just ignored it.

20. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I started it and I know what I posted. This is the opening statement.

"That that was the last Titans drive in the first half. If it wasn't for those three turnovers... I'd be calling for Rivera's head!!!

Though I still say... "STOP WITH THE PREVENT CRAP NOW!!!" I don't want to see that again!!!"

Then all the "Go Teams" and "We're #1s" came in saying crap about complaining.

21. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Didn't I tell you that your too old for fortune telling? Stop spending your money of psychics.

And I'll be out celebrating with real fans when we when it all! :lol: :tup:

22. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    I know what the difference is and besides, I'm not the one coming in here trying to tell the whole site what the defense is doing wrong.

23. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Because you're making stuff up. You don't line your players up in a play soft.

24. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,860
    You know, B4L, if you didn't continuously spout off the "I'm the only one who wants a Super Bowl" nonsense just because someone disagrees with you or takes issue with your "complaints" I'd probably be agreeing with you 100% in these threads.

25. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    I'm not the one making anything up. You are the one trying to tell us all what the defense is doing wrong. There is a difference in a prevent defense and playing soft, there is also playing off. I suggest you go find out the difference.

26. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Fixed the bad spelling.

Hey, who are you calling old? I might have a t-shirt older than you man. Also, haven't you heard, "old age and trechery beats youth and skill?" :lol: Just messin with you man. You know we all want to win this Lombardi just as bad as you do. Hell, I've waited decades for it! Let's quit this useless bickering and just focus on winning that Super Bowl! :tup:

27. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Playing soft is not a format. You can play soft during a blitz. You can also play soft in a prevent.

Well I think the prevent line up stinks and I'm not the only one. It was also done soft.

28. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Then stop demonizing me for pointing out an area that needs to change.

Playing prevent defense in the last two minutes of the second half with a 3 point lead was stupid. Any disagreement?

Playing prevent defense in the last two minutes of the first half, when the opposing team gets the ball first in the second half was stupid. Any disagreement?

Seems ONLY posters in here approve of that (so called) strategy.

29. chiefsgal

chiefsgal New Member

Ratings:
    +443

yeaaaaaaaaa:icon_banana:

30. Ricky619

Ricky619 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    No wonder they pay you big bucks to be the DC.. Oh wait...

Seriously relax man... It pains me to see you ruin every thread with the "I'm a real fan" argument. I bet you're just TONS of fun to watch a game with...

It's so easy to point out mistakes when you're sitting on a couch watching.. I understand that fans have a right to complain etc, but I also understand that we aren't the ones putting on the pads.

Ok now I will go back to lurking. :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 2