1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Who's faster in real life?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Mar 21, 2010.

1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Out of CJ Spiller, Jahvid Best, Chris Johnson, Darren Sproles, or Jacoby ford? Whats the best way to judge real world and football field speed other than the 40 yard dash? I know these guys 40 times but is that really the end all be all of speed?

Do you agree with all the hype that spiller will be the next chris johnson?:icon_huh:

2. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34
    You think the combine is make belief?

I KINDA get what you are asking, but I am not positive. There is QUICK and there is FAST. As far as QUICK I think Sproles would be right there at the top. As far as straight line break away speed I'd say Jacoby or Johnson.

To run a great 40 time you have to have technique, if you put that aside and wanna know open field, you aint gonna catch me type of speed i'd say Chris Johnson, though there is a VERY slim difference between all of them. Basically, if any one of those dudes get out in front of everyone..C-Ya.

3. keoni boi

keoni boi BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Ya, I gotta agree. the 40 is with out pads and north and south. Its technique. that being said, 40 speed between all those you named is a difference of what? .05 seconds or so?

Ill take start and stop quickness, overall skill, can he get in the endzone, does he fumble? ya know?

4. Chargerfn909

Ratings:
    +34
    Yea, the OP topic is vague, and a bit weird.

If he was talking best PURE RB it would be a different story. I dunno though..

5. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    I mean between different areas one can excell in speed and quickness in running. Overall "fastest." Not just straight line speed but as an rb in particular. Speed in and out of cuts. Acceleration etc...

6. Chargerfn909

Ratings:
    +34
    I'd have to go with Chris Johnson as he is the only PROVEN NFL RB to do what you are saying.

Spiller and Best have all the tools to do what Johnson does, but it hasn't happened yet. Jacoby is more of a DeSean Jackson type, straight line speed, burner. Sprolzy is probably the QUICKEST of them all, stops on a dime and can switch direction etc. Straight line speed he's fast but not CJ/Best Chris Johnson fast.

7. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    i hope we keep sproles!! he's so special!! I wouldn't mind ford to compliment vincent jackson...

8. keoni boi

keoni boi BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Another example...

Sproles ran a 4.48 at his combine, that was slower than matthews, tate, gerhart, spiller and best this year...

But tools and skill is what separates him from 40 times so, cant judge a book by the 40 :yes:

9. Chargerfn909

Ratings:
    +34
    7.3mil is ridiculous for a 3rd down/scat back/KR. I really like the guy as well, but just have a hard time believe AJ is ok to dish that kinda dough on him. I think he uses him to trade up or add another high 2nd in the draft.

I think Ford could be a lethal weapon for us but not sure i'd draft him because I am a firm believer we need to fix that D.

10. Chargerfn909

Ratings:
    +34
    Exxxxactly, lol imagine the thought of Gerhart being "Faster" than Sproles :icon_rofl:

11. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    IDK. I feel like if used right sproles could be worth 7.3 million. I mean reggie bush is staying in no. Plus after this year and sproles has his sb ring and realizes no one else will pay that much either maybe he'll sign a realistic deal...

12. Chargerfn909

Ratings:
    +34
    Dude 7.3mil is steep. Real steep.

Trade Sproles to the Skins for their 2nd round pick, take Best. Best can do everything Sproles could do + run between the tackles. Oh and he would be fraction of the price. We would then have 2 HIGH 2nd round picks not to mention 3 picks within 12 slots of eachother.

13. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    and he gets injured!!! YAYAH!

14. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    You don't know that... but then again neither do I. :lol:

15. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    i don't know that he WILL get injured but he has sutained fairly serious injuries each of the last 2 years.

16. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Yeah that concussion was pretty damn bad... scary too

17. CasualKnowledge

CasualKnowledge BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    Chris Johnson, no question. He's probably the fastest guy in the NBA, MLB, and NFL combined. Trindon Holliday might be faster, but that's if he gets drafted.