1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Who is your off the radar/sleeper/take a flyer player?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by CoronaDoug, Jan 28, 2013.

1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,609
    RB Miguel Maysonet 5'9 210, stocky, quick feet, runs low to the ground with power.

RB Zac Stacy 5'8 216...the same.

Two reasons why there is nothing gained by reaching on a RB this year, its a very deep class.

2. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +175
    I know Miguel Maysonet and played against him in high school as I am from new york... I like him and root for him but i wouldnt want him on the bolts he lacks the explosiveness to be successful in the nfl IMO ... hes generously listed at 210 when in reality he's probably plays closer to 195

3. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,609
    I gave him 210 because he came in at 209 at the combine. Also did 28 reps, and ran a 4.43.

I'd consider him on day 3 along with Stacy, and Ford.

4. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +175
    he did 20 reps not 28... and he ran a 4.43 short shuttle, he didnt run the 40.. and yeah he weighed in at 209 but im pretty sure that was in preparation for the combine in a situation similar to ronnie hillman from last year.. hillman weighed in at the combine at 200 lbs then played the season for the broncos at like 185

5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +480
    So, 2 years later, how did you guys do?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +223
    *Crickets chirping*

I knew we never should have drafted him/them.......

I wonder if anyone had Kenan Allen as a sleeper.

7. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,609
    This isn't much of a sleeper thread. I know we've had better that we could chew some crow over.

8. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +124
    hahah, Keenan was considered a 1st round pick by basically everyone.....sleeper???? lol.

I didn't do bad, Cyprien was a 2nd rounder, Armstead was a 3rd rounder, so they aren't really sleepers. Washington and Mauti haven't really done much of anything, neither has Watford.

9. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    Pough is still on an NFL roster (Cleveland), albeit stuck fighting for more than just ST snaps and yet to register a tackle.

Rivera didn't do quite as well as I expected, but has been serviceable... and expectations should have been tempered the second he went to the Raiturds anyway.

Micah Hyde was moved to safety by Green Bay, but looks to at least have the 3rd safety spot locked down and could end up opening this next season as the other starter next to Clinton-Dix.

Carder couldn't make it out of camp with the Lions - or beat out Thad Lewis for a roster spot - but reports have sounded good about him carving out a spot on Ottawa in the CFL.

Zeke Motta ended up drafted by Atlanta, but looks like his career may have been ended due to a cervical neck injury.

Chappelear made his rounds to three different NFL teams (Bengal, Patriots, and Cowboys) and is currently back on the free agent market. All three have been 4-3 teams playing him at LDE and I still feel like his skill-set best fits a bulk-up to play end in an odd-man front. Probably will never know, though.

I swung for the fences though and didn't really go with "safe picks" from bigger programs.