1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Whose offensive line would you trade ours for?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by mettadown, Apr 16, 2014.

?

Whose offensive line would you trade ours for?

1. Denver: Ryan Clady, Manny Ramirez, Will Montgomery, Louis Vasquez, Orlando Franklin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. New England: Nate Solder, Logan Mankins, Ryan Wendell, Dan Connelly, Sebastian Vollmer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Philadelphia: Jason Peters, Evan Mathis, Jason Kelce, Todd Herremans, Lane Johnson

20.0%
  4. Cincinnati: Andrew Whitworth, Clint Boling, Trevor Robinson, Kevin Zeitler, Andre Smith

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Dallas: Tyron Smith, Ronald Leary, Travis Frederick, Mackenzy Bernadeau, Doug Free

20.0%
  6. Cleveland: Joe Thomas, John Greco, Alex Mack, Jason Pinkston, Mitchell Schwartz

20.0%
  7. San Francisco: Joe Staley, Mike Iupati, Daniel Kilgore, Alex Boone, Anthony Davis

20.0%
  8. Detroit: Riley Reiff, Rob Sims, Dominic Raiola, Larry Warford, LaAdrian Waddle.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Minnesota: Matt Kalil, Charlie Johnson, John Sullivan, Brandon Fusco, Phil Loadholt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. San Diego will have the best O-Line in 2014

20.0%
  1. mettadown

mettadown BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    I'm trying to start an off-season discussion over which positional groups from other teams would you most like to trade all our players for the upcoming season based on whatever reasoning you want (sacks allowed, run blocking, potential, etc). Today's positional group is the Offensive Line, so if you had to trade Dunlap, Rinehart, Hardwick, Clary and Fluker, which team's Oline would you want? I've used the depth charts on cbssports.com.

Side note: Man I wish we still had Vasquez, our O line would be awesome with him instead of Clary.

2. mettadown

mettadown BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    I flirted with the idea of all of them (except Cincy and New England) I went with Dallas because I really want two things, a great left tackle and a great center. Since a lot of these teams have both I wanted the youngest I could get, plus Doug Free is a good right tackle. By putting in average guards you'd have the best line in the League.

I didn't go with Denver because I thought that Manning made them look better than they actually are.

3. DanB 21

DanB 21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    I'd like to pick bits and pieces out of all of them, but I guess the 49ers, closely followed by Philly possibly.

4. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +750
    Philly, Aside from when injuries occur, I think Peters, Mathis and Kelce are 3 of the best at their positions, like us their biggest weakness is RG, also like us they can save quite a nice chunk of change by cutting bait.