1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Why aren't there two threads?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by HollywoodLeo, Dec 13, 2009.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    :icon_huh:

Don't **** with karma

2. Helljumper

Helljumper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +54
    Why are there usually two threads?

3. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    two threads for what? Two threads about there not being two threads?

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    becuase someone doesnt understand how things are done!

Someone started a Thread about the Game many days before the game even started. Then someone made that thread a "PREGAME" Thread.

Then someone started a Gameday thread, then someone merged the PREGAME THREAD into the GAMEDAY THREAD, then they changed the name to make the PRE GAME THREAD the GAMEDAY THREAD.

So if you want to start the gameday thread now, you now have to do it 2 weeks in advance to beat out the someone who likes to create all kinds of threads!

5. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    WTF? I wanna start the redskins thread. ANd just so I can get ahead maybe i''ll start a Donks at bolts, Pats at bolts and bengals at bolts division playoff thread. That way whatever game actually happens, i'll have started the thread and thensome...:icon_shrug::icon_shrug: Otherwise some other Dbag will just do it... why not me:icon_shrug:

6. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I've merged the "pre-game" and game-day threads since the "pre-game" threads started. Simply b/c folks end up talking about the gameday stuff in both, this way everyone is having the same conversation in the same place.

There was no re-naming of the gameday thread, I just added the posts from the pre-game thread to it and kept the game-day thread name.

Those who want ot discuss the game before the game-day thread is created have their thread - on game-day the tradition lives and once folks start talking about the game in both threads I just move the pre-game posts over.

Is there a problem with that?

7. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Well to keep the integrity of the day game thread, I vote that Syd is the only moderator allowed to merge any other thread with the game day thread. It is imperative that the Game day thread does not get contaminated by other threads. It takes a special mod to understand when it is safe to merge an inferior thread with the game day thread…Syd is that moderator. Proof you ask? Well I believe we have won every game sense the thread merger has started….what I know for sure is the BOLTS have a EIGHT GAME WINNING STREAK! :yes:

8. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I don't really have a problem with it....although it has been my experience that the threads have not been merged.

That's not a complaint of any sort, I just don't remember them ever being merged.

In fact, the entire reason this thread exists is because I have been posting "why are there two threads?" in the pre-game not merged thread every week since the winning streak started and I didn't want to quit now since it's apparently working. :lol:

9. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    My inner narcissist thanks you and thinks you're absolutely correct sir. :icon_tease:

:lol: good thinking sir. carry on!

10. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    we are just people who come here, and have been here for a few years now.

Tradition dictates some things, but who cares anymore.

So with all that crap, we now have next year’s opponent’s can I start a Gameday thread on those guys now and just keep bumping it?

11. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    H8er... I just don't understand what the big deal is. I don't mean that to dismiss you, I'm just trying to understand what the issue is.

As I see it, no one is preventing tradition. Some folks did start threads to discuss the game the week of, but that's just like "raider week" threads - they are not the game-day thread and the semantics around the thread title has been taken care of.

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Why do most people have two hands? :icon_shrug:

14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Why does Radio Shack ask for your phone number when you buy batteries? I don't know.

15. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I guess you wouldnt.

you guys can do anything you want!

bye

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    WTH is that supposed to mean?

Chill out guy :icon_shrug:

17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I am not sure if it means anything. Some people get set in their ways and any change to them is bothersome.

I am sure it will blow over, the Chargers will erase any of these small issues.

So lets all get our Chargers grove on and do the ELECTRIC BOOGALOO! :abq2: :abq1: :abq2: