1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Who do you fear the most in the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Now that we've clinched a playoff berth, what team (if any) do you think has a chance of knocking us off?

Here are the other AFC playoff hopefuls:

Division leaders
    COLTS
    RAVENS
    PATRIOTS

Wild-card teams if season ended today
    BENGALS
    JAGUARS

Still alive
    JETS
    CHIEFS
    BRONCOS

Probably out, but not yet eliminated
    STEELERS
    BILLS
    TITANS
    DOLPHINS

I don't really fear any team listed. If the Chargers bring their "A" game, I believe they can beat ANY other team in the NFL. But, you know the saying, "On any given Sunday..." If we come out flat, have a ball bounce the wrong way, get a few bad calls, anything is possible.

So do any of the teams in the AFC playoff hunt scare you at all?

I think the Bengals are getting hot. Every since we beat them, they have been ripping it up. They've been playing with a chip on their shoulder ever since we scored 42 on them in the second half. Their offense was already good, but their defense has stepped it up. Plus, I think if we met in the playoffs, they'd feel they really had something to prove after we embarassed them in the reg season.

I have seen the articles out there hyping up the Ravens, but they just don't have me convinced. Yes, they have a good defense, but they can't shut us down. We just have to many weapons. They have an "improved" offense, but they are not a scoring power house.

I don't think there is anyone else in the AFC that we shouldn't beat, unless it happens by some weird fluke. We would destroy the Colts. Maybe the Chiefs if we had to face them in KC, but that won't happen.

I still think we should win if we were to face the Bengals. I think we are the cream of the crop in the AFC, but in my opinion, the Bengals are the best of the rest and would play us hard.

2. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    NONE, we are the best team in the NFL...

but if I have to pick one - we're our own worse enemy...

• Like Like x 1
  3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I have no fear with this team now.

Only team that concerns me in the post season is New England. And only because they've been there before... and could possibly rattle some of the younger guys on this team who have not been there.

Still, there is no better team in the NFL than the Chargers. I'm convinced of that now.

NO FEAR.:bolt:

4. TheGreatWall

TheGreatWall BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Teams that have a good D and a strong running game.

Baltimore
    New England
    Jax

That said, if the Chargers are on their game, they are better than any of these teams. But on any given day...

5. Flea Soda

Flea Soda BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Chargers can stop any running game.. and can run the ball on any team.. and just as a bonus, can come back late in the game either way..

Jacksonville is like a rec league team..

6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    We have been in the past, but I think we have that swagger of a champion this year.

7. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    US

I have the fear that they will start reading how good they are, and then they get the idea all they have to do is throw their helmets out there, and the helmets will make the plays.

8. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    The whole bar was baggin on the Cowboys last nite. The owner, a good friend, is of course, Cowboy fan, and he kept tellin me ta shaddup cuzza my ****-eatin grin.

Bengalsfan piped up with, "I sure we getch'all in the playoffs!!" In spite of alla the evidence, this turd thinks the outcome will be different.

So the answer to the original question is no other team. In alluv our games, a case can be made that the Chargers have yet to play a complete game, and yet we're 11-2.

There are still untapped resources for the Chargers.

9. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Nah. That happened last year.

10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Nobody.

There is no team as balanced as the Chargers right now.

None.

We win it all.

Short of an asteroid wiping out all mankind, this is our year. :bolt:

11. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    I am actually worried about Pittsburgh slipping into the playoffs with a sweep of their last three. If that happens they will have big mo as they have a tough schedule down the stretch and have all the intangibles of being the former champs and a team that performs in the clutch.

But of those that are more likely to make it, Cinci matches up pretty well as they can take advantage the best of our achilles heel, our secondary, and their defense has some payback on their mind for their embarrassing performance last time around.

12. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I fear them all, but am confidant that the Chargers can dominate any team any time. Hell, we can spot them 21 points and only play one half and still beat any team in the nfl. LT and Burner could put up 500 yards on the colts. I just don't see any team wanting to go anywhere near the chargers and if they see us coming at them in the playoffs, they're going to crap themselves.

13. **2~FOR~1**

**2~FOR~1** BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    ...my thoughts exactly...but with our D fully loaded, Palmer won't have nearly as much time nor yards as in the first meeting...says SM, SP, LC, JW, etc...

14. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I want to see Flo catch the damn ball! We are leaving turnovers on the field. That fumble should have been recovered. Flo is getting his hands on the ball and not coming away with it. Our secondary is making big plays and being in the right spots, just not coming away with the ball.:no:

15. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    I fear Marty.

He can still scupper our hopes and dreams if he does a Baltimore special.

Hopefully those times are past and Cam is 'really' in charge.

16. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I think we are capable of beating any team if we stay on our game...no dumb mistakes. And everyone stays healthy.

17. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

I thought you were "fearless"...:icon_eek:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Only in a Turkish bath house. :icon_eek:

19. VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN

VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    You know i really would love to say none, BUT i think baltimore is a, Haunting, they dont scare me but when you play the what if game in your mind thats the game i really imagine us losing.

:deadhorse: :deadhorse:DEAD DONKIES!!! :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

20. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    I only fear ourselves. It seems that we beat ouirselves rather the Other team:helm3:

21. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    :lol:

22. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
  23. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Baltimore and New England worry me. But no team scares me , not this year!:bolt:

24. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Ravens. Their D can take some games.

We can beat them though.

25. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    the weather. Chargers would stand an alot better chance of winning it all playing the playoff games at home and not on the east coast in a foot of snow. Though they probably still could win.

26. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I fear parker88fan and his wreckless abandon when it comes to pregame drinking festivities. Jaegar bombs, shotgunning beers, dude's gonna get us all killed before the game man.

:lol:

27. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    I fear the Cincinnati Bengals, for the fact that it is very hard to beat a non-divisional foe twice in one year! Cincy has a great offense and yes we will have everyone so it wont be as high scoring but their defense is playing really well right now as well! Otherwise had we played the ball we are playing now we would have whipped Baltimore A$$, and if we didnt come out drunk in the KC we would have won that. One more thing we can not have those games like the four in a row we had where we looked as if we had hangovers in the first half, and came on late to win. Playoff teams play different, and if we do we could be in trouble!

28. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Who do I fear, no one.

Who will be a challenge in the AFC. The Ravens. Maybe the Bungles as well, however they did play one of their better games against us, and we still did come out on top. Really Chad Johnson can't do that much better and our passing defense can't do that much worst.

Although Ravens have very little offense their defense is one of the best.

San Diego has had troubles with very good defensive teams.

Ravens, KC, even the Raiders. Chargers can outscore any offense.