1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Who feels sorry for Art Shell.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Sep 11, 2006.

?

Who feels sorry for Art Shell?

Poll closed Sep 19, 2006.
  1. Shell is a proud man and was completely broken tonight. I feel sorry for him.

17.2%
  2. Phuc the Raiders. No sympathy, ever!

72.4%
  3. Not another freakin' poll

10.3%
  1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Art Shell looks like a broken man!

He's doing his press conference on ESPN now and he looks completely destroyed. I actually feel sorry for him.

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851

Yeah, I saw part of it.

He looked like he was about to cry. I think he realizes how fugged up that team really is.

3. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467

It's hard for me to have simpathy for a Raider, but I do feel really bad for Art Shell. One thing he is is a proud man, and he looked shell shocked. He even said that there was nothing that he didn't see on film, but he was still in shock. I do think Shell will make the Raiders better, but he might have to do some house cleaning. Only positive the Raiders might have is some of the young players on defense did well for them.

Shell needs to **** can the entire o-line and and pick up he 5 best scrubs he can get. 5 scrubs off the street > the Raiders current o-line.

Oh well, even though I feel sorry for Shell, I'll savor this win for years. I don't know which was worse for Raider Nation, this loss, or the Super Bowl loss. Either case, they got pwned!!!

4. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851

It's definitely their OL.

I mean, our freaking rookie LT played in his first NFL game and outperformed their LT who's now entering his 3rd season.

Just plain sad. Gallery == BUST.

And our OL of late draft picks and castoffs of other teams outperformed the Raiders one.

I give props to our *NEW* OL coaches Jack Henry and Hal Hunter for that! :tup:

5. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272

If I'm Art Shell, my biggest disappointment would be how my team just laid down in the fourth quarter. The man has pride and that's not how he played. Times have changed in Oakland. Al Davis no longer has the touch and he's put together a team of puzzies and primadonnas.

6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467

And the Raider trolls were talking all week how Art Shell was going to bring back the "nasty". If Art Shell stays the course and replaces the older guys that don't buy into his system with younger hungrier players, the Raiders could be a force in a couple of years. I think Huff will be outstanding. They have some other young defenders that they can build on.

I'm just glad that right now they are in the **** hole.

7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I have a hard time feeling any sympathy for a Raider, but he was a broken man tonight. He's a proud guy and it was a little hard to see. I don't ever want to see the Raiders win, but a part of me really feels sorry for Shell because of the POS team he inherited.

8. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Sorry. I don't feel sympathy for any Raiders player, coach, owner, fan, ball boy, concession worker, etc, etc.

Beat them, and kick them while they're down. Just because they are Raiders.

9. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555

So much for the Raiders "NEW ATTITUDE"
    LOL
    I dont feel sorry, i had to endure a lot of ****in Raider fans and anlysts predicting upsets.

10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I generally agree with your sentiment, but I've never seen coach look so destroyed after a loss as Shell did. he tried to put the blame on himself. I know this is a proud man and I do feel sorry for him.

On the other hand, Shell will get this team in shape. It will take a few years, but he'll get it done unless Al Davis pulls the plug on him. I a few years the Raiders could be good again, so I guess I don't feel that sorry for him.

11. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    **** him, hes a raider and so i will NEVER feel sorry for him

12. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    I was sick of hearing about how Art Shell will turn this team around, im glad he bombed COMPLETLEY mostly because i love to see the devistaion of Raider fans!!!:icon_party: :icon_toast: :icon_banana: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

13. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    All of these Al Davis apologists and loyalists get what they deserve. Davis crapped in the face of every Turd player and fan when he moved the team to LA. And still these guys buy into his self-serving proclamations about the "Raider family." Davis only cares about Davis. He wants all the control, all the power. His coaches are just scapegoats that can be sacrificed when Grandmama's antiquated approach to the game does not work yet again.

As for the NFL, Davis' lawsuits have weakened the league and hurt the fans. The rich get richer and the meglomaniacs get more meglomaniacal.

If Art was a smart man, he would have refused Al's job offer, just like the first three candidats Al offered the job to did. But Art wanted to be an HC again very badly. He followed his own grand ambitions into the depths of hell, and now we should feel sorry for him?

No, sorry.

14. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    I was sick of hearing about how Art Shell will turn this team around, im glad he bombed COMPLETLEY mostly because i love to see the devistation on Raider fans faces. !!!:icon_party: :icon_toast: :icon_banana: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

15. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555

Dude i like this post, I dont like when people start feeling soft for other teams. We still have to play Oakland one more time this year i hope next time u guys dont start crying!!!

Get used to seeing a look like that on the other teams coaches, because its gonna be happening all year, I cant wait to see the look on Herm Edwards and Mike Shannahan. Especially Shanahan, who is so arrogant he think he can just run a thousand yards with a POS running back and win ball games.

Merriman could very well end up the defensive MVP this year with more perfomances like that!!!!

16. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Props to you Thumper

I don't feel sorry for him for a second. He had months to prepare for this. Arizona did. The only coach I feel sorry for is Mooch, but that's because he's stuck in as screwed up an organization as the faiders. But Shell should have known better. He looked dumbfounded. A couple more games like this and I'd be suprised if he doesn't walk out on them.

17. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    :bolt: I guess he really had to see it to believe it. There it is. NO LOVE! The raidur fans were talking big sh it all offseason. Now that they got their asses handed to them they will continue to talk ****, but at least they know who daddy is. Your whole worthless team sucks balls this year and now your fans realize it. It was completley worth the wait to see the looks on the faces of ish talking raidur fans when reality set it.

18. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    I feel sorry for Art Shell having flunked the 2nd grade. He has horrible game management skills because he can't count past 13 and is near close to illiterate.

19. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Ok, those are valid points.

20. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I have a tough time feeling completely sorry for Art Shell.

As pointed out, he's had months to prepare for this game.

Meanwhile, Brad Childress took a Vikings organization that was just as disarrayed, even scandal plagued two times, and guided them to a win on MNF.

In addition, Childress did it ON THE ROAD, where Shell had the benefit of being in Oakland.

21. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Yah it's true and it makes me feel bad. Everyone should have basic mathematics, reading and writing skills. I mean the thought of people who don't have a degree not even being able to work at a cash register or customer service or something is sad. Back in the day Art Shell never knew when to call timeouts and screwed up a lot of opportunities. He looked clueless on the sideline like. I wanted his little punim to turn his frown upside down :icon_shrug:

22. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    There are 5 complete b!tches amonsgt us.

You 5 should be ASHAMED of yourself. No mercy for the Raiders, EVER! Art Shell is getting paid, so STFU. He took the job, and now he's paying the price.

BUYERS REMORSE IS A B!TCH

23. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680

Word.

Art Shell had a Hall of Fame career, was the first black head coach ever in the NFL, I’m sure he has more money in the bank than I do.

He’s getting well-compensated for this gig, and when he inevitably gets fired he’ll be paid for doing nothing.

So no, I don’t feel sorry for Art Shell. I enjoyed that press conference, and hope to see 15 more just like it. :)

PS. I LOVE it when my stupid little brother’s favorite team is the laughingstock of the NFL. :tup:

24. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Agreed......I smell fuggin candyasses in the fold.......:icon_eek:

25. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I saw how the record got so lopsided against the Chargers to where we still need another DECADE of SWEEPS just to even the won/loss record between the clubs.

To me, we have a long ways to go and feeling sorry for the mother fuggers is not on my list....... :no: :icon_evil:

26. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I didn't want to say anything.....

I think me and Trumpie just called the Forum Supreme Being a candyass. :icon_eek:

:icon_rofl:

27. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851

Well... he is a bunny rabbit..... :lol:

28. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    The stories are starting to come out about local Chargers fans being harrassed and assaulted at the game so I do not feel sorry for ANYBODY that even remotely identifies themself with that organization. I wish Al Davis would take the team and get the f*ck out of here.

Even with a 27-0 prison sex *** pounding my hatred for that organization has deepened and I didn't think that was possible. I took a lot of **** from a lot of people leading up to this game and when I see them I'll just smile.

F*ck 'em.

29. Teutonic13

Teutonic13 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Why should I feel sorry for him? He looked catatonic- not beaten.

If I could get paid what he gets paid doing "the thorazine shuffle"- hell- I would be pumped! All the way to the bank baby :icon_mrgreen: