1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Who else is canceling their season tickets?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ride The Lightning, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I'm giving these assholes until the next payment is due (end of the month) to work something out, if not, no payment and I'll be asking for a refund. F*ck these greedy homos, all of them.

:pissed:

2. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    I already did

3. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    DId you get your money back yet? What did you have to do?

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Then you may as well cancel now. Don't expect anything until April 6th. That's when the hearing for the NFLPA's (or whatever they're calling it now) request for an injunction is heard.

5. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    No, i just never renewed them. I figured if they didnt get a deal done, i wasnt going to renew (probably never will again after this stupid ****, they've lost my money for good) , and if they did, im sure i could get my seats back, its not like its hard to get season tickets these days, and if i couldnt get my exact seats back, im sure i could still get good, similar seats. Its not like i had great seats to begin with (lodge 58)

6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    I have asked for my money back.

7. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings:
    +4
    Lodge 58 is pretty good seats :)

8. Boltzlover

Boltzlover BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    Not if they don't play games.:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I hear they're good for the Aztec games

10. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Not season tix, but DTV Sunday Ticket is likely to go bye bye for me. I think renewal deadline is May or June. So I figure they have until end of April to work it out or I'll be putting that money to something worthwhile and saying F You to the league for this year.

11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Yeah, but at Aztec games, it may as well be open seating. It's not like all the best seats are taken.

(Before I get BLASTED by SDSU alums, I went to SDSU & had season tickets to SDSU football for years)

12. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Do you like the KGB skyshow, and did you see the skyshow after a padres game?

13. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,584
    You mean aztec games? Yep. Most don't even go to the game. They come in late and then fill up the stadium just to see skyshow.

14. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Damn I remember the original sky show, they still do that????

15. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Yep. Except now it's during an Aztec game since the Padres moved to Petco.

16. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I have never been to Petco Park, although I hear it's nice. Since I moved from Dego in 99 I am sure a lot of things have changed, except maybe the traffic during rush hour.

17. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    ^^^ This

Frankly I could the extra $250 :)

18. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    It used to be that way at the Padres games when they were always in last place. But as they played better ball, the stands filled up with people wanting to watch the game and the fireworks.

19. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    yes they do.

20. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    We cancelled all of our season tix this year. Not really because of the lockout or anything, but because it had become too much of a production and nobody was really having fun anymore. Didn't help that a faider fan puked behind my parents seats...

The whole environment is no fun anymore. The parking deals suck. The workers suck. The security people suck. The players suck. The fans seem mostly clueless or the stadium is filled with opposition. Just kind of had enough after more than a decade of this stuff.

21. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205

This is disappointing information for us fans away from SoCal. I would like to think gameday would be nothing like you mentioned, but I believe you.

22. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    getting a wave started when the Chargers have the ball has got to be a one of the smartest fan moves possible.

23. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I can't disagree with exodus and SDRH8R on the intelligence levels (or lack thereof) displayed by other Chargers fans in the stand. Most of them make me wanna rage. I am fortunate to have a great group of long timers sitting around us, we all enjoy each others company. Seat location isn't the greatest (plaza 23 row 6/closed endzone for those who haven't been to the Q) but I have been afraid to change seats because no way will we get next to another group of people who are this awesome.

Also, my wife informed me the other day we won't be canceling and pretty much made me pay for them. So much for my big F*CK YOU stand. [​IMG]

24. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I can tell you that its not QUITE that bad as far as fans. While yeah there's a bunch of dumbasses there's also a lot of areas of really good fans. I've had tickets for five years sat in three different sections kinda getting a wide feel for it and its just a mixed bag. But yeah the parking price wise sucks, and the security people can be schmucks still its alot of fun to go there with good fans including bolttalk and just have a good time

25. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,584
    I'm in plaza 26 & have a great set of people around me too. Folks in front of me (5) had their seats since 1978. They live in Hemet and almost cancelled last season. With what's going on now, they just might cancel this year.

26. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I sent them some more money, today.

27. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    It’s not about the game day experience; it’s the whole freaking league. They don’t care about us little peons anymore. They more interested in corporate America and how they can please them as they have the big bucks. I enjoy going to every game, I have a great time at each and every tailgate, I will miss the camaraderie and the whole parking lot experience.

I have all ready gone through a players strike and a lockout. I don’t want to go through it again. They knew 2 years ago there was going to be a lockout, why couldn’t they get together last offseason?

28. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    Dam this thread is making me depressed. :(

Send my second payment in today.

29. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Well after getting a letter from the Chargers, I have made one more payment, I still owe $500.00, but I am not going to pay them off untill I know for sure there will be a season. Otherwise I will put them off for as long as I can.