1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Who will the Clippers draft this year?

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by P88F, Jun 24, 2008.

1. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    They have the 7th pick and guessing they get Eric Gordon. What do you guys say?

2. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    I like Eric Gordon a LOT but he will never be a #1 option. If you are a team with a #1 option and need a secondary player, he would be a smart choice. If you are expecting a superstar with the #7 selection, he is not the guy. Dude is going to draw lots of fouls and get to the stripe, can hit the open three, pass the ball well for a SG, runs the fastbreak exceptionally well, plays well in a team concept, will get steals and probably be an adequate man defender. I would take him #7 overall no question and I would rather have him than Russell Westbrook or even Jerryd Bayless. He is more of the type of player you win championships with due to his ability to flourish in a team system and draw contact which is very important in clutch games (putting your opponent's starting lineup in foul trouble = success). I view him as a pure SG.

3. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    ^^ok,

imo at #7, best pg available will be chalmers. this guy has all the intangibles and is one of the best clutch shooters ive ever seen. lac needs an upgrade over brevin knight while livingston gets healthy. a backcourt of chalmers and livingston (assuming hes healthy) along with al thornton/brand and kaman would give the clippers a pretty sick team.

4. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Chalmers is a 6'1 shooting guard with no handles :lol:

Hey check this out, news already..

"The Portland Trail Blazers will acquire the 27th pick in the draft from New Orleans in exchange for cash considerations, according to a report from ESPN.

The deal was agreed to verbally between the two teams on Tuesday night, according to the source. The teams have scheduled a trade call with the league in the morning to make the deal official."

5. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Rumor: Magette +7 for Barbosa + 15 :icon_eek:

6. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    dude he basically ran the KU offense in the tourney. and the clippers need shooters. since cassell left theyve lacked that dependable guard who could make a shot.

i like gordon too but top 10 seems like a reach for him. IU couldnt buy a big game last year.

7. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    True but it is all about projection. IU didn't have the talent Kansas had. Gordon was dealing with an injury down the stretch I believe and he is younger than Chalmers.

8. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Clippers to select WESTBROOK #4 overall. Where will Bayless go?

9. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    word on the street is that the Clips will get Gordon.

10. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Clips don't have the 4th pick according to ESPN, but I think they still want Westbrook, but I like Gordon too.