1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Who's going to the Pro Bowl?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdcfan18, Aug 30, 2009.

1. sdcfan18

sdcfan18 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    Not that I've ever really got much out of the Pro Bowl, nor do I really care who goes, it's interesting to see who we think has a shot. I got this idea from another forum where they are talking about Chargers and their chances.

Again, I know I'm jumping the gun a bit seeing as the season hasn't even started, but here we go...

My votes to have a shot at this years PB are:
    Tomlinson
    Rivers
    Gates (NO love on the other board. Not sure why no one was picking him!)
    McNeill
    J. Williams
    Merriman
    Phillips
    Jammer (might be a stretch, we'll see a few weeks into the season)
    Osgood (on special teams)

On the bubble:
    Jackson (not sure if this is the year - last nights catch was something amazing though)
    Castillo
    Cromartie (we'll see what Cro shows up this year)
    Vaughn Martin (I highly doubt a PB selection is coming this season, but I have to show some love to the UWO alum! Maybe a vote to the All Rookie Team is a little more realistic.)

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Popularity contest. Who cares? If they haven't sent Scifres to date, then the voters can blow me.

• Like Like x 2
  3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    :tup: :yes:

4. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    The question is.....who's going to actually show up to the Pro Bowl?

With it being played the week before the Super Bowl I wouldn't go looking for either SB teams players to touch the field.

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    QFT. Who the hell would take a chance in playing in the Miss NFL contest when you are in the running for King of the World? :lol:

6. sdcfan18

sdcfan18 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    Very good point. Never really thought of that. As I said in my first post, I've never really been a fan of the professional touch football that is the Pro Bowl. I like seeing lots of Chargers dominating their positions, but other than that I see little point in the game.

I just thought forecasting the season upcoming would be something to talk about.

7. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    I can remember the year after the superbowl whoopin' Bobby Ross was talking to a reporter about guys walking around the locker room talking about going to the pro bowl and he was like WTF? Pro bowl? I'm talking about going back to the Superbowl!

moving the time and location is a huge mistake. Hawaii was the bigest draw to the players and having the game AFTER the season always made sense. It never got much attention anyway, this will just further its obsolesence...

8. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    I have never watched an entire Pro Bowl game, as a matter of fact I think I have watched a total of 60 Minutes of play in the last 35 Years. I do not see that changing much in the next 10 Years.

9. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I might go to the Pro Bowl if I get a ticket to see the Chargers in the Super Bowl! :tup:

10. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    I wonder if they ever wouold put both games on the same field. The NFL wants that field in prime condition for the Super Bowl.

11. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    OK...seriously, the Pro Bowl is 22 guys on the field trying desperately not to get hurt. It interrupts their Hawaiian vacation....and now they are moving it to Miami for a couple of years.

Just say no!!!

12. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Elected, or going to the Pro Bowl??

Because although several Chargers will be elected, they cannot go with them playing in the SB the following week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Not just a question of chance, a big one though. The SB guys are hip deep in prep for the superbowl in the week before. This Pro Bowl stuff the week before is lame attempt to keep people tuned into the repetitive hype. It's all about eyeballs on ads. My picks:

VJ loses his virginity.
    Rivers.
    Gates.
    LT.
    Osgood.
    Dielman.
    Merriman.
    Phillips.

Not all them will make it, most likely, but they are my most likely.

14. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    The sad thing about the pro bowl to me: the only good highlight I've seen from it was Sean Taylor (RIP) blowing up the punter