1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Why are some teams QBs making it look easy

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by wrbanwal, Nov 19, 2007.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Just sayin

I look at these teams with a QB that make it look easy

We have a good QB

How come he isn't making it look easy???

2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Because he is not a good QB yet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    so

vince young and jay cutler are???

4. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Answer:
    [​IMG]

5. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Yes

6. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    just like that???

I thought PR was our savior???

:icon_huh:

7. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Amen. It's not only PR who is flailing this season...and it is not all coincidence. Cause and effect.

8. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    That is going back to the days of Brees v. Rivers

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    There's not a lot of D being played tonight, that's why. But yes, they both look good tonight.

Rivers is FORCING ****, he's not JUST PLAYING.

11. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I think Norv pushed him out...

12. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Mojo Baby.

13. JBerrier

JBerrier BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Let's be honest. PR is currently playing like a backup QB. He's starring down receivers, make bad decisions, turning the ball over and contributing to this team losing games. But he's not the only player on this team that has taken a step backwards this year. He deserves the criticism he is receiving, but don't forget about all the others who deserve some blame.

14. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    :icon_rofl: It's so funny but it hurts. :icon_sad:

15. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    He is playing like a backup. Which is exactly why he needs to sit out a quarter.

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I think what he needs is another game like Denver. Let him get his confidence back. Norval needs to simplify things for him, COACH him. Make it easy for him. But Rivers needs to start thinking, looking off defenders, going through the reads. He is playing like a high school QB out there. He is looking all the way at one receiver. Why have multiple receivers out there?

17. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    Maybe we could have two tight ends, Lo neal, Turner, Rivers and a wr. Everyone will stay to block except for the wr, who will go long every time. That way Rivers will get time as he stares at his one wide receiver.

18. Edgar

Edgar BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    I have no idea what is wrong with the offense - I think the fact that after every single game they talk about one drive that went well as a sign of good things to come is wearing a little thin with me.

I think Rivers will be just above average eventually. He can't carry a team now, that is for certain. We lose virtually every game where he is required to throw the ball 20+ times. It's no secret. The problem this year is he has decided to turn the ball over more than any QB in the entire league. If he doesn't do that we are probably up a couple of games right now. He needs to take care of the ball.

He certainly has a lot of confidence in himself.

19. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I dunno. Last year we made it look easy. I guess I will just blame the whole team.

I wonder if Kris regrets leaving 10 mil in seattle for this...?

20. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    The turnovers are killing me. Just a thought, don't attack me pleaze...what if Rivers IS the problem? What if our play calling is failing and looking stupid because teams know Rivers won't beat them?

21. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    Our receivers are getting open, Rivers is making HORRIBLE throws.

22. skawash

skawash BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    how many r.a.c. yards do we have this year?
    probably near last in the nfl.
    pr never hits a guy on stride, like you see
    with owens and moss. It must be play
    calling and norv telling him where to
    go with the ball.

23. JBerrier

JBerrier BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    The problem with this team is almost everyone from the front office to special teams. Management destroyed the chemistry between the players and coaching staff by bringing in a proven loser. The HC instills no confidence and the AC's, I'm not sure if they should be in the positions their in. This team has some experience, but two veteran leaders are no longer here. Kenaan & Donnie's play and leadership are missing.
    The QB is lacking confidence and is playing like a mental midget. PR has skill, but I'll be damned if he's showing it. He's focusing on 1 target and turning the ball over way to often. But some of his problems could be attributed to his teammates.
    The offensive line is horrible. They are getting pushed around and lack the toughness they showed last year. Sometimes they appear to be standing in quicksand. They allow to much penetration and haven't opened many holes for LT this year.
    LT and Lo haven't been up to their normal caliber either. Lo picked up almost every 3rd and 1 last year. True, the o-line has alot to do with that, but he is also dropping alot of those short passes he receives this year. LT doesn't seem to be running as hard as years past. I'm sure PR and the o-line's ineffectiveness has something to do with that. But I want to see LT lead this team in times of trouble. Kick some butt, stop pouting to the media (I know I'll get killed for this, but it's true).
    The WR's are big young targets, but they are inexperienced. Go fight for the ball. VJ seemed to be fighting for playing time last year, now that he has it, he seems indifferent. I think Kenaan and Eric Parker are missed more that originally thought. They weren't greats, but they would make the catch and pick up 1st downs when needed.
    Gates is having a decent year, I can't complain too much about him. But where has Brandon gone? Last year he made a few big catches and made a few big blocks for LT. This year he is almost invisible and at 300lbs, that hard.
    What has happened to this defense? It was feared last year, now it seems like their playing 11 on 9. I know the secondary has been a weak point for years, but how do WR's get that open? The pass rush is average at best. I think Donnie's leadership and ability to play the pass are sorely missed. Merriman is nothing like he was, neither is Williams. The only two guys doing anything this year are Cro and Phillips. And Cro is almost an all or nothing guy. This defense has the skill, they just need a rocket up their *** to get it going.
    The special teams is doing alright, but not great. The reason the Chargers lead the league in scoring last year was because the punt & kickoff team (as well as the defense) constantly gave them a short field. Spoles is a quick little guy with some heart, but Turner and Parker were excellent last year.
    This team needs to get back to Charger football. Dominate the O & D lines, RUN-RUN-RUN, play action and use the skilled players they have to seperate from the other NFL teams.

• Like Like x 1
  24. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Rivers looked pretty great against Denver's defense, too. BTW, if you think Rivers has struggled, Vince Young has been flat-out terrible this year.

25. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    True dat.

26. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Nice post. Good observations.

I'm not a fan of this HC/DC duo. These two were my absolute last choices. But hey - the FO doesn't ask for my input on these things.

As poor as the coaching may appear to be (I'm being nice here), the players have to want it, too. For some reason, it looks like they just expected their season to begin in January.

Everybody needs to pick it up. Coaches & players alike. If there's a problem in the locker room, get it out in the open & DEAL WITH IT!!!

Act like champions. Play like champions. Become champions. :mad2:

27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Great post and welcome to the forum! :tup: