1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Who had a more BRUTAL Season than us??

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ThunderHorse17, Jan 25, 2011.

1. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Jan. 21, 2011 2:46 p.m. - The Chargers paid 110 players a total of $113,239,607.71 in 2010, according to The San Diego Union Tribune. This number does not include training camp pay, benefits or escalators that some players likely earned. Chargers RapidReports

Jan. 21, 2011 4:02 p.m. - The team has 28 free agents who made a combined total of $35,768,692 in 2010. Of them, RB Darren Sproles, who likely will not return next season, made the most at $7,283,100. However, WR Vincent Jackson, who only made $280,823 due to contract holdouts, would need a significant raise to return in 2011. Chargers RapidReports
    Tags: RB • WR

Jan. 21, 2011 4:43 p.m. - The team paid 36 players who were never active for a single game in 2010 a total of $5,423,282. Only eight of those players served time on the practice squad. Chargers RapidReports

Jan. 21, 2011 4:56 p.m. - Top paid players who did not contribute in 2010: CB Antonio Cromartie , who was traded to the Jets, earned $1,077,500. RB LaDainian Tomlinson, who was released in the offseason, earned $1,000,000. LS James Dearth (foot), who practiced for two days prior to being placed on IR, earned $710,855. Chargers RapidReports

110 PLAYERS in a single 16 game SEASON?? Holy hot dung!

SO minus the 7 mil to sproles alone we had 27 FAs make 1 mill on the year.. Not bad for value but still that is alot of FAs.

36 players got 5.5 for bench time?! Ouch we gotta be in a tight spot Cap wise CBA pending of course.

And damn the biggest hurt to our salary, LT and CRO final frickin paycheck barbs. :/

What was the last salary cap up to? 138 mil?

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I imagine Minnesota and Dallas and Houston had worse ones

3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Dallas. No question. They were never in contention and looked like they basically quit until Garrett took over.

4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    My question is, how many of those players were scrubs who only last a week or 2 because they sucked, or never even saw the field? I know injuries played a big part in that #, but so did poor player evaluation and the signing of crappy players who ended up getting cut a week or 2 after being signed, only to be replaced by another crappy player

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    munuminah... do do di doo do...

6. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    Dearth, 700k for two days practice before he got injured. Wow

7. Joey

Joey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Just what I was thinking. I'm in the wrong line of work!

Surely being a long-snapper wouldn't be too hard...

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    good work if you can get it eh?

9. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    Ouch talk about over paying. Didn't we pay for Marty during the 2007 season? Or not?

10. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    The Brutality to us was in both players injured in and out week after week, and then on top of that MILLIONS for players that ONLY practiced... Dal and Minn got nothing on us.

11. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings:
    +4
    Ours was the worst. Kept our fans believing yet never made playoffs up until 1 week to end.

12. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    That's because you kept saying you'd rescue the team with your brilliant designs... and never actually contributed anything.

Why won't you post your Madden trophy?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Somebody rep this man. I'm out.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings:
    +4
    How can I rescue our team when no-one listens to my ideas? I offered to help for FREE. I begged ppl that could know someone in the organization to at least look at my system and plays/schemes and most just laugh. Everyone just thinks I'm not serious or am not qualified yet, all i have done is dominated every top most popular strategy/tactical pro competition games online for 12 straight years at #1 in the world... All my ideas that i did risk to post about are being copied now by college teams and some NFL teams what they can grasp of them. I've gone so far as to give away much of my idea's in various forum's to try help this team. I've wasted much time responding to people who appear to want info and gave them much. All my predictions came true so far. All my idea's not 1 has failed since teams have used them and have been seen and working.

15. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    You are a tool. Go away

16. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Pa-*******-thetic

17. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    B.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My youngest when he was 6 years old could win playing Madden. Video games are for Puzzies! Get out in the real world and deal with real situations and real life drama.

Better yet stay in your bedroom and keep playing with your toys, that way those of us that do live in a real world and deal with real life will not have to worry about you reproducing!