1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Who should be traded for picks?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by charger1993, Aug 3, 2011.

1. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    OLB Larry English- Larry English was a spur of the moment pick by AJ who jumped 2-3 rounds to take this guy in the first, He shoes he has the talent to be great, but his body shows the talent to stay injured, we need to trade him for a pick anywhere from 2-4 round, before we cut him like we did butler

DT Antonio Garay- He is an very old DT with not many games under his belt, alot of 4-3, 3-4 teams would go nuts for him, and he wont stay good for much longer see jamal williams, we could get a 2nd for him

WR Patrick Crayton - This dude played football with moses he is a benefical player to have but he wont get us a championship, trade him while he has value

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,412
    LOL......... wrong on all accounts. :roflmao:

3. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    why do you think that? show me where larry english was worth the pick in any game, he wasnt hes not a impact paler we need hes the buster davis of LB,, Garay was a FA who we picked up he helped us one year i dont expect him to be able to help for another year, and crayton well the cowboys got rid of him and there was a reason, hes old n not gonna hlep on the level we need

4. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,412
    1. Chargers will not give up on English now, so soon after his surgery. They invested too much in him to give him away, and no team is going to give them enough to make it worthwhile.

2. Garay is far from done..... don't let his calendar age fool you, he's younger in football years. His body is not broken down, he should be good for several more years. He's really a late bloomer because of his early injuries.

3. Crayton is our #2 WR..... why would we trade him away when our depth at WR isn't that great? Crayton was very productive for us last season before he got hurt. Remember, he came in the middle of the season and still picked things up fast. I expect to see a very productive season from Crayton this year. For your information, Crayton and Floyd are the same age..... he's experienced, not old.

5. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34
    C'mon naow! Garay was the ONLY reason our D was ANYTHING last year, and if healthy will be a HUGE part of our D this year.

You haven't watched Garay play if you are just willing to dump him for a 2nd.

Also, you are smokin' ROCK if you think English wasn't going to be drafted until the 3rd round. He is lookin like a bust, but i'll give him this year to prove anything

We wouldn't get sh!t for Crayton, he's perfect right where he is, doing what he's doing.

Look at our past drafts, the last 4-5 years have been, well disappointing to say the least. Why would you want to prove our PROVEN players for wild card college guys?

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shu303

Shu303 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Wow is that amazing......turns me on a little :tup:

8. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    I just think we can upgrade at those spots, harsh is very good but I'm not sold on him after a year, English will not do anything this year or the next, he is a bust, and is Floyd comes back to SD crayon can find a new home

9. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,412
    Keep dreamin'....... all three will be with the team.

10. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    I know they will, this is just who I think should be traded, English mostly

11. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Stopped reading after the Garay "analysis." This guy has no idea what he's talking about. English has not shown anything YET, but he's had his setbacks and I'm not willing to throw him under the bus just yet. EVERYONE was injured last year so it's hard to judge anyone based off of just that. He is still making the transition into a 3-4 scheme and is transitioning into an OLB instead of a DE, this year will definitely show if he's a bust or not. Remember, this isn't Madden. You can't just plug people in wherever you please, they have to adjust.

12. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    I know English had to make a transiston but I mean this guy hasn't showed me anything or any reason to keep him, if he doesn't produce this season he needs to go, garay I just think we should trade him because this is when his value is the highest, I thought we should have traded LT after the 06 season, I wasn't on the forum then but I was right, his numbers went down tremendously,

13. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    Why would we get rid of Garay? That's stupid. When building a team you keep certain things constant, and with the troubles we've had on the line in the past why in the HELL would we dismantle something that's finally solid?

14. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,412
    We all agree that English needs to show something this season...... don't think you'll find any argument there.

Garay is a stud, and will continue to be a stud unless he gets injured. Why would you trade away your best NT for an unknown quality draft pick?

Crayton is a productive #2 WR..... he's the best guy we have opposite Jackson. If we have any intent on winning this year, then it makes no sense to trade him away.

Bottom line, you don't trade away your starters at the beginning of the season for future draft picks.... that's nuts. The time for those trades is at draft time.

15. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    I just think he's gonna go downhill, it's just a feeling, n all these players I would trade for other players

16. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,412
    It's comforting to know that someone else is making those roster decisions. ;)

17. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    I agree I'm not a genius, but I think there are players we could get rid of n be fine, especially if we brought up Richard goodman, good speed n hands, just think Jackson, goodman, brown,tutu and gates, we could be unstoppable, my main concern for this season is RT we need one who doesn't suck

18. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,412
    [​IMG]

19. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    Ur kiddin right? Clary is our worst ol

20. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,412
    Oops!........ you're wrong again. ;)

Vasquez was by far our worst O-line player last year. Greene briefly filled in when Vasquez got hurt, so he was the second worst. Clary may not be spectacular, but he's the only lineman to play every snap last season. He may not be elite, but he doesn't suck either.

21. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Starts with a K and ends with an ING

22. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    You're right Kaeding would make a TERRIBLE lineman.

23. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162

24. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    Dang it stupid I phone,.... But Vasquez is a vet promising lineman, he is right behind dielmN and Hardwick imo

25. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,412
    Vasquez had a decent rookie year and has been very up and down since. Why do you think they said that it would be an open competition with Greene for the starting spot? He's hardly locked down the position.

26. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I should have stopped reading this thread .:sleep:

• Like Like x 1
  27. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    He's been up and down but he will win the RG spot, Greene is nothin but anthlete I Am more than confident Vasquez will be a starter who will help us win

28. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    He's been up and down but he will win the RG spot, Greene is nothin but anthlete I Am more than confident Vasquez will be a starter who will help us win

29. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Thank you.

Well written.

30. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Vasquez was good his rookie year and was injured alot last year. I'm thinking the Greene comment is more to push Vasquez then to seriously hand the job to someone who played very poorly (Greene)