1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Who is the O lineman we're talking to in Indy?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Dublin Bolt, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Hi guys....... anyone subscribe to scout.com?.

Is it King Dunlap?... :icon_shrug: or are they referring to Pat Sims (the other side of the line at Auburn)

I'm hoping Branden Albert is there at 27 and AJ pulls the trigger. :tup:

2. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    The Chargers' blog mentions King Dunlap, Marcus' teammate from Auburn.

LINK

I don't know who AJ is interviewing though....

3. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    A few offensive linemen who didn't make it in for interviews on Thursday were among the first visitors to the media room. One of them was William Robinson, offensive tackle out of San Diego State.

Robinson talked to a few teams already, including the Chargers and the Redskins, and was asked by one reporter how he would feel about staying in San Diego to continue his football career.

It's like my second home," Robinson said with a smile.

Among the skills and traits he believes will help him in this draft are his competitive, tenacious nature, the fact that he's a hard worker, and his hand/feet technique.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    King Dunlap, I don't know much about him but he's actually BIGGER then Marcus McNeil. Let that one sink in your head a bit, he's bigger then the biggest Offensive Tackle I've ever personally seen.

5. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Id Dunlap weighed 336, you would be right. He is however 20 something lbs lighter. I didnt catch his official height but they are about the same.

Anyways, who the Chargers talk to isnt really significant as to who they might draft if you look at the history the past 4 years with AJ and Nix. Never read they talked to Merriman or Castillo or Buster Davis....or Cro for that matter.

So...if i read that they are talking to Gosder Cherilus, then i would actually be a little be disapointed.

6. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...I don't know too much about King Dunlap other than what I've read. Branden however is a highlight film on interior offensive linemen. He moves like a cat in heavy traffic and delivers knockout blocks. Both of these guys can probably add more bulk too so they may both be beasts in the pros.

7. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Trust me when I can attest to this. I've seen this dude twice (Big Mac) at the local Walmart and Target here in East Chula Vista. Like I mentioned on an older post about Big Mac, when the dude walked in the store I swear SASQUATCH freakin walked in the door. The whole store just stared at him and was in awe of how big this dude was. WITHOUT PADS! If this Dunlap guy is bigger I'd like to see it (esp. on our O-Line!). Man, I just don't hope his belly "Dunlap" over his belt! :lol:

8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Be nice, but I don't think we draft high enough. If Dunlap falls that far, Cooahl. Otherwise, NT or Guard. This has to be a fat boy draft.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Dunlap's definitely not a first rounder, I'm not sure but my guess is he's a late third early fourth but I've got nothing to base that on

10. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Here's the Fat Boys for you again RC....:icon_rofl:

[​IMG]