1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Who's the Chargers' MVP -- LT or Rivers?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2660041

Who's more valuable to the Chargers -- Philip Rivers or LaDainian Tomlinson?

Eric Allen: LaDainian Tomlinson is still the MVP of this team. He drives this squad like no other running back in recent memory. Normally, when you see that a team has scored 42 points in the second half of a game after being down, it's because of the passing game, and the running back may have finish with one or two touchdowns ... not four! LT is, bar none, the best running back in the league, and while Philip Rivers is a great young talent, he's still not the Chargers' MVP.

Joe Theismann: Tomlinson is the more valuable of the two Chargers because everything he does allows Rivers to do what he does. There's no way Rivers has the kind of day that he had Sunday (24-of-36, 337 yards and three touchdown passes), without Tomlinson in the backfield. As a quarterback who played with great running backs, I know how easy your life is when you have a guy back there that the defense has to account for every moment.

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Co-MVPs.

3. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    That's as far as he can throw it?!?:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

4. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I love how he says that like it's a regular occurance in the NFL...

Normally teams don't score 28 points in a half, let alone 42.

I have to agree with Theismann, and that hurts me. But as good as Rivers is and as much as he's playing above his experience-level, he doesn't have the kind of success he's been having without LT there to tip the scales in his favor. He'd still be pretty good, but I don't think he'd be playing at a pro-bowl level at this stage of his development.

5. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    :yes:

Seems pretty good to me.

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Yeah no ****. A 42 yard BOMB - the haymaker extrodinare.....:lol:

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Rivers is the game MVP, to lead a team back from 21 point deficit on the road is amazing.
    LT, hes pretty good too. LOL