1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Who's the best comic you've seen?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sdbound, Jul 27, 2007.

1. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    I'm watching a special on Showtime about comics and I was wondering who others thought was the funniest comic they've seen.

For me it was Kevin Nealon, he played our cafetera at SDSU in '85. I mean he was knee slapping funny.

A close second was Sam Kinison when he went by the name of Captian Rowdy.

2. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Red Skelton

3. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    George Carlin

4. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Did you actually see him on stage?

5. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    Mitch Hedberg shortly before he died. Bill Hicks was the greater comic ever.

6. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Not me, jes his weekly show on TV.

I'd put the young Bill Cosby in the same category.

Dean Martin was purty funny, 'specially when he hosted the Dean Martin Roasts.

And finally, Buddy Hackett.

7. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    If you have not seen it go out and buy the DVD "Action the complete series" Funny stuff

8. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Everyone should Buy:
    Jim Gaffigan - Beyond the Pale.:icon_rofl:

9. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Lil' Jim Norton, from the opie and anthony show on xm202 and that lucky louie show that was on HBO. He is my favorite by far;one of his jokes was "whats black crispy and sits at the top of a staircase?" I just saw him and Rich Voss, Patrice O'neal and Joe Rogan at the traveling virus comedy tour in Vegas 3 months ago... Check these guys out they are all totally wrong and funny ashell.

oh yeah the punchline "Chris Reeves in a house fire" http://forums.bolttalk.net/images/smilies/icon_rofl.gif
    :icon_rofl:

10. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    In person - I saw Bill Engvall last weekend, very funny. Bobcat back in the 80's.

On tv etc. - Eddie Murphy, Carlos Mencia.

11. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Sam Kinnison

Flip Wilson & Redd Foxx

and Don Rickles

Gallager

12. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    There was one dude named Joe Cannon and he had the Pubic Hair song as his claim to fame. I think he was a local but damn he was funny as well.

13. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Dave Chappelle
    Gallagher
    Carrot Top
    Rodney
    Kinneson

To name a few. Dont know many of the up and comers.

14. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    Howie Mandell

Gallagher, until he started the melon smashing

Rodney Dangerfield

15. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    LOL americans love howie mandell. to us he's more like your annoying bald next door neighbor who tells bad jokes.

16. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    back in his prime when he had hair he was funny, I'm not so sure about now though...

17. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I've got two of his Vegas shows on Beta :icon_eek:

18. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I've also got Carlin's "200 words" skit...**** hot!! :tup: :icon_rofl:

19. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Robin Williams.

20. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    This is a while back;

I was sitting at the beer/wine bar at the back of the cafeteria @ SDSU, the first comic up is the MC, Rick Rockwell, a funny guy one-on-one and at parties, he's received fairly well doing his tie getting wood bit.

Next up is another comic, he's doing ok. I can't recall his name though.

The guy I was talking to next to me at the bar turns out to be a real a-hole and starts heckling the guy on stage, "You're not funny, get off the stage!" stuff like that. The comic tries to knock the heckler down but he won't give up saying stuff like, "F you! you're not funny". I didn't know what to do. Finally the comic walks off and Rockwell comes back up and introduces the headliner, "Mr. Rowdy".

The a-hole gets up, walks up the side to the stage then down the front of the stage and picks up a small plastic pitcher of beer off of a table with his teeth and drinks all of it. The people at the table are stunned.

Then this a-hole walks up to the couple next to that table who are necking and starts screaming at them.

That was the first time I saw Sam Kinnison.

21. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Dat Phan http://www.datphan.com/

I don't know he's the best comic I ever saw, but he was the coolest.

I went to the comedy store on a wednesday night with some friends because I had scored free tickets from the comedy store traffic school. Dat Phan was just one of the comedians but he was hilarious. That night he came up to us after the show. Dude gave us a crap load of free tickets and we ended up all hanging out in front of the place just bullshitting. Guy just didn't stop. He was even more hilarious after the show.

We kept coming back and he kept giving us free tixs. He was totally cool every time we came in.

I had forgot about that, then I remember seeing on yahoo that he had won the first "Last Comic Standing". Never watched the show, but I was stoked for him. I sent him an email to congratulate him and got an email back right away. He totally remembered us just from my name.

Dude is funny and if you ever get a chance to catch one of his performances, you should.

22. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    Jeff Dunham

Ventriloquist who is just flat out FUNNY and makes all the puppets seem like they have their own personalities and they are completely different from one another

23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I was at SDSU in the late 70's early 80's. Aeronautical engineering major.

Monty's Den was the spot.

I saw Sam Kinnison at the open air theatre.

We could bring milk jugs of booze into the concerts and damn. Back in the day it was Mountain Dew and Vodka or Southern Comfort or Yukon Jack and enjoy.

We were the first class to get all LIVE parties banned from SDSU.

Oh and the "Bob's Big Boy" Statute that got ripped off and ended up as a frat god for a party, I have no clue who unbolted his ***. :lol:

24. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    I met him once at a restaurant at Mira Mesa. He is a pretty cool guy, gave me and my buddys free tixs to one of his shows. I wasn't 21 so I didn't see it, but he busted out with some funny jokes there at the restaurant. The thing I don't like about him is he always says the same jokes about being Asian livin in Santee (aka Klantee).

Talkin about Last Comic Standing, the funniest guy that season was no doubt Ralphie May, the huge fat white guy. I saw him when I was in high school at a Lowrider show around 2001. It was a tough crowd, cuz we were all tired of waiting in the 90+ degree heat for hours for Warren G to perform. He came out before Warren G, and the crowd of mostly cholos were ready to eat him alive. But the guy came out and won everyone over in a minute. He was like "the only reason there are lowriders are because of fat people, a bunch of fat@$$es decided to carpool, and that became the first lowrider." The fool was hilarious and definitely the highlight of the show.

25. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    I used to think Carlos Mencia was funny, when I saw him on Comedy Central's Comic Mix or whatever its called. Back then I wondered why he wasn't on the Latin Kings of Comedy. Then I noticed later that a lot of his jokes are strangely familiar to George Lopez, who is one of the top comedians I ever heard. Turns out, George Lopez, along with Joe Rogan and others, have gone off on Mencia for stealing jokes. George Lopez even tried to beat his @$$ once.

Check this out, him stealing Bill Cosby joke
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=lCixAktGPlg

And the infamous Carlos Mencia vs. Joe Rogan confrontation. This was pretty fun to watch, I like how they both have the balls to actually go at each other face to face in front of an audience.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jsq1uTLBHBc&mode=related&search=

I don't hate the guy, I just noticed his material was way too familiar to George Lopez, and I'm glad I wasn't wrong thinking this.

26. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Howie Mandell never had a "prime" :icon_rofl:

27. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    OH! I forgot one that MTL might like

Canadian-Indian Russell Peters

28. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XXaUS7pZAg0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XXaUS7pZAg0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>