1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Who says white men can't jump?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carrie1219, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Look at AJ? :icon_rofl:

][​IMG]

2. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Yeah but his feet are still on the ground lol...but...is that a SMILE?? :icon_eek:

A good pic...:icon_wink: LT looks awesome.

3. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    If I'm correct, his feet left the ground as this pic was taken as LT scored. Anyway, the pic is pretty funny...

4. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    It's a great photo...I think in honor of our division win today I am going to get myself an LT replica jersey to wear to the gym....:) :bolt:

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Is that AJ's stunt double in the tan sweater vest? (over the ref's left shoulder):lol:

6. **2~FOR~1**

**2~FOR~1** BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    ...how about the genius next to him taking a pic with a f'n cell phone...I'm sorry, but if I'm lucky enough to be on the sidelines, I'm bringing a Kodak store with me...lmao! :icon_tease:

7. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    That is pretty funny too...

We should do a caption the pic with guesses about what AJ says as LT makes the record breaking TD... :icon_mrgreen:

So many pics today that are worthy of another Caption the Picture contest.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    technically that wasn't a jump but a tippie toe stand

9. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Darn, I thought the geezer caught air... :icon_mrgreen:

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    upon review, the general manager's heels left the ground but his toes remained planted. Therefore he had no air, old white guys can't jump still

11. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Thankyou jesus that A.j. is the chargers G.m.. And thankyou jesus that the spanos's hired big john so then A.j. could then precede him. Amen.:yes:

12. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Hope "genius" got his finger outta the way :icon_mrgreen: :icon_rofl:

13. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    [​IMG]

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/11/sports/football/11chargers.html?ref=sports

December 11, 2006
    Chargers 48, Broncos 20
    Tomlinson and Chargers Run Away With A.F.C. West
    By JUDY BATTISTA
    SAN DIEGO, Dec. 10 — It was Marty Schottenheimer’s favorite play — 50 Power — a run by Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson designed to go inside. It is fitting that Schottenheimer’s favorite play is a power run — this is the man who made the conservative “Marty Ball” famous and infamous — and fitting that it was the run that sent Tomlinson into history.

Tomlinson took the handoff at the Broncos’ 7 late in the Chargers’ 48-20 victory against Denver on Sunday and headed left. The coaches tell him that if he insists on going outside, he is on his own.

So he was, with only a cornerback, Darrent Williams, standing between him, the goal line and the record book.

The 221-pound Tomlinson swept past Williams — he would smile later at the notion that a 188-pound cornerback could take him down — and as he crossed over the pylon for his third touchdown of the day, he swept past Shaun Alexander, too, taking over the N.F.L.’s single-season touchdown record with 29.

Alexander needed all 16 of the Seahawks’ regular season games to set the touchdown record last season. Tomlinson has three more regular-season games to perhaps put the record well out for future generations of players. He is only 2 points behind Paul Hornung’s single-season record, 176.

But Schottenheimer — who said he did not become emotional in the locker room after the victory secured the American Football Conference West title for the Chargers — has already put Tomlinson well past all of the great running backs who have preceeded him.

“I believe he is the finest running back ever to wear an N.F.L. uniform,” Schottenheimer said with a break in his voice. “For all the skills he has a player, they pale in comparison to the person.”

For Tomlinson, the record was a relief and a reward. He took a ride in a luxury helicopter to get to an appearance on “The Tonight Show” last week. Tomlinson said he wanted to get the hoopla surrounding his magical season over.

But as his fortunes have exploded, so have the Chargers. He has scored 26 touchdowns in the last nine games — and the Chargers have won eight of them.

Schottenheimer said he heard someone before the game say that everything was falling in place for the Chargers, but he ignored it.

But in Kansas City, the Chiefs lost to the Ravens. In Jacksonville, the Colts lost to the Jaguars. With their victory, the Chargers did not merely win their division, they surged to 11-2 and have a one-game lead over the Colts and Ravens for the best record in the A.F.C. and home-field advantage in the playoffs.

“It is extra meaningful,” Tomlinson said of setting the record on a day laden with so much meaning for the Chargers. “You clinch the division and then you take over the No. 1 seed — so many things happened today that are special to this team.”

Tomlinson immediately doused any suggestion that he might want fewer carries, to rest up for the playoffs.

“What I really want to do is lock up home-field advantage,” he said. “I want to play. I don’t want to sit at all.”

In that case, Tomlinson may not sit until the bye week, if the Chargers earn it. Two of the Chargers’ final three games are at home, including the season finale against Arizona. They have won seven in a row and are 7-0 at home.

It had once seemed as if “Marty Ball” — the brand of conservative run-first offense that Schottenheimer has favored, occasionally to disastrous results — would be the Chargers’ only handicap as they surged toward the playoffs this season.

Schottenheimer has 202 career victories, but not one Super Bowl appearance. His preference for playing it safe cost the Chargers a victory in Baltimore more than two months ago, when San Diego, sitting on a lead, attempted only eight passes in the second half. But Schottenheimer seems to have been emboldened by having the most well-balanced team in the A.F.C.

One play — a singular bit of razzle-dazzle — may reflect the soaring confidence level of the Chargers, and be an indication that the worst of “Marty Ball” may be gone for good. ............. click on the link for more......

14. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    From JC Davey ....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Buddy Nix would be a great GM

16. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Speaking of AJ, i dont know if anyone noticed, but on the aftergame show, they showed AJ standing in the doorway of the locker room shaking hands with all the players as they walked in, and when donnie got to the door he jsut turned his shoulder and AJ just moved past him and went to sproles

17. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    It's great to see our GM out there showing some emotion. AJ is the architect of the best Chargers team ever, and he know that this is just the beginning of a long run of Chargers domination.

AJ "AIR" Smith - He's got hops!

[​IMG]

18. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    i wonder how much he gets paid:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

19. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    :lol:

The dude skies over Mickelson.

20. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Now thats cool :icon_rofl: :icon_toast:

21. mapcap55

mapcap55 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +66

I think that's Buddy Nix, He may look kinda like AJ, but he sounds just like Ross Perot...

22. TJBOLT

TJBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19
    that rigth there shows the love he has for the players and for the team success

23. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Yah looks more like Lofton has been working with him on his Toe Tap.

24. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    So many different banners could be inserted here... :icon_mrgreen:

25. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288

Get off Nix He's MY adopted Charger!!! :2guns:

:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

Now if Thumper can get around to making my sig.... :icon_tease: