1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Whose secondary would you trade ours for?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by mettadown, Apr 15, 2014.

?

Whose secondary would you trade ours for?

1. Seattle: Richard Marshall, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, Byron Maxwell

100.0%
  2. New England: Darrelle Revis, Devin McCourty, Patrick Chung, Brandon Browner

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Arizona: Patrick Peterson, Tyrann Mathieu, Tony Jefferson, Antonio Cromartie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The Chargers will have the best Secondary in the NFL in 2014

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mettadown

mettadown BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    I'm trying to start an off-season discussion over which positional groups from other teams would you most like to trade all our players for the upcoming season based on whatever reasoning you want (pro bowls, interceptions, run defense, potential, etc). Today's positional group is the Secondary, so if you had to trade Weddle, Wright, Marshall and Gilchrist, which team's LB's would you want? I've used the depth charts on cbssports.com.

2. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +496
    Everybody's

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    I'll take Denver's

Aqib Talib, Chris Harris, TJ Ward, Rahim Moore

4. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings:
    +276
    Any of the mentioned ones in the option, but the best is Seattle. Hands down the best safety tandem in the game, and Sherman at corner who is one of, if not the best. They may even spend an early pick on a CB to go along with him and replace Browner if the opportunity presents itself.

Our secondary has a great piece with Weddle, but no real depth, and nothing to write home about elsewhere, especially at CB.

5. mettadown

mettadown BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    I thought about putting Denver's in as an option but couldn't do it since Talib and Ward are free agents (and Ward doesn't cover very well). I put the patriots in despite being free agents because Revis proved he could play in two different systems and I'm confident Bill Belichek will ensure he's a success there as well.

Obviously Weddle's a great piece and I'm a fan of the progress that Wright made and Addhae's splash plays in the playoffs and agression, but there's a long way to go

6. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    even though there was a major set back last year, but there is still a lot of talk from the players on what a beast Taylor is, I'm interested to see how he comes back.

7. DanB 21

DanB 21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Everyone's! No but seriously I agree with mettadown, Wright looked better, Weddle is ace, so we have some pieces.
    I'd still have to say the Hawks. I've always been told you build a defense down the middle, NT, MLB and SS as your main pieces. Having someone like Kam Chancellor dictating the defense the way he does and setting the tone is something we certainly lack. Also Sherman is their best corner and he is still there.

8. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +501
    Where's the "Who's entire team would you trade for ours?" thread.
    Training camp can't come soon enough ...