1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Why did we activate Kaeding??? He's not healthy, and Brown is still on the roster.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chargers-Superhero, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Brown was actually listed as the 3rd QUARTERBACK against Denver. I guess if Kaeding got hurt more. But did you see his kickoffs against Denver, UGH. I'll give him a pass on the 52 yarder, it was dead on, just a foot or two short. But he clearly is still hurt.

Either Punt on 4th down, or just go for it. No FG's.

2. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    I have zero confidence in Nate. We need to just IR him and go with Brown the rest of the season.

3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    The point will come where Nate Kaeding costs us another game.

4. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    IR Nate FFS. It's not like we're going to need him. He cannot make a clutch kick end of. Give Brown the job.

5. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Do you all really need my opinion on this again? :icon_rofl:

6. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    when he lined up for the 52 yarder our whole section was saying WTF? We knew with his injury he did not have the leg. When he lined up for the second one evryone was pissed. Good thing for us Norv changed his mind and we pinned them on their five.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    why would you stop now in the midst of your moment of "SEE?! I TOLD YOU SO!"??

:lol:

8. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    We should either sit Nate Kaeding until he is healthy, or have him do nothing but kick extra points and have Kris Brown handle all the field goals & kickoffs. If we're going to keep Brown on the roster for "insurance", we should use him.

It reminds me of last season when we kept Michael Bennett on the roster all season, but rarely used him no matter how bad LT struggled.

9. gsxr

gsxr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Nate is still not happening and if Brown is on the roster why activate him? I was wondering if it was going to be another miss if he tried the 53 yarder but at least Norv decided to go with the punt. I hope in the future we only go for field goals inside the 30, otherwise a pin inside the 5 should be a practiced move so we can get a safety. The team aside from Nates' record, shouldn't be relying on a kicker to win or save a game.

10. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Well, they CUT Brown to put V-Jack on the roster, so hopefully he still is available, because I have lost faith in Nate in the Regular season. Already lost faith in him in the playoffs.

11. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Seriosly kaedings injury could have been a blessing if we ird him!! We could have been superbowl bound. Now not a chance.