1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Who is this Trotter guy?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by gsxr, Nov 29, 2010.

1. gsxr

gsxr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    I haven't watched the post game stuff till last night and I was suprised to see this guy making excuses for the colts having sooo many injuries and backups in the game. I'm pretty sure the Chargers have delt with this more but man what a tool. He was so down I thought he was from indy. Not much of a sports writer if his opinion is slanted. Is he from here and just hates it? Dude needs a new job.:confused:

2. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    He used to work for the SDUT and covered the Chargers for over a decade .. Personally, I've pretty much stopped following the guy because I think he has started to over compensate for his past bias ..

Jim Trotter - Writer Archive - SI.com

3. gsxr

gsxr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Ah...thanks

4. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Yeah, like you said. Trotter used to be a UT beat writer for the Bolts, but now has become the Chargers "Negative Nancy". Dude hardly has anything nice to say about the Bolts. He's also a self proclaimed Marty lover. I just take what he says with a grain of salt. Or I just mute his arse....

5. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
  6. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    He's basically the anti-Acee. He hates AJ, loved Marty. Supported guys like LT and VJ (supported VJ and MM's holdouts) and blamed AJ for everything that went wrong. He's probably pissed that the team is winning without those guys and proving AJ right.

7. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,336
    If no one read what he said, would he have a job?

8. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
  9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Carpe Diem et omni Mundio Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +3,068
    He's a very negative writer on the chargers but just like Acee I take what he says with a grain of salt. When that's done it usually helps. Or conversely read Acee then immediately read Trotter. Still I think he was just wildly negative about this game suggesting this doesn't mean squat.

10. Yngwie77

Yngwie77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17
    I follow him Twitter since he used to be the Charger beat writer but he is a douche....very negative toward Chargers now

11. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
    Thanks for summing that up .. :D

12. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,989
    Didn't Jim McMahon blow his nose on this dude years ago???????

13. JohnnyX

JohnnyX ☆☆☆☆☆

Ratings:
    +416
    Can't say I had any problem with what he said. All he said was "It doesn't matter what chargers do in the regular season if they fail in post season". Obvious yes but nonetheless true. Don't know anything about he's past though.

14. Cheapseats

Cheapseats The fight for LA is over....LA lost.

Ratings:
    +441
    Trotter is just bitter. Where the Chargers are concerned, he looks for anything negative to dwell on. When I hear his voice I mute the source while saying "Loser!".