1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Who is Jyles Tucker ?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    3 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery and 1 TD that who Jyles Tucker is... :lol:

Go Bolts !!! :abq2:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I like this guy and he's better than Harris (who I also like). :tup: :bolt:

3. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    yep we got some great LB depth thats for sure

4. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    tucker looks like he'll be our 3rd olb next year if he progresses well this offseason. He looks really good. With some training in the offseason he should be a helpful force next year.

5. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    :icon_rofl:

6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    He is not better than Harris. :no:

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Yes he is, Harris was useless today while in for Merriman. He was stood up on every play by the offensive line.

8. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,418
    Another indicator of AJ's genious.

9. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Harris got owned by the Titans once Merriman went down. I like Harris but I think Tucker is a much better pass-rusher.

10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Anyone can have one great game. Harris has been solid for a couple fo seasons now.

Plus, I'd like to see Tucker try a flip on the field. He'd probably strain his vagina.

11. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    I get the feeling Harris's celebration is the only reason your siding with him.

Also the fact that he's your adopted Charger.

12. LTisCool

LTisCool BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
    Jyles Tucker is a badass and he ate JaMarcus for his late lunch.

Ps. How do you adopt a Charger?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Do I get first dibs due to my Roman getting cut?

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Tucker will probably go against Harris in training camp next year. He's certainly a better all around pass rusher then Harris but that's not all there is to it.

15. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116
    I liked Jyles in preseason. He seems to play with a certain, abandon, that is nice. Such savagery reminds me of other great LB's. I'm looking forward to watching his progress. Siler had a solid outing as well, as usual.

16. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +504
    Matilack et al, Marques Harris was NOT playing today. As a result it would be hard for him to be useless. That's why I was asking in the game thread who was in the game when 56, 95 and 54 were pulled. I saw Dobbins and Siler on the field playing D at the same time.

Have we seen the last of Carlos Polk?, I think we have. :icon_shrug:

We are set for years at LB - Cooper (future probowler), Wilhelm, 56 and 95, Tucker, Siler, Harris and Waters.

I don't rate Dobbins at all. He will only ever be a special teams player and he has a habit of drawing flags, he might sturggle to get back on this team in 08.

17. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    Harris will be gone this offseason, he wants an opportunity to start, and he knows that opportunity ain't here. Jyles was first noticed in KC where he got a sack........we will draft an OLB who will replace Harris' spot. Tucker is a nice upgrade over Harris......Merriman spoke glowingly of him after the game, and I remember the first time Merriman talked about hanging out with Coop before he started getting PT......so if you have Lights Out Behind you, it can't be a bad thing.

Another awesome pick up by AJ!!!!! I wonder when the well will ever run dry like it did with Beathard.

18. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Siler was solid and esp had a good 2nd half.

weddle looked pretty solid too. not perfect butnot bad

19. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    It looks like he's our newest addition to a great LB corps.

Dude has impressed in his few games.

I just want to say that when the Raiders started that drive by the goal line, I mentioned to my friend who was watching the game with me, that the Chargers would recover a fumble for a TD within the next three plays. And bingo.... it happened! I kid you not. It was really scary..... I had a feeling it was going to happen and when it did, well..... I wish I could predict the point spreads like that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
  21. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Thankyou A.j. and young spanos for finding tucker. HE's the real deal. Now if waters would get 100% healthy our linebacking corp will be killa for years. :yes::abq1::abq2:

22. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Tucker played well yesterday and made me feel a little better about going into the PO's banged up as we are on defense.

23. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Ya know, playoff experience IS important. I'm not discounting that at all. A big part of playoff experience is maintaining composure, minimizing mistakes, imposing your will on opponents, ....

One thing I really like, which I feel IS in our favor this year, is that we have a fair amount of players who bring intangibles to the plate.

Think about this. Who has seen much of Na'anee? Sproles has been getting more time at RB - is it just the time of year or are we getting ready to see more 2 back sets? Jyles Tucker? A disruptive guy who flies around & hasn't been seen enough to know what he's all about. Cro plays with a fair amount of abandon & could be seen at another ST or offensive position. More of MT? More of Weddle? :icon_shrug:

I guess what I mean is, I'm hoping to see some of these guys make a difference in the playoffs. I know that it will be our starters that pull the most weight, but I'm also hoping to see a few wrinkles with some of these other guys that just blow the socks off of our opponents.

Damn, I just can't wait for Sunday!! :abq2:

24. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Tucker puts Dobbins in the hot seat. He might also put Polk on the hot seat. I would figure either one of them would go before Harris. Interesting training camp coming up. I used to be a lot higher on Dobbins than I am now.

25. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yeah, me too. I thought Dobbins was gonna be the head-hunting guy in the middle who just ate your lunch every play. hasn't panned out that way. Still, I'm not quite ready to give up on him. :no:

26. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    That's why next T C will be real interesting. O Line, LB's and DB"s like Oliver and Gordon. Parker will be back. Chandler will be in his second season. New Fat Boys will be in town. There are teams under duress right now and we have some interesting options.

27. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    :icon_rofl: Thumper

Tucker does get the game ball for yesterday though... Defensive game ball is a no brainer, IMO .... He even had a defensive TD. :tup: