1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Who could you use a BYE from?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Savage Lizard, Oct 26, 2008.

?

Who would you like a BYE from?

Poll closed Oct 30, 2008.
  1. BOLTS4LIFE

29.2%
  2. Savage Lizard

4.2%
  3. Neither

66.7%
  1. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    BOLTS4LIFE, Savage Lizard, or neither?

I'm sure people are tired of the ****, so what do you think?

I'll check the results Wednesday at midnight, and if more people would like a BYE from me, I will honor their wishes and give them a break from me until after the Charger-Chiefs game. I ask BOLTS4LIFE to step up and agree to do the same if more people would like a BYE from him.

So, what do you think?

2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I'm sick of both of you to summer's eve bags!!!

:icon_tease::icon_tease::icon_tease:

3. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I voted for the one I have on Ignore. :yes:

4. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Who are you? :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    Thanks!

I guess that means that I'm not an annoying twit.

6. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Unfortunately, the annoying twit has a point about Norv right about now. :unsure:

7. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    Well, to be fair, it's not like the rest of us were screaming "WOO HOO! We got Norv Turner!"

Most of us just realized that was who the front office picked and there wasn't **** we could do about it, so we might as well get on board and hope for the best.

B4L has pissed and moaned about it since day one. When we win, it's "the players did it despite Norv." When we lose, it's all Norv's fault and he's happy because he gets to b*tch some more.

At some point, if this all continues, Norv will probably get canned, and B4L will be thrilled that he will get to post 1000 "see, I was right" posts.

That seems to be the big difference. Most of us didn't like Norv's hiring, but we were hoping to be wrong about him.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    WOW!!!
    You got HEXEDBOLT following me everywhere and now you posting threads about me. I must have a major affect on your lives. I'll bet your family hears about me every day.

Scary!!! :icon_eek:

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Like I keep saying "Norv Sucks threads are back by popular demand."
    You are one of those posters who couldn't live without them. Because you and several others couldn't stop talking about them when they were gone. If you were glad they were gone, you wouldn't have brought them up.

The only way Norv will get fired is if we don't make the playoffs (or possibly is we lose the first round). I don't want that but if either does happen, I doubt that I will be the only one happy to see him go.
    No need to say "I told you so."

10. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    More like you're just so completely irrational with your Norv hate that it's incredibly annoying. All you ever say about anyone who doesn't 100% jump on the "It's all Norv's Fault" bandwagon is that they're Norv lovers when it's clearly not the case. I doubt you actually believe the crap you say, you just say it to irritate people which only makes you more obnoxious.

I should have done this weeks ago... /ignore

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

No. The Norvys comment is directed towards a specific group of individuals. They are the same people who wanted "Norv Sucks" threads back.

Oh... and Bye. :wave:
    Is that suppose to hurt my feelings or something? :icon_shrug:

12. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    What? No mountaindouche?:icon_shrug:

13. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
  14. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    The Chargers.

Neither of you annoy me personally. I may not agree but hey I don't have to read your posts.

15. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...B4L just speaks his mind and unfortunately most of the time he's spoken with anger, with good reason. I'm very frustrated with Norv and was when he was first hired. When I first found out he was hired I was like...WTF!!!!

You have to remember that the team Norv took over from Marty was 14-2 with two close losses. They then went into a complete brain fart against the Patsies, coaches and players alike. If they had cleared that hurdle, maybe they would have beaten the Colts at home and then the Bears in the Super Bowl. Norv got too much credit for going 11-5 in 2007 and advancing deeper in the play-offs. That 2006 team was an eyelash away from going 16-0 and should have gone right through the play-offs. It's not as if Norv had an average team and whipped them into a Super Bowl contender. Under adversity he seems lost at times. He's 14-10 so far, regular season. That shouldn't impress anyone when this team is supposed to be so talented.

16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    [​IMG] POST OF THE WEEK!!!

The bolded parts are excellent points!! :tup:

17. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    The 2006 team may have been an eyelash away from 16-0 but lets not forget we had one of the easiest schedules and LT had one of the best seasons ever and we had some crazy comebacks in that season.

Let's also not forget that just the year before we were 9-7 and were one of the biggest disappointments, "best team to not make the playoffs" bs, and lost a lot of close but winnable games.

You don't think we'd be a hell of a lot better if LT were scoring 4 TDs a game left and right?

18. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I don't think Norv is blameless. I just think to put this season's shortcomings 100% on his shoulders is illogical. He can't go out there and make the tackles or score the points. So while he definitely has a hand in it, there is a lot of blame to go around. Our offense is playing well, our Defense has gone from stellar to craptastic in 2sec flat. If our defense was playing at even an average level 3-5 wouldn't be an issue b/c we'd be +500 team. Anyway... we're 3-5 and it ****ing sucks :icon_evil: no matter who/what/where/when/why is to blame.

I'd had a few by the time I wrote my post last night :lol: drowing my sorrows and all... so I was a bit harsh in my post. I'm pissed off about this season too :mad: but I'm also tired of reading the same thing over and over and over again from someone who, from my perspective, just likes to stir the pot. :icon_shrug: from now on, I'll just scroll... and refrain from posting while under the influence :lol::lol:

19. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    Many of us felt the same way. I told my Raider fan friend that my LAST choice was Norv, and that the Chargers would hire him just to piss me off.

But B4L takes it to a whole new level. We ALL get that he doesn't like Norv. But he takes every opportunity to turn any thread into a Norv bashing thread. NOBODY in this forum has the authority to fire Norv Turner, so what he hopes to accomplish I have no idea. What he actually does accomplish is annoying the **** out of people for no good reason. He's like a fly that just keeps buzzing around your head. At the end of the day he's shared no new insights, and accomplished nothing with his buzzing.

I'm sure the dude is a nice guy in person, maybe he's cool to hang with when he's not all consumed by this bitterness. But since I don't see him in person, I can only go by what I read in here.

20. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I just want Ted Cottrell to go far away & have nothing to do with our team. :icon_sad:

You two guys can do what you want. If it gets bad enough for me to give a ****, I'll stop reading. :icon_shrug:

21. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I take bribes... Bolt bucks that is... :tup:

22. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Guess.

Rhymes with DOLT4LIFE

23. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    The "Boy Chain" continues their BOLTS4LIFE Obsession!!! :yes:

The rest of the posters could care less.

As for SL... all they can say is "who the Hell is he?" :lol:

24. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Right on cue.

Who's following who around? Hmm? :icon_rofl:

Hypocrite.

25. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Uhhhhhhhh. Who is the thread about?
    If somebody calls your name, you're going to look and see what it's about.

26. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Thread title says nothing.

You posted right after me because you are following me around. Why else did you quote me out of everyone? Hmm.

Hypocrite.

27. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Ok, I can't resist. You can't post a silly post like this and have no one vote for you. You have to get at least one vote.
    You can thank me later!:icon_tease:

28. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Look fellas neither one of you needs a bye.....This is an open forum for Charger fans, where you are free to make your own opinions about the Chargers and the rest of the NFL.

Nobody needs to take time off, if any of you are sick of hearing SL and B4L turn on the ignore feature.

You both have different opinions about how to make this team better, and why it has failed up until now. Its not uncommon for people to disagree on a forum fellas. So pick up your skirts, grab your balls and lets move on to the next game.

29. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    But when you open the thread, it is about me.

Also, I've quoted several others who have posted in this thread.
    Don't flatter yourself. Vanity is tacky.

30. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Great thread!!! :tup:

We don't need Al Gore and his douche bag wife in here trying to censor what we can say and read. The 80s are over!!!

LVBF, SL, RTL... Take this post to your next "boy chain" party.
    Freedom of Speech is a great thing. Even if you don't like it, you don't have the authority to take it.
    So deal with it!!! :flag: